Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Has Scotty Kilmer turned over a New Leaf?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-20 | 07:39 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Default Has Scotty Kilmer turned over a New Leaf?

Well, here's something quite unusual...and perhaps the first time I've ever seen or heard it. Scotty Kilmer is well-known for excessively loud vocals, one-liners, and arm-flailing in his automotive videos. Here, he explains Mazda'a new Skyactiv-X technology, which allows gasoline to be injected with compression-ignition like a diesel...and he does so in a calm, refined, and dignified manner. I actually found it nice to listen to.

I didn't add this to the thread on the Mazda 3's turbo because, technically, this video deals with a different subject....needing a new thread.

Old 06-07-20 | 08:58 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

I'll believe it when he sells off his Celica.
Old 06-07-20 | 09:13 PM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

He loves the Zupra supposedly, since Toyota sent one his way to test drive...but last year he called it a disgrace among other things.

Last edited by TRDRAV4; 06-07-20 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-07-20 | 09:43 PM
ronnieroo
Driver School Candidate

it's a BMW !!!
Old 06-07-20 | 10:05 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

This guy is not very knowledgeable i guess? I turned him off almost right away.

His Supra video popped up on my page. He was comparing it to the Z4 and said Supra had 1 turbocharger compared to the Z4’s 2 turbochargers thats why it has less power and also will be simpler/more reliable.

Only issue is both cars have 1 turbocharger and share same B58 engine just Z4 having updated version now going into Supra for 2021.
Old 06-08-20 | 12:16 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Scotty Kilmer is entertainment if you want to gain actual automotive knowledge go somewhere else. Unless clickbait is your thing then he's got you covered.
Old 06-08-20 | 06:52 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Motorola
I'll believe it when he sells off his Celica.
I owned one of those mid-90s Celicas myself. It was indeed an excellent car....though I don't keep and drive them to the age that Scotty does. I've felt, for years, that Toyota built many of their best products in the 90s.
Old 06-08-20 | 06:54 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRDRAV4
He loves the Zupra supposedly, since Toyota sent one his way to test drive...but last year he called it a disgrace among other things.

He made a video basically calling it a BMW.
Old 06-08-20 | 06:56 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
This guy is not very knowledgeable i guess? I turned him off almost right away.
Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Scotty Kilmer is entertainment if you want to gain actual automotive knowledge go somewhere else. Unless clickbait is your thing then he's got you covered.
Well, that was the whole purpose of me posting this video in the first place. It was one of the few he's ever done that one did not have to turn off because of excessive volume, arm-flailing, or run-on sentences. This one, you could actually listen to it calmly.
Old 06-08-20 | 03:13 PM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

Originally Posted by mmarshall
He made a video basically calling it a BMW.
Oh yeah, now that Snotty is getting press vehicles from Toyota (I'm sure he's on a lot of other manufacturers NO list), he isn't saying anything bad now that he has a new car in his intro to smoke the tires on and rev up your engines! He made some negative Supra videos last year, but who knows if Toyota gives a crap because the clicks speak for themselves, just like Doug Demuro even when he wasn't a fan of the GS F.
Old 06-09-20 | 06:04 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Smile

I actually found it nice to listen to.
MM: Didn't you get the memo? Apparently, Scotty is persona non grata on CL! Please cease and desist posting his videos.
Old 06-09-20 | 06:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wilson2000
MM: Didn't you get the memo? Apparently, Scotty is persona non grata on CL! Please cease and desist posting his videos.
Very few of his videos are worth posting. This was a rare exception.

And, no, I have not seen any memo.
Old 06-09-20 | 06:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Wilson2000
Wilson, please stop bring past issues into this and future threads about this topic.
Old 06-09-20 | 06:32 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Well, here's something quite unusual...and perhaps the first time I've ever seen or heard it. Scotty Kilmer is well-known for excessively loud vocals, one-liners, and arm-flailing in his automotive videos. Here, he explains Mazda'a new Skyactiv-X technology, which allows gasoline to be injected with compression-ignition like a diesel...and he does so in a calm, refined, and dignified manner. I actually found it nice to listen to.

I didn't add this to the thread on the Mazda 3's turbo because, technically, this video deals with a different subject....needing a new thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_7J3W97d20

It’s called cannabis....legal up in the great white north. The Arm flailing slows down and internet trolls are far more tolerable that they come off the ignore list for a while Yeah, he is subdued but he is not actually in the video. I Wonder why? I don’t mind him here and there, he can be entertaining sometimes.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 06-09-20 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-09-20 | 06:47 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
It’s called cannabis....legal up in the great white north. The Arm flailing slows down and internet trolls are far more tolerable that they come off the ignore list for a while Yeah, he is subdued but he is not actually in the video. I Wonder why? I don’t mind him here and there, he can be entertaining sometimes.

Are you staying he was under the influence of marijuana while making this video?

BTW, marijuana-use has been either legalized or decriminalized in a number of places in the U.S. and Canada. In my state, for instance, it's still illegal on the books, but our county's DA won't actively prosecute any local cases any more......it is considered an extremely low priority.

I might be wrong (I can't read minds), but I think he's seen enough complaints about his former speaking/video-style that he has simply decided to do something about it.

Quick Reply: Has Scotty Kilmer turned over a New Leaf?