Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 / 2022 Buick Envision

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-21, 07:18 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorsai
The Corsair didn't do much for me....it's got a lot of nice features, but the interior just doesn't look right. I do like the Cadillac XT4....but as I was configuring it, the price started going up REALLY fast. There's no telling where the new NX will end up price-wise, so maybe the XT4 will be competitive anyway. Good calls, thanks.
Don't count out the Caddy based on price. GM overprices and gives generous rebates and discounts.
Old 04-06-21, 07:46 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Don't count out the Caddy based on price. GM overprices and gives generous rebates and discounts.
You would think so....but in 2009 I had a CTS at the top of my list for a new car, and couldn't get ANY Cadillac dealer to budge on the price - I ended up with an Infiniti G37 that I was quite pleased with. Maybe they've gotten better over the years, who knows?
Old 04-06-21, 08:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Three-Row 2022 Buick Envision GX shown off for China

The all-new three-row Envision GX is due to be revealed very soon in China, perhaps at the Shanghai Auto Show if that show is not cancelled because of the pandemic.

Buick's line-up is starting to get confusing for lot of people, and I can see why, although I myself, of course, as a Buick fan, pretty much keep up with their products, at least in the American market. There is the regular Encore, which has been in production since 2013, which, in overseas markets, will be replaced with an all-new Encore on a platform that may or may not make it to the U.S. market. Then there is the Encore GX, which I myself have, which was all-new for 2020 (I have an early-production 2021), and will continue probably for several more years without a successor. Then there is the last-generation two-row Envision, introduced in 2016 (which, IMO was not impressive at all...I never liked it), replaced by an all-new two-row 2021 Envision successor this year. Now, we will (apparently) also have an all-new three-row Envision GX coming up. The large Enclave, which was three-row from the start, remains three-row with the present model, and will remain three-row with its upcoming 2022 successor.

Chevy versions of the next-Generation Encore will be sold as the Tracker (a classic name from the 1990s)....but, again, may or may not reach the U.S. market...that will be up to the GM marketers. The American-market Chevy Trax, which, like the first-generation Encore, has also been on sale for several years, will likely be dropped here next year....it has already been (effectively) replaced by the Trailblazer, the Chevy equivalent of the Encore GX.

Some of the images from the article wouldn't copy and paste.......click on the link itself to see them.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/03...aked-in-china/

Upcoming 2022 Buick Envision GX Leaked In China

• We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team. Make $60k-$80k per year doing what you love. We are also looking for an experienced forum moderator to join our team. See details here.

Sponsored Links

Earlier this year, GM Authority exclusively obtained the most revealing spy photos of the upcoming 2022 Buick Envision GX captured to date, which allowed us to appreciate more details about the actual appearance of the yet-unreleased three-row variant of the new Envision. Now, the next member of the Buick Envision utility family has completely leaked in China.

Once again, the Asian country’s authorities revealed the first totally exposed images of the 2022 Buick Envision GX, ahead of General Motors’ official debut, as well as the technical specifications that confirm what we anticipated in our previous reports on the next new product from the Tri-Shield brand.

Leaked images show that the upcoming 2022 Buick Envision GX shares its design with the “standard” second-generation Buick Envision, specifically its front-end styling. Several elements are identical to those of the regular model, including the hood and the shape of the headlights. However, we note that the Envision GX’s grille is larger, the horizontal bar connects to the headlights, and the bumper has a specific design that gives it a more massive appearance.

Viewed from the side, the three-row 2022 Envision GX adopts a larger rear door with a different shape, a third window between the C and D pillars, a straighter roofline and totally different rear trim. The vehicle measures 190.7 inches long, 74.1 inches wide, and 67.1 inches long, mounted on an extended 111.5-inch wheelbase.

Mechanically, the 2022 Buick Envision GX maintains the same powertrain as the two-row model, consisting of the well-known turbocharged 2.0L LSY I-4 engine that generates 237 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque, mated exclusively to GM’s nine-speed automatic transmission. Like the standard model, the Envision GX will be available with all-wheel drive.

The upcoming 2022 three-row Buick Envision GX will debut very soon in China, likely at the end of April during the upcoming Shanghai Auto Show. The new crossover is expected to be a “global” vehicle, meaning that it will be marketed in both the Chinese and North American markets. The model is based on a new variant of the E2 platform and is known internally at GM under project code E2YB.

Subscribe to GM Authority as we bring you the latest Buick Envision GX news, Buick Envision news, Buick news and ongoing GM news coverage.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-06-21 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-06-21, 08:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I wasn't aware of this earlier, but, apparently, GM had some plans to pull the old Envision out of the U.S. market if its request to waive the tariffs on Chinese-produced vehicles sold here was not granted. It was not granted, but GM changed its mind and still continues to sell Envisions here, simply absorbing the tariff and still keeping Envision prices reasonable. Apparently they sell enough of them to make enough profit to cover the costs of the tariff.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-06-21 at 09:32 PM.