Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-21, 09:10 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 508 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
agree with that, but for it to be considered a defender interior for 20k less is ludicrous. the defender interior may be 'utilitarian' (not slathered in leather, wood and alcantera) but it's hardly cheap. i think it looks incredible. this bronco? looks dirt cheap, but that's what ford does these days since they're almost bankrupt.
Throwing h8t at a icon are we......Its no Lexus, as it wasn't designed to be, same as the JL....Really the only thing missing is a front stick axle, but then Ford took that into account w/ their version of a ifs....Would be great if Toyota came out w/ a redo of their FJ...IDK why you'd say Ford is almost bankrupt for. Ford upgraded their 6.7 'stroke for '20 as well as its the only reverse flow head design out there. They also have a new 7.3 Godzilla gas motor as well.....Great products for the working class ppl, same as GM & FCA.....Great that Toyota is upgrading their Tundra.
Old 03-29-21, 07:17 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix
Would be great if Toyota came out w/ a redo of their FJ...
It will be interesting to see if the upcoming Bronco (and the new Jeep Wrangler packages) will nudge Toyota a little more in that direction.
Old 03-29-21, 08:49 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Using the "Sport" moniker is a fairly common marketing-theme automakers to depict a smaller and/or less-sophisticated brother or companion to a larger SUV or crossover.
Maybe “Spartan” would be more befitting than “Sport”
thanks for the response.
Old 03-29-21, 12:03 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sharing this crappy video I grabbed when I saw this Bronco on the road March 8th.

Old 03-29-21, 12:19 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleL
Sharing this crappy video I grabbed when I saw this Bronco on the road March 8th.

https://youtu.be/koRC1erX0d8
That's a Bronco Sport. On sale now. https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco-sport/
Old 03-29-21, 02:55 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Originally Posted by tex2670
That's a Bronco Sport. On sale now. https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco-sport/
Ah Thank you! I wasn't sure but knew it was new. (so to speak.)
Old 03-29-21, 03:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Ah Thank you! I wasn't sure but knew it was new. (so to speak.)
I see your Rhode Island address, and from the video itself, that you were just off I-95 and Rtes. 37 and 2, not far from Cranston and Providence. If you actually want to go look at a Bronco Sport (whenever they have one in stock), the closest Ford dealership is right there, in Cranston......Tasca Ford.

https://www.tascafordri.com/?fmccmp=t1-fd

I looked at a couple of Bronco Sports myself a few weeks ago, but did not do a test-drive because they were inside the building, and it would have been too difficult. But I plan to do at least some kind of write-up.
Old 03-29-21, 06:03 PM
Felix
Pole Position

I see your Rhode Island address, and from the video itself, that you were just off I-95 and Rtes. 37 and 2, not far from Cranston and Providence. If you actually want to go look at a Bronco Sport (whenever they have one in stock), the closest Ford dealership is right there, in Cranston......Tasca Ford.

I looked at a couple of Bronco Sports myself a few weeks ago, but did not do a test-drive because they were inside the building, and it would have been too difficult. But I plan to do at least some kind of write-up.
Oh, Tasca Ford........very Iconic dealer in the '60's-'70's......
Old 03-30-21, 09:27 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Thanks MM! I was down in that area and yes know Tasca quite well, good recommendation. Although not in the market for that I do get excited when I see something new on the road.

Oh, Tasca Ford........very Iconic dealer in the '60's-'70's......
Still are I'd say. And still into Ford racing I believe.
Old 03-30-21, 01:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Part of it has to do with (Ford) washing their hands from slow selling sedans. Moving that money into crossovers was the right thing to do.
exactly. they had to pick their battles and sedans were either break even or losers in almost every case.

IDK why you'd say Ford is almost bankrupt for.
because of their debt to equity
gm: 1.5
toyota: 1.6
tesla: 0.4
ford: 8

if interest rates go up ford will be in a WORLD of trouble as its borrowing costs will skyrocket.
Old 04-01-21, 06:47 AM
Felix
Pole Position

https://youtu.be/koRC1erX0d8
One quick look at the rear shows no spare tire/wheel assembly hanging off the rear......
Old 04-01-21, 06:55 AM
Felix
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
exactly. they had to pick their battles and sedans were either break even or losers in almost every case.

because of their debt to equity
gm: 1.5
toyota: 1.6
tesla: 0.4
ford: 8

if interest rates go up ford will be in a WORLD of trouble as its borrowing costs will skyrocket.
All thanx to covid 19......Have a look at new products say vs Toyota......
Old 05-06-21, 12:03 PM
Hoovey689

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts
Default 2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door and 4-Door pre-wired upfitter switches detailed

You get two more auxiliary switches than Wrangler owners do

Ford knows owners of the Bronco 2-Door and 4-Door are going to customize their rigs. Some will likely start modifying the second they touch the keys. Others will keep it stock, but there’s a good chance that a future owner may want to add accessories anyway. This expectation for mods is why Ford is detailing its system for pre-wired upfitter switches today.

Every Bronco is available with up to six overhead pre-wired upfitter switches. These are standard on Black Diamond, Wildtrak, Badlands and First Edition trims. However, you’ll have to pay $195 to have them equipped to a Base or Outer Banks — a small price to pay for a possibly huge convenience down the road.

Why are they convenient? Ford has pre-wired all of these switches to make adding accessories as close to a plug-and-play operation as possible. There’s a terminal connection up front for a bumper light bar. One wire goes to the A-pillar/roof area for overhead light bars or spotlights. Another goes to the rear cargo area for any power to accessories you could want back there. And there’s a glovebox connection point, too, in case that’s what you’re needing (for a dash camera, perhaps). Ford says the upfitter system has one 30-amp, one 15-amp and four 10-amp fused circuits. The idea with these pre-wired hookups is that you don’t need to drill holes through the firewall to get wires through. Everything is also wired up safely and professionally by Ford, not by you in your garage, as much fun as that seems.

Compared to the Jeep Wrangler, Ford offers two additional upfitter switches. Jeep owners only have four to choose from. No surprises here — of course Ford had to one-up Jeep. Just like the Bronco, Jeep pre-wires these switches to common use places throughout the vehicle.
Source
Old 05-11-21, 03:17 PM
Hoovey689

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Specs found on bronco6g.com

Base 2.3L 300hp and 325lb-ft
Optional 2.7L 330hp and 415lb-ft

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threa...h-specs.16411/
Old 05-11-21, 08:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,635 Posts

All thanx to covid 19......Have a look at new products say vs Toyota......
not sure i get your point about ford vs. toyota?

ford is in the fight for its life but it's VERY impressive that it's come out with a) the highly praised Mach-E, b) the highly praised bronco and bronco sport, and c) although not a truck guy i'm excited about the lightning. go ford!

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport