Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I dumped the Pacifica... for another Pacifica...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-20, 08:16 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UDel
Of what you listed, I would get the Odyssey. It has the best room, fuel economy, really solid smooth V6 J series, people seem to really like them.

You only have two kids right? Are sedans totally out? If not I would check out a RLX or G80, you can get great deals on them and they are pretty roomy, especially the RLX which I have heard they are taking 11K off right off the bat now and it has a lot of rear leg room, more then anything in its class.
I would strike the word 'smooth' from your message - Honda has lower end knocking issues on the V6s. And they refuse to do anything about it.

Last edited by rosskoss; 07-11-20 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-11-20, 08:17 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Sprinter is truck chassis, they also make the Metris which is also truck chassis and the passenger versions are more suited towards taxi duty, not personal use. I own cargo versions of both for my business.
They should do luxury version like the aftermarket companies do.
Old 07-11-20, 08:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Have you considered leasing?

Probably get much more car for your $$$.

When I was shopping late last year - XC90 and RX350 were solid SUVs with high quality interior.
If you want more performance then I would look at Germans.

Unless you plan to keep this over 5years - I don’t see any benefits to buying it.
The Pacifica is a lease already. I lease all my cars. XC90 and RX are too small. We need 3 rows, and we need a usable third row. Whatever we get will also be a lease.

Originally Posted by tex2670
Just go get a Palisade or Telluride and bring it home in the driveway with a bow on it as a surprise. Sure, she'll be really mad at first, but once she sees how great a vehicle it is, she'll come around and tell you for years to come how you were right.
Thats a possibility!
Old 07-11-20, 08:19 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UDel

You only have two kids right? Are sedans totally out? If not I would check out a RLX or G80, you can get great deals on them and they are pretty roomy, especially the RLX which I have heard they are taking 11K off right off the bat now and it has a lot of rear leg room, more then anything in its class.
Don't want two sedans. We need a big family vehicle for trips, coming back from the beach the Pacifica was loaded to where you couldn't even see out the back. We also need three rows for taking my mother with us and family with us when we're in WV, etc.
Old 07-11-20, 08:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,568 Posts

'21 looks awesome!

Old 07-11-20, 08:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

If I got another Pacifica I would want the 2021, I'd want AWD.

BUT, knowing Chrysler I would also worry about the new AWD system and the new infotainment in the 2021.
Old 07-11-20, 08:42 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,275 Likes on 985 Posts

Hi Steve, so sad that such a nicely equipped vehicle has had so many visits to the shop. It would be taking a chance on another one, but it could be a different experience. Have you looked at Acura MDX? (I didn't read all the posts) It's frustrating when there's nothing else to fit the bill. Too bad Mercedes doesn't do a minivan like they did in the 2000s. Hope that you find joy in the process and the next best thing.
Old 07-11-20, 08:53 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Just go get a Palisade or Telluride and bring it home in the driveway with a bow on it as a surprise. Sure, she'll be really mad at first, but once she sees how great a vehicle it is, she'll come around and tell you for years to come how you were right.
if my spouse brought home a palisade or telluride, i'd be mad as hell and i wouldn't get over it. the vehicle would be gone within a few days.

that said, his wife doesn't care about cars at all, so yeah, i mean, give that a try.
Old 07-11-20, 08:55 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Mine are actually minor, people have had their sliding doors fall off, vans stall in the middle of the street, transmission failures...plus all the problems I've had.
Holy smokes. Shocking stuff like this still happens in 2020. Just wow.

Any penalties for trading in your lease early? Timing sucks, but the new minivan options coming in a few short months outweighs the current options in my opinion. Personally would "suffer" the 3-4 months and wait it out.
Old 07-11-20, 09:06 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by swfla
Hi Steve, so sad that such a nicely equipped vehicle has had so many visits to the shop. It would be taking a chance on another one, but it could be a different experience. Have you looked at Acura MDX? (I didn't read all the posts) It's frustrating when there's nothing else to fit the bill. Too bad Mercedes doesn't do a minivan like they did in the 2000s. Hope that you find joy in the process and the next best thing.
I've looked at the MDX, too small. Lets put it this way, in a Palisade vs the Pacifica we would have had problems getting all the crap we loaded to come home yesterday to fit. Do we need all that crap? No. But, its not my decision to bring it lets put it that way lol

Originally Posted by GFerg
Holy smokes. Shocking stuff like this still happens in 2020. Just wow.
Yeah!

Any penalties for trading in your lease early? Timing sucks, but the new minivan options coming in a few short months outweighs the current options in my opinion. Personally would "suffer" the 3-4 months and wait it out.
No, its up in November I should be able to trade out, Yeah...I may. It has to go in next week and have the mess of **** thats wrong with it now fixed in the very least.
Old 07-11-20, 09:07 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
'21 looks awesome!

https://youtu.be/cqcqzuAW8mQ
Wow I really like the ‘21 Pacifica, especially the high end version. The new dash looks really good.

SW - I know the whole fool me once...but I would be inclined to give it another shot with the new Pacifica. I’ve gotten lucky that I’ve never owned a lemon and if I were in your shoes I would be hesitant too but the ‘21 looks so good (for a minivan) and has really good tech compared to the others.
Old 07-11-20, 09:08 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by patgilm
SW - I know the whole fool me once...but I would be inclined to give it another shot with the new Pacifica. I’ve gotten lucky that I’ve never owned a lemon and if I were in your shoes I would be hesitant too but the ‘21 looks so good (for a minivan) and has really good tech compared to the others.
Thats what we did with the Jeep. Our 2011 Grand Cherokee was as big a mess as the Pacifica, almost. We got the 2014 and it was great.

We'll see. I'm going to go look at some stuff today and hopefully bring a couple things home and see what she thinks of them. I'm less angry about it today than I was yesterday...
Old 07-11-20, 09:12 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
if my spouse brought home a palisade or telluride, i'd be mad as hell and i wouldn't get over it. the vehicle would be gone within a few days.

that said, his wife doesn't care about cars at all, so yeah, i mean, give that a try.
I was just kidding -- unless it's a move that would actually work in @SW17LS 's household. I could never get away with that move. And I'd be equally mad if my wife surprised me with a car.
Old 07-11-20, 09:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah I would never do that lol. I'd have to live in that Palisade.
Old 07-11-20, 09:31 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
They should do luxury version like the aftermarket companies do.

There are custom coach conversions, but they arent geared for family use.

Quick Reply: I dumped the Pacifica... for another Pacifica...