Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-21, 07:39 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Bronco online parts catalog (198 items)

https://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/bronco/2021.html
Old 05-13-21, 10:51 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
ford is in the fight for its life but it's VERY impressive that it's come out with a) the highly praised Mach-E, b) the highly praised bronco and bronco sport, and c) although not a truck guy i'm excited about the lightning. go ford!
Good that you yourself are coming around to this point of view. In the past, you and some other posters have criticized me for (supposedly) over-praising the Bronco and Bronco Sport, especially in comparison to what GM did with the Blazer.

Also, keep in mind (although you are probably already aware of this, so it may go without saying) that the Bronco is a real truck-based/BOF/off-roader, whereas the Bronco Sport is a modified crossover from the Escape platform.
Old 05-15-21, 07:06 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well if anyone has a hard time finding a Bronco Sport, maybe there are 2001 Escapes available LOL

Old 05-15-21, 10:21 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
Well if anyone has a hard time finding a Bronco Sport, maybe there are 2001 Escapes available LOL
Interesting that you would bring that up. It's not exactly an LOL....my next-door neighbor has an aging (and somewhat rusty) 1Gen Escape, and she is VERY interested in a new Bronco Sport. It's probably #1 on her potential-replacement list.
Old 06-16-21, 01:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Default Finally.....Production of 2021 Ford Bronco begins.

Big day in Ford history. Finally....after several years of waiting, anticipation, component-shortages, and a lot of potential owners being very paitient, production of the long-awaited Bronco has began at the Ford Michigan plant, and will be shipped to dealers. And, yes, with American UAW labor....none of this Chinese, Mexican or other non-union sources.

We will see, but, IMO, now that the Bronco is finally in production, GM will soon realize the mistake it made in not designing a true Bronco competitor when they introduced the Blazer a couple of years ago.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...uction-begins/

Production of the 2021 Ford Bronco Has Finally Begun

Shipments of the two- and four-door model will depart from Ford's Michigan assembly plant starting today.

BY BRIAN SILVESTRO
JUN 15, 2021

FORD

Ford confirmed Monday production of the 2021 Bronco has finally begun at its Michigan assembly plant. Both two- and four-door models will be shipped out to dealerships starting today, where Ford will begin to fulfill more than 125,000 Bronco orders placed by customers.

MORE ON THE BRONCO

The Ford Bronco Can Conquer Hell's Gate in Reverse

Ford Bronco Buyers Are in Love With Manuals

Ford Crashes Easter Jeep Safari With Five BroncosThe Bronco, which starts at just $29,995, has garnered over 190,000 reservations in North America so far. Ford says it's invested $750 million into the Wayne, Michigan plant's infrastructure and added 2700 jobs to ensure it can meet demand. Part of the improvements is a 1.3-million square-foot "Modification Center" that sits adjacent to the production facility. This part of the factory is dedicated to installing factory-backed Bronco modifications and upgrades, including safari bars, roof racks, graphics packages, and more.

“We know the fans have been waiting for the Bronco—and we’re so excited to bring it back,” Ford chief marketing officer Suzy Deering said in a statement. “And this Bronco is better than ever. We’re staying authentic to Bronco’s goes-over-any-terrain heritage and have leveraged the brand’s Built Wild innovative design, durability and advanced off-road capability to get the most out of every adventure in the wild.”
This content is imported from YouTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
Ford is planning to celebrate the beginning of Bronco production with "an immersive behind-the-scenes Bronco launch experience," which will be streamed lived
starting at 10 a.m. eastern. If you're one of the nearly 200,000 people who put a deposit down, it might be worth the watch.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-16-21 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-16-21, 06:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
We will see, but, IMO, now that the Bronco is finally in production, GM will soon realize the mistake it made in not designing a true Bronco competitor when they introduced the Blazer a couple of years ago.
Knew this was coming lol

They sold 94,000 Blazers last year, doubling their sales volume from 2019. Bear in mind, thats a common platform thats shared which will means the Blazer is very profitable. I think Chevy is doing fine.
Old 06-16-21, 06:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Knew this was coming
What's coming (finally) is Broncos.

Although he has limited personal-use of one of his company's F-150s, I think our condo-maintenance man is going to order a Bronco for himself as soon as he's got enough in the Piggy Bank.

The Blazer, so far, even with 94K sales, has not had to (yet) directly compete the Bronco face to face. We are talking about a vehicle with 250K orders and pre-orders before it even went into production.

Now, just to be realistic, though, the Bronco is still going to have to prove itself. Ford cannot afford another quality-disaster like it had with the Explorer/Aviator. If they blow the Bronco's introduction, it will affect them for years.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-16-21 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-16-21, 06:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

I just don't understand why any discussion of the Bronco has to include some dig about the Blazer. Chevy went a different direction, 3 years ago. Time to let it go.
Old 06-16-21, 07:01 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Oh good. Another complaint thread about the resurrection of the name “Blazer”. It’s been too long.
Old 06-16-21, 07:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I just don't understand why any discussion of the Bronco has to include some dig about the Blazer. Chevy went a different direction, 3 years ago.
Time to let it go.
Well, the market will ultimately decide that.....and, of course, we'll see. But I am confident that the Bronco will make some significant dents in the Blazer's sales. And, to be honest, it's probably not going to be among those who are young and/or in the market for their crossover SUVs....they will continue to buy crossovers. It's going to be mostly older people, like us Boomers, who clearly remember past Broncos and Blazers that were true off-roaders, that grab top the new Broncos.

Some might ask......"Well, Marshall, since you are a Boomer, why don't YOU grab one? Too big and bulky for my current driving needs. Probably will also ride a little stiff for my tastes. But many other people have no such restrictions.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-16-21 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-16-21, 07:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Oh good. Another complaint thread about the resurrection of the name “Blazer”. It’s been too long.

No. The thread-topic is the Bronco's introduction. I only mentioned the Blazer because I predict its sales will lower as a result. And, after all of the anti-Tesla threads, I agree we have had enough of brand-bashing.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-16-21 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-16-21, 07:04 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Bronco looks like it will be a big success Kudos to Ford fo bringing it back.
Old 06-16-21, 07:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Here's one of the things that is going to help sell Broncos.....an honest-to-goodness traditional three-pedal manual, although manuals probably aren't the best choice in my area because of the traffic.

Steve, since you are from WV, I think that's one of the places the Bronco is going to do really well, particularly with the stick....assuming that lower-income people in the state can actually afford one.
Old 06-17-21, 04:56 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
No. The thread-topic is the Bronco's introduction. I only mentioned the Blazer because I predict its sales will lower as a result. And, after all of the anti-Tesla threads, I agree we have had enough of brand-bashing.
We all know how you feel about the Blazer. There is no need at this point to infect every Bronco thread with Blazer bashing. The Bronco is a compelling discussion topic and a special vehicle; just keep it there. Seriously
Old 06-17-21, 05:32 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

We all know how you feel about the Blazer. There is no need at this point to infect every Bronco thread with Blazer bashing. The Bronco is a compelling discussion topic and a special vehicle; just keep it there. Seriously
There is room in the market for both the Blazer and Bronco. Both will be fine.

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport