Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What does everyone think of an Acura Integra GS-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-03, 12:07 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does everyone think of an Acura Integra GS-R

i'm plannning on selling the Lex and getting a GS-R integra. probly around a 96. Reason is because home is almost a 100miles round trip. the premium unleaded fuel and high gas prices are killing me. I also don't really need to impress anyone. So i'm getting this integra for myself because its pretty quick and saves on gas. i don't plan on modding it at all. maybe just lower it. oh and of course a HID retrofit because i drive in the dark A LOT
Old 09-08-03, 12:09 PM
LexFather

It is an awesome car, quite a high vevving car. Comfy, space with the hatchback, great handler for FWD and I am sure you are aware, mods galore. What is the fuel economy on it? I know it's a 4 cylinder pushing 170hp.

Old 09-08-03, 01:46 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

25/31 is great from what i'm getting right now. i'm getting 16-18 AND having to pump premium. but with the GS-R i think i can get awway with the cheap gas.
Old 09-08-03, 02:29 PM
altaf
Pole Position

I had a 4 door GS-R for 3 years - loved it! I sold that baby once I bought the GS4, but damn, I wish I kept it. The car was flawless - did the 15k and 30k maintenance, never a problem. Didn't even need new brake pads during that time! You will need to fill up with premium fuel though - its required. If you drive highway miles, you'll get 30+ mpg.
Old 09-08-03, 03:52 PM
MrIan
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome car! I would have bought a GSR if i didn't get the RSX. but yea i'm pretty sure it uses premium also. Maybe look into a celica gts?

but anyway, good luck with the buy! Keep us updated!
Old 09-08-03, 04:56 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

John speaking from experience the car is a great commuter. The problems that may haunt you are 1) High insurance rates and 2)the theft rate. I had one a fey years ago and I got rid of it because these things were being stolen like crazy. The parts are still very sought after
Old 09-08-03, 07:06 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

I had a 4door GSR for a couple of years. Modded that thing out to the max back when *hondas* were cool. Sold it before it got too played out. Decent car for the price, high resale value and very reliable as long as you keep it stock.

By the way, the GSR will take premium unleaded fuel only.

Last edited by MrJohnTan; 09-08-03 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-08-03, 08:01 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

kiss gas mileage goodbye when you have to step on it around every corner to get some little punk off your tail that thinks his accord is your new rear bumper.
Old 09-08-03, 08:02 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

thanks everyone. i went to the local used car dealer ship and they had this super super nice 2001 Acura 3.2CL 2 door. Man that car is NICE. it was marked for 19,900 but it has been on the lot for around 30 days so its down to 16,900. still out of my range. lol.

would you guys think its worth it for me to sell my first gen gs for an acura integ gs-r? reason why i asked is because i may save money on gas at each fill up because it uses less gas. But when ever you buy a car and change name at the DMV you have to pay tax on it. so i gotta pay 8% of what ever i buy the car for. so the integ will only save me money in the long run. IF i do get a gsr the first thing i will definetly do is put a hood lock and a good alarm system on it. Thanks again all.
Old 09-08-03, 08:04 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by onelasttry
kiss gas mileage goodbye when you have to step on it around every corner to get some little punk off your tail that thinks his accord is your new rear bumper.
its funny that you say this because when i'm in the lexus no one messes with me. but when i go out in my friend fixed up prelude EVERY single honda/acura trys to race him at EVERYlight and he gets cut off soo much its not even funny.
Old 09-08-03, 08:35 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Case in point.
Old 09-08-03, 09:47 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally posted by Jmai22
its funny that you say this because when i'm in the lexus no one messes with me. but when i go out in my friend fixed up prelude EVERY single honda/acura trys to race him at EVERYlight and he gets cut off soo much its not even funny.

hahaha. That is sooooo true!
Old 09-09-03, 09:52 PM
Drimweaver88
Pole Position

Default GSR

Hey Jmai, i got a 2000 GSR with 35k miles on it. its lowered and AEM intake and other stuff. PM me and lets talk about it.

Eric
Old 09-10-03, 09:36 AM
IS300TURBO
Driver

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
It is an awesome car, quite a high vevving car. Comfy, space with the hatchback, great handler for FWD and I am sure you are aware, mods galore. What is the fuel economy on it? I know it's a 4 cylinder pushing 170hp.
They can be made quick as well. I took mine to one of the first few SELOC meets and some couldnt believe it hehe

Great car though and it will last you for a pretty long time.
Old 09-11-03, 12:21 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my friend has a gs-r in REALLY great condition, especially cuz he only drives it maybe 3 times a month. it's kinda fixed up too. they're not bad at all.

Quick Reply: What does everyone think of an Acura Integra GS-R