Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Acura TLX

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-20, 05:04 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense
It's weird people hate the "Ipad Glued to the dash" look but praise Tesla and Polestar who use an actual tablet for their center console. Talk about glued on Ipad lol.
I like the look. A really good UI trumps buttons for me. Tesla and Polestar UIs are top notch so I'm sure its easy to minimize the limitations of a touchscreen interface. Also, less to clean in an interior
Old 08-26-20, 07:41 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Humm...and people whining about the TLX interior....check this A class...display(s) are nice but the rest is junk (IMO)

Old 08-26-20, 07:44 PM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
Humm...and people whining about the TLX interior....check this A class

Far better, cleaner than the TLX.

You're really comparing the TLX interior to a Mercedes?
Old 08-27-20, 10:33 AM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I like the look. A really good UI trumps buttons for me. Tesla and Polestar UIs are top notch so I'm sure its easy to minimize the limitations of a touchscreen interface. Also, less to clean in an interior
I will say those are great systems . The polstar looks great. The Tesla not so much lol.
Old 08-27-20, 10:35 AM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Humm...and people whining about the TLX interior....check this A class...display(s) are nice but the rest is junk (IMO)

The A class blows away the TLX interior. You posted a base car pic, lets see the reality of the interior. The AMG version will cost the same as a TLX Type S. You posted a Base Model A Class.

Old 08-27-20, 12:11 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are a fan of oldschool Xplode stuff then you certainly like new Mercedes interiors cause the first thing you see in it is Xplode vents. Whoever thought that was a good idea. Probably the same person who thinks tack on uncovered tabled for instruments is also a great idea too. Tack on tablets as well as Tesla approach will be something few generations down would be laughing at like we do at early digital dashes from fourty years ago.
Old 08-27-20, 04:49 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladi
If you are a fan of oldschool Xplode stuff then you certainly like new Mercedes interiors cause the first thing you see in it is Xplode vents. Whoever thought that was a good idea. Probably the same person who thinks tack on uncovered tabled for instruments is also a great idea too. Tack on tablets as well as Tesla approach will be something few generations down would be laughing at like we do at early digital dashes from fourty years ago.
Still looks better than Acura's buttons everywhere approach to dash design.
Old 08-28-20, 04:14 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense
The A class blows away the TLX interior. You posted a base car pic, lets see the reality of the interior. The AMG version will cost the same as a TLX Type S. You posted a Base Model A Class.
so a better steering wheel, ok got it.
Old 08-28-20, 04:25 PM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

You actually think a TLX interior is better than the Mercedes A class......or any class for that matter? Come on now. Even the base model interior looks better, cleaner.
Old 08-28-20, 04:36 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

I think the A class interior is better
Old 08-28-20, 05:54 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

How did everyone get to sit in a TLX to cross comparo it with an A-class already? I thought production had yet to start.
Old 08-29-20, 03:26 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by F1Driver
Still looks better than Acura's buttons everywhere approach to dash design.
A has almost as many buttons as Acura but you don't see them because your eyes are distracted by air vents. You made me count those buttons man.

Anyhow A class has 24 buttons on the center dash while TLX has 34 of which 4 are instead of a traditional shift lever, 4 are for AC temperature adjust compared to 2 A-class temp rockers, 6 are for seat ventilation compared to none in Mercedes. Touchpad on Mercedes has 11 buttons compared to Acura's 5 + volume rocker and skip track.

Here is a lot more flattening look of the interior that shows the depth. Pretty much the same effect how flat NX interior looks flat from the front and how sculpted it looks from the side.

Old 08-29-20, 08:34 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by JBison73
You actually think a TLX interior is better than the Mercedes A class......or any class for that matter? Come on now. Even the base model interior looks better, cleaner.
That A class interior looks cheap, A class and CLA interiors have been poor, their materials and build quality is very cheap and not on the level of C classes and TLX's above them.
Old 08-29-20, 07:03 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
That A class interior looks cheap, A class and CLA interiors have been poor, their materials and build quality is very cheap and not on the level of C classes and TLX's above them.
agreed. i think the tlx interior is really class-leading in its materials and ergonomics. the design is super classy, imo.
Old 08-29-20, 07:36 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyhow A class has 24 buttons on the center dash while TLX has 34 ...
That's ten too many.

Quick Reply: 2021 Acura TLX