Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-20, 12:46 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Thanks, Jill. You get the Post-of-the-Thread Award.

IMO, Ford themselves should have released actual pictures long ago. But also thanks to Autoblog for making what we have possible.

Looks great. ....exactly how something with the Bronco (Sport) name, even as a crossover, should be styled. We'll have to assume that the larger BOF Bronco will look similar.
Again, I'm assuming Ford didn't release these pix because it's not the final design. Maybe not--but if this vehicle IS going to be called the "Maverick", then clearly there's more tinkering to be done. Ford's not going to release pix with the wrong name on the vehicle. But even if it is "Bronco Sport", again, I'm assuming there may be design changes that make Ford not want to release pix yet.
Old 03-09-20, 01:30 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Baby Bronco pics leaked

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/09/baby-bronco-leaked/

Old 03-09-20, 02:00 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

A few changes, but overall accurate to what was shown last year

Old 03-09-20, 02:16 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
A few changes, but overall accurate to what was shown last year

Were those official Ford pictures, Hoovey? There's been so many imitations, guesses, and conjectures that it was really hard to keep track or remember them all.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-09-20 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-09-20, 02:20 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Were those official Ford pictures, Hoovey? There's been so many imitations, guesses, and conjectures that it was really had to keep track or remember them all.
Yes this was a presentation at a Ford dealers meeting (probably in Vegas)

Old 03-09-20, 02:25 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
Again, I'm assuming Ford didn't release these pix because it's not the final design.
Perhaps not, but I don't think Autoblog would have published them if they didn't have a pretty credible source.

Maybe not--but if this vehicle IS going to be called the "Maverick", then clearly there's more tinkering to be done. Ford's not going to release pix with the wrong name on the vehicle. But even if it is "Bronco Sport", again, I'm assuming there may be design changes that make Ford not want to release pix yet.
Obviously, the name "Maverick" is not on the shots Jill or Hoovey posted. It's not out of the question, of course (and auto marketers can sometimes be quite unpredictable), but I'll be surprised if Ford actually uses it. There are more reasons not to use that name, as it was the name of a popular 1970s compact car. Of course, Mitsubishi brought back the Eclipse name for one of their new small crossover SUVs, so we'll see.
Old 03-09-20, 03:19 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Again, I'm assuming Ford didn't release these pix because it's not the final design. Maybe not--but if this vehicle IS going to be called the "Maverick", then clearly there's more tinkering to be done. Ford's not going to release pix with the wrong name on the vehicle. But even if it is "Bronco Sport", again, I'm assuming there may be design changes that make Ford not want to release pix yet.
Not at all. Bronco Sport final design was approved 2 years ago and frozen a few months afterward. Production begins in August.
Old 03-09-20, 03:20 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Yes this was a presentation at a Ford dealers meeting (probably in Vegas)

October 2018 dealer conference. Minor details in plastic or trim pieces changed, which I already mentioned 1 year ago.
Old 03-09-20, 03:23 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Carmaker1
October 2018 dealer conference. Minor details in plastic or trim pieces changed, which I already mentioned 1 year ago.
as usual with the good background info for us casual folks
Old 03-09-20, 03:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Car and Driver just released a shot this afternoon, a couple of hours ago, of the larger Bronco full-photo. Like Autoblog, I don't think they would use a questionable source.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...-photo-leaked/

2021 Ford Bronco Is Finally Fully Viewable

Leaked on Instagram, we see the new Bronco in its full form, sans camo.

By Maxwell B. Mortimer
MAR 9, 2020

The Raptor Connection via Instagram
  • The 2021 Ford Bronco, hotly anticipated for months if not years, is finally visible.
  • That's not Ford's doing. The Raptor Connection leaked a full photo of a Bronco Sport on Instagram.
  • The Bronco is to be officially revealed later in March and is expected to go on sale in early 2021.
We've been seeing renderings, camo'd-up test vehicles, and mules of the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco for months now. However, following the leaked images of a production-ready 2021 Bronco Sport released this morning, we finally have our first real look at the Bronco before its official reveal later this month.
The Bronco looks extremely similar to our renderings, featuring the same boxy, squared-off proportions and even more stretch to its fenders. The Bronco will also retain the circular LED running lights from the rendering with led strips also flanking the Bronco nameplate in the grille. Wide fender flares, off-road tires, Ford's beadlock-capable wheels, and a beefy front bumper indicate to us that this is likely a similar trim to that of the Wrangler Rubicon, the name of which we're unsure, but perhaps it would wear a Tremor badge. One other interesting point is the swinging rear tailgate. Pictured without the spare wheel and tire mounted, it appears there is still a hole for one, so fear not.
Well, Look at This

Here's the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Two-Door Bronco Spied Mobbin' in the Snow

2021 Ford Bronco: Get the Inside StoryWe expect the base engine to be a turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder, with the twin-turbo 2.7-liter V-6 as a strong upgrade for those seeking more power. However, that's not to say that Ford won't offer a larger, more powerful engine for it in the future *cough* Bronco Raptor. Expect to see a variety of flavors of Bronco when it goes public, from mild plastic-clad mall cruisers to wild dune-crushing monsters.

The Bronco will officially reveal within the month and hit dealers in early 2021 with a starting price around $30,000. Seeing the new Bronco in its entirety has been a relief. The styling and the off-road intent have survived a major evolution, according to this image, and we're looking forward to getting behind the wheel.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-09-20 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-09-20, 03:39 PM
Hoovey689

Both these look great
Old 03-09-20, 04:21 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

I think it looks good. Better than expected.
Old 03-09-20, 04:55 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

I think they look really boring and not aerodynamic.
Old 03-09-20, 05:42 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I think they look really boring and not aerodynamic.

That's the whole idea. They actually look like Broncos. Those who want something more aerodynamic can walk down to the other end of the showroom and look at an Edge, Explorer, or Escape.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-09-20 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-09-20, 06:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Yes, i'm sure that's the idea... appeal to nostalgia, when cars looked like bricks on wheels.

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport