Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I wanted to say that Lexus is doing a good job so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-03, 08:22 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wanted to say that Lexus is doing a good job so far

1. 2004 - LS430 - Updated & Refreshed - Finally a Sports Package Option with beautiful 18" rims and sports suspension. Interesting how this car looks so much better now for some reason. Finally an aggressive looking flagship sedan.

2. 2004 - RX330 (New Generation) - Finally some sportiness & more power to this most practical car/truck. The styling and new features are great and you not only want this vehicle, you desire it! Lexus even gives you a Performance Package option!

3. 2004 - LX470 - Eventhough little or no changes, this is still one of the best looking and impressive flagship SUV's in any brand's line up. I know the V8 in this truck is great, but in these HP wars, it's time to get at least 300 HP output.

4. 2004 - GX470 - Eventhough little or no changes, it's still a beautiful truck with a great V8. It also fills that spot for buyers that want something more than an RX330, but not quite the huge LX470. Another niche covered by Lexus.

5. 2004 - ES330 - Finally my baby LS has more power! Pretty much looks like the same like last year, but with more power and some new luxury features, this is still one of the best entry level luxury sedans you can get. The luxury you get in this ES is incredible for an entry level luxury sedan

6. 2004 - IS300 - Still a great buy and I like how Lexus gives the L-Tuned options to their buyers as a factory option (not only aftermarket). This is long overdue since the IS HAS to be a true sports sedan (it's marketed that way!) At least Lexus is trying to appeal to younger buyers, that want more sportiness, yet still want the brand name. The IS just need more power and will probably get it next year with the new 3.3 liter engine now offerred in the other Lexus vehicles.

6. 2004 - GS300 / GS430 - No changes and I know it's long overdue for a revamp (which will come next year), however it's still is one of the best vehicles in terms of reliability. It's outdated, I have to admit and if Lexus is headed in the right direction, they will have to offer a TRUE sports package option. I can't wait to see the next generation GS (350+HP, AWD)?

7. 2004 - SC430 - Need I say more about this beautiful convertible / coupe? Someone please either donate money to me so I can buy it or give me a SC330 (lower cost version if ever going to make it), so I can get one! I love this car (by the way Lexus, please put some more aggressive rims on this vehicle!)

OK! Thank you again for listening to my ranting and raving. As you can see the future direction of Lexus looks very promising. I do look forward to the day when the Lexus is fully involved in the HP wars and offers a 400+HP production vehicle as well as AWD sedans! I just wanted to convey to Lexus that all is so far so good.

(By the way, this is also coming from a Lexus/BMW owner that still believes the BMW 3 & 5 series are the best sedans out there and those are the vehicles to be beat).

Last edited by lexguynj; 09-06-03 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-07-03, 07:54 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to add to keep up the great service over there at Lexus too.

This great service is another factor in which you will convince new buyers to join the Lexus ranks.

Sometime back my Lexus Dealership was offerring free massages while you wait for service done to your car. Now that is service!