Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Venza and Sienna

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-20, 09:01 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,424 Likes on 1,588 Posts

2022 sedona says hold my beer...

Old 10-09-20, 09:19 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

alex part 1

Old 10-10-20, 02:39 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I have information for our friends in Europe. At least for the Swiss market, I had a discussion with sell official at Toyota, and the new batch of the Sienna will not be imported to Switzerland. What could also mean that it will be not imported in central europe (because or import market mirrors those in the states around us).
So we will be stuck on importing US models.
Old 10-10-20, 04:22 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Benoit
I have information for our friends in Europe. At least for the Swiss market, I had a discussion with sell official at Toyota, and the new batch of the Sienna will not be imported to Switzerland. What could also mean that it will be not imported in central europe (because or import market mirrors those in the states around us).
So we will be stuck on importing US models.
The previous gen Siennas were never exported. Why would this model be different?
Old 10-10-20, 08:18 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
GAH that bumper!!!
Old 10-10-20, 09:15 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

If only it weren't a hybrid...
Old 10-10-20, 12:36 PM
Benoit
Advanced

The previous gen Siennas were never exported. Why would this model be different?
The 2019 version was imported in Switzerland. It had just horrible sales and there must be around 60 to have been sold in the whole country.

If only it weren't a hybrid...
Read from Europe, this statement makes no sense. "If only my car could consume more fuel and have higher maintenance costs, paired with more people killed by pollution, wildfire and flooding"... is what I read.
Old 10-10-20, 12:45 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

The 2019 version was imported in Switzerland. It had just horrible sales and there must be around 60 to have been sold in the whole country..
wow...thanks. I never knew that.
Old 10-10-20, 04:26 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

The 2019 version was imported in Switzerland. It had just horrible sales and there must be around 60 to have been sold in the whole country.
My take on that is, from Alex's review, it is that a North American design is too wide for Europe generally.
Old 10-10-20, 09:14 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

so it makes perfect sense not to bring the new one to switzerland.

Read from Europe, this statement makes no sense. "If only my car could consume more fuel and have higher maintenance costs, paired with more people killed by pollution, wildfire and flooding"... is what I read.
please, no need for that level of judgment just because it makes no sense to you. and i don't know what you drive, but i'm sure there's something less polluting unless you drive an EV.
Old 10-10-20, 09:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sdls
GAH that bumper!!!
but alex shows you can cook bacon in it.
Old 10-11-20, 05:04 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Interesting. Despite being e-AWD, the Sienna Hybrid still has a towing capacity of 3500lbs.
Old 10-11-20, 05:17 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rogerh00
My take on that is, from Alex's review, it is that a North American design is too wide for Europe generally.
p
I am truly astonished that Toyota exported the Sienna to Switzerland. I read the new one will be exported to South Korea...I wonder if it will make to Europe.
Old 10-12-20, 02:48 AM
Benoit
Advanced

please, no need for that level of judgment just because it makes no sense to you. and i don't know what you drive, but i'm sure there's something less polluting unless you drive an EV.
Yes, sorry for that. But let's agree that a car that is not destined to be a farm/utility vehicule to tow 3 tons, that is not designed to beeing moved on a circuit, that is not designed for streetracing, that is not designed for doing the fastest quarter mile on the drag strip... has no real need for a bigger V engine. I don't know lots of wives and childrens, that would not complain if the driver would start to time attack during acceleration. The hybrid system has not only shown good fuel economy that can be transposed in reality, but also a good reliability, with less stress for the transmission, the brakings system and the engine's life expectency.
At this point, it's near of a no brainer.
And in regard to the actual challenges the world is facing, having a car park that will drink less will save human lives by the thousands (4 mio deaths by car pollution alone, and Dieselgate's few deciliters more over five years ended up killing an estimated 25'000 peoples only in the EU).
Old 10-12-20, 07:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Yes, sorry for that. But let's agree that a car that is not destined to be a farm/utility vehicule to tow 3 tons, that is not designed to beeing moved on a circuit, that is not designed for streetracing, that is not designed for doing the fastest quarter mile on the drag strip... has no real need for a bigger V engine. I don't know lots of wives and childrens, that would not complain if the driver would start to time attack during acceleration. The hybrid system has not only shown good fuel economy that can be transposed in reality, but also a good reliability, with less stress for the transmission, the brakings system and the engine's life expectency.
At this point, it's near of a no brainer.
And in regard to the actual challenges the world is facing, having a car park that will drink less will save human lives by the thousands (4 mio deaths by car pollution alone, and Dieselgate's few deciliters more over five years ended up killing an estimated 25'000 peoples only in the EU).
As someone who is a minivan owner, its not about performance, its about drivability. A minivan is a very heavy vehicle, when its loaded down with people and stuff its a 6,000 lb vehicle. What you want is the power for it to feel confidence inspiring and not labored when you are driving it in that scenario. When its just one person in it, Im sure its fine. But put me and my wife and my 2 kids and my mom and all our stuff for a weeks vacation in the back and on the roof, and thats a different story. My Pacifica with 290HP feels labored at times, I don't see how this wouldn't.

Nobody is saying that they are going to do 1/4 mile runs and "time attacks" in a minivan, but when I merge onto a 80MPH highway full of trucks in a fully loaded minivan, I don't want to be afraid I won't be able to do that.

The issue is NOT a hybrid powertrain, its THIS hybrid powertrain.

Quick Reply: 2021 Venza and Sienna