Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Venza and Sienna

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-20 | 09:00 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I really enjoyed this video. Very informative. Can't wait for Part 2.
Old 10-12-20 | 09:17 AM
rogerh00
Racer

I hate this two car thread. Moderators can't we split it up? I'm interested in the Venza not a mini van.
Old 10-12-20 | 11:12 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I hate this two car thread. Moderators can't we split it up? I'm interested in the Venza not a mini van.
Anybody who says there's not an anti-Minivan bias in America just read the above post lol
Old 10-12-20 | 11:28 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Anybody who says there's not an anti-Minivan bias in America just read the above post lol
Haha that reminds me of a client of mine that recently had two children, and I told her it was time to move on from her Corolla and get a Sienna. Screw the stigma and just enjoy the comfort already.

She said NO WAY IN HELL. It took me about 2 years, but I got her to get into one.

Now, you couldn't pry her Sienna from her cold, dead hands. She absolutely loves it and reminds me every time I see her.

They really are great at what they do. (With the V6)
Old 10-12-20 | 11:34 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah ours have been the perfect family vehicle for our stage in life. I really resisted getting a third one this time, but my wife insisted and she was right. Nothing hauls people and stuff like a minivan.
Old 10-12-20 | 11:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

You can generally thank the auto press for much of the minivan-stigma in the U.S. (and I agree that the stigma is nonsense). Years ago, auto journalists and auto-writers started foistering the idea that, somehow, minivans were feminine, not fit for males to drive, and took away from one's manhood. Never mind the fact that they are, in many ways, simply among the best vehicles on the market for larger families.

I get irked when I read such nonsense...just like I do about the nonsense that Buicks are just for old people, sports-car drivers are added insurance-risks, Volvos are only for bespectacled schoolteachers, Harley bikes are only for gang-members and hooligans, etc.....
Old 10-12-20 | 11:46 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Haha that reminds me of a client of mine that recently had two children, and I told her it was time to move on from her Corolla and get a Sienna. Screw the stigma and just enjoy the comfort already.

She said NO WAY IN HELL. It took me about 2 years, but I got her to get into one.

Now, you couldn't pry her Sienna from her cold, dead hands. She absolutely loves it and reminds me every time I see her.

They really are great at what they do. (With the V6)
My brother has a sienna, on their second one now. First was a 04 and the latest is a 15, they are the best IMO. The Sienna is the reason why the Highlander is ever so slightly smaller than the Highlander. I think the hybrid set up is the right way forward, I am sure a plug in version is coming for those who want a little more power.
Old 10-12-20 | 11:53 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
You can generally thank the auto press for much of the minivan-stigma in the U.S. (and I agree that the stigma is nonsense). Years ago, auto journalists and auto-writers started foistering the idea that, somehow, minivans were feminine, not fit for males to drive, and took away from one's manhood. Never mind the fact that they are, in many ways, simply among the best vehicles on the market for larger families.

I get irked when I read such nonsense...just like I do about the nonsense that Buicks are just for old people, sports-car drivers are added insurance-risks, Volvos are only for bespectacled schoolteachers, Harley bikes are only for gang-members and hooligans, etc.....
I don't think the auto press has anything to do with it. I understand the stigma, I don't "like" minivans, but for us and in this stage of our family's life its a tool which provides functionality that outweighs style. I think SUVs & crossovers are a lot more appealing as a vehicle than a minivan. I would never buy a minivan without having kids, but I have bought several SUVs in my life.

As for them being feminine, its true that by and large the wife drives the family vehicle on a regular basis. When I look around on the road, most of the 3 row crossovers I see and most minivans are driven by women.

It all depends on what you want out of a vehicle. I am willing to sacrifice some practicality for a vehicle that I'm emotionally attached to and that I enjoy having. Not everybody is.
Old 10-12-20 | 12:16 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I don't think the auto press has anything to do with it.
You're looking at it from today's perspective. I was referring to how the stigma got started. Yes, it very much DID start with the auto press....generally in the enthusiast magazines.

Old 10-12-20 | 12:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

with over 300 posts in this thread, i doubt our volunteer moderator group will take the time to figure out which post would go in which thread.

i think you can just skip over the hated minivan posts.
Old 10-12-20 | 12:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Did you see my full-review of the 2021 Venza? Here....enjoy.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...a-venza-2.html
Old 10-12-20 | 01:00 PM
rogerh00
Racer

with over 300 posts in this thread, i doubt our volunteer moderator group will take the time to figure out which post would go in which thread.

i think you can just skip over the hated minivan posts.
Ok I can understand that, I think the thread should be closed then. I just unsubscribed to this thread to stop the emails.
Old 10-12-20 | 01:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I suppose we get what we pay for, huh? LOL
Old 10-12-20 | 01:06 PM
rogerh00
Racer

I'm not anti mini van, I just don't need one now or probably ever. A close friend has one that I ride in quite often. Wonderful choice for his needs. I'm glad you love yours.
Old 10-12-20 | 01:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not anti mini van, I just don't need one now or probably ever. A close friend has one that I ride in quite often. Wonderful choice for his needs. I'm glad you love yours.
Its in the tone of your post. Referring to the Venza by its name and the Sienna as "a mini van".

I don't love mine at all, its an excellent tool.

Quick Reply: 2021 Venza and Sienna