Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

A 205 hp 4-cylinder will be in the AWD Camry and Avalon (no mention of Lexus ES)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-20 | 10:44 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
For many buyers, price is a huge factor. All those other things are great, but at the end of the day for a lot of people its how much the thing is going to cost per month and the Tuscon is going to be a lot cheaper.
Pricing is always a part of it. But like I said, lots of other factors as well. Consumer Reports says Rav4 historically is average for satisfaction. Sadly, Tucson is bottom of the barrel, all red with the worst possible rating year after year.

Hyundai actually dropped the 1.6t engine. Not sure if it was because of reliability issues or if it was lack of buyers willing to pay extra for it. It failed to move the model within the segment for the Hyundai brand.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 06-07-20 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-07-20 | 12:50 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Well my morning walk today yielded more shots

Nice ls460 and a cheesy corolla

This couple probably from Michigan and they felt obligated to still have a big 3 vehicle (Cadillac)

Then you have the rebellious cheapskate that bought 2 Mitsubishis. note they're parked front out as if to give the middle finger to neighbors.

Probably younger people moved in with 2 Kia's.

The Nissan contingent...

And finally to re-establish the toyota dominance... RAV4 and Camry...

Old 06-07-20 | 01:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Sadly, Tucson is bottom of the barrel, all red with the worst possible rating year after year.
not sure what years you're looking at. Funny, edmunds has consumers giving 2020 tucson 80% 5 star reviews.
https://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/tucs...sumer-reviews/

The new, pretty small Venue is apparently doing well too, overwhelmingly purchased by females.
Old 06-07-20 | 01:40 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Pricing is always a part of it. But like I said, lots of other factors as well.
For a lot of buyers, price is the most important factor.

The only reason to pay $43,000 for a Rav 4 is because you gotta have a Toyota and never even looked at the other options. Plenty of people out there like that though. As usual, as a Toyota fanboy you emphasize reliability, well the vast majority of cars are very reliable today, and thats only worth so much. I'm not going to pay a huge premium to buy a Toyota that isn't as nice as its competitors because someday maybe I might have to put whatever I bought in the shop and wouldn't have to had I gotten the Toyota.

Even as problematic as my Pacifica has been for example, I wouldn't trade it for a Sienna.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
What I find so interesting there is the number of people who own the same brand across both cars!

not sure what years you're looking at. Funny, edmunds has consumers giving 2020 tucson 80% 5 star reviews.
https://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/tucs...sumer-reviews/
Whatever years and data will support her position lol
Old 06-07-20 | 01:57 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

LOL at all of those pictures. All of those houses or condos looked identical, probably intentional.
Old 06-07-20 | 02:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
LOL at all of those pictures. All of those houses or condos looked identical, probably intentional.
Its called a subdivision
Old 06-07-20 | 02:09 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Its called a subdivision
Not here it's not.

A subdivision is what I live in, all kinds of different houses.

The only places like that here are identical like that are condos, and I wouldn't call condos a subdivision.
Old 06-07-20 | 02:13 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
Not here it's not.

A subdivision is what I live in, all kinds of different houses.

The only places like that here are identical like that are condos, and I wouldn't call condos a subdivision.
You didn't have one builder build an entire community at the same time then. The house I grew up in was built in 1959, and all the houses were basically identical (there were 3 or so different models), this is no different. Most tract home subdivisions are like this, builders don't come in and build a bunch of custom homes, they have a few models and thats it.
Old 06-07-20 | 02:20 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Nice ls460 and a cheesy corolla

This couple probably from Michigan and they felt obligated to still have a big 3 vehicle (Cadillac)

Then you have the rebellious cheapskate that bought 2 Mitsubishis. note they're parked front out as if to give the middle finger to neighbors.

Probably younger people moved in with 2 Kia's.

The Nissan contingent...

And finally to re-establish the toyota dominance... RAV4 and Camry...

No one uses the garage eh? The cars are all very clean though.
Old 06-07-20 | 02:22 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

You didn't have one builder build an entire community at the same time then. The house I grew up in was built in 1959, and all the houses were basically identical (there were 3 or so different models), this is no different. Most tract home subdivisions are like this, builders don't come in and build a bunch of custom homes, they have a few models and thats it.
Houses that are all the same in a "subdivision" I refer to as "cookie cutter." At least that's how everyone is here. There are cookie cutter houses but they're mostly very small 1 br houses. Nothing wrong with it but I wouldn't want to live where every house is the same. However south Florida has tonnnns of developments like that. And from what I know it's virtually impossible to get a home without an HOA there. I'll never be moving there, lol. HOAs are the devil.

It's different than what you describe here. Basically every subdivision I can think of directly near me or even all over my whole end of town is comprised of many different houses. The house I grew up in was one of the first built new in 1993 in my parents' neighborhood....it was one builder and all the houses are different, though around the same price range. There's not one other floorplan of my house in my neighborhood now, and it's large.
Old 06-07-20 | 02:28 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I'm in the housing business as you know, and I promise you no builder builds a subdivision made up of custom houses, unless that neighborhood is very high end. Unless you have been in every house in your neighborhood I promise you your floorpan exists even if it looks different from the outside.

Just because a builder may make houses look different on the outside, they doesn't mean they aren't the same house. Nobody builds 70 new homes and comes up with 70 unique designs, thats not economically feasible. There are 3-4 designs with different facades and elevations.
Old 06-07-20 | 03:09 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

I'm in the housing business as you know, and I promise you no builder builds a subdivision made up of custom houses, unless that neighborhood is very high end. Unless you have been in every house in your neighborhood I promise you your floorpan exists even if it looks different from the outside.

Just because a builder may make houses look different on the outside, they doesn't mean they aren't the same house. Nobody builds 70 new homes and comes up with 70 unique designs, thats not economically feasible. There are 3-4 designs with different facades and elevations.
I think it was mentioned the pictures were taken in a retirement community. It looks to be a nice well maintained community with the Florida look.
Old 06-07-20 | 03:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I think it was mentioned the pictures were taken in a retirement community. It looks to be a nice well maintained community with the Florida look.
Yup, definitely has the south Florida look!
Old 06-07-20 | 03:52 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Houses are not the same here. My neighborhood is high end but not "very" high end as in mansions I assume you mean.. Look around on Zillow zip code 37919 or 37934 at higher end neighborhoods, houses are not generally the same in subdivisions.

I know what every house looks like on the inside on my little street and adjacent culdesac (about 25 houses), or about 80% of them. None are the same. At all.

Now, I could show you plenty of neighborhoods with a million split levels for sure. That's the worst floorplan ever.
Old 06-07-20 | 03:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Whatever you say lol. It’s the same everywhere but Knoxville, got it.

Quick Reply: A 205 hp 4-cylinder will be in the AWD Camry and Avalon (no mention of Lexus ES)