Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-21, 05:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Well so did the covered wagon.....
Conestoga wagons were actually built, in Lancaster, PA, not very far from where you live.

Anyhow, back to topic, the Bronco's interior, now as back then, is not intended to be plush or something in the luxury-SUV class that would compete with, say, a Range Rover or Lexus GX/LX. I respectfully disagree somewhat with Bitkahuna that it is really an issue with this vehicle....just like some of you disagree with me that comparing it to GM's crossover Blazer is an issue.
Old 07-09-21, 04:41 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 309 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
really? that interior looks like walmart garbage compared to a jeep wrangler.
Except the Bronco Sport that was pictured doesn't in any way compete with the Wrangler. The competitive Jeep model would be the Compass, and this is what that interior looks like if you load it all the way up to $40k (starts at $24k):

Pretty comparable, IMO. I prefer the control layout of the Bronco Sport, but both appear to be of similar quality.
Old 07-09-21, 07:32 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
Except the Bronco Sport that was pictured doesn't in any way compete with the Wrangler. The competitive Jeep model would be the Compass, and this is what that interior looks like if you load it all the way up to $40k (starts at $24k):

Pretty comparable, IMO. I prefer the control layout of the Bronco Sport, but both appear to be of similar quality.
fair enough, the bronco sport compares to the equally crappy off-road wannabe cuv compass. compass apparently has only one trim level (trailhawk) that has (fwd-based) awd.
Old 07-09-21, 08:11 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Not relevant to any current buyers.
On that, I will at least partly disagree. A good part of the Bronco's hype and popularity is its retro-style styling and construction. It combines the looks and BOF construction of the past with the technology of today.
Old 07-09-21, 08:18 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Conestoga wagons were actually built, in Lancaster, PA, not very far from where you live.

Anyhow, back to topic, the Bronco's interior, now as back then, is not intended to be plush or something in the luxury-SUV class that would compete with, say, a Range Rover or Lexus GX/LX. I respectfully disagree somewhat with Bitkahuna that it is really an issue with this vehicle....just like some of you disagree with me that comparing it to GM's crossover Blazer is an issue.
An interior can be "not plush" without being "cheap" or spartan--it's all relative.
Old 07-09-21, 08:20 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

On that, I will at least partly disagree. A good part of the Bronco's hype and popularity is its retro-style styling and construction. It combines the looks and BOF construction of the past with the technology of today.
There's a difference between OLD (your pix) and RETRO (think current Minis with toggles instead of modern buttons).
Old 07-09-21, 08:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

An interior can be "not plush" without being "cheap" or spartan--it's all relative.

True...and the Land Rover Defender is a good example. Many of all our comments here are based on images......I won't be able to comment further on the Bronco's interior materials until I actually see and feel them. The smaller Bronco Sport's interior, though, which I have seen and felt, definitely falls short of plushness, but it was designed and intended to be that way.
Old 07-09-21, 08:25 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

There's a difference between OLD (your pix) and RETRO (think current Minis with toggles instead of modern buttons).
....and look at how well Minis sell. In my area, in particular (if I can say this without being overly-stereotypic) many older females absolutely LOVE them.
Old 07-09-21, 10:50 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

True...and the Land Rover Defender is a good example.
same thought came to mind.
Old 07-09-21, 07:47 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 508 Likes on 441 Posts

fair enough, the bronco sport compares to the equally crappy off-road wannabe cuv compass. compass apparently has only one trim level (trailhawk) that has (fwd-based) awd.
IDK why you wouldn't say it competes w/ the Cherokee trailhawk vs a Compass thats so far behind......Best to pass on the sport & step up to the Bronco w/ the Sasquatch package & be done...
Old 07-09-21, 07:49 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 508 Likes on 441 Posts

Bronco ftw
Old 07-10-21, 01:06 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Bronco controversy is brewing..... the dreaded front license plate.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41474/...se-plate-mount

Old 07-10-21, 02:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Bronco controversy is brewing..... the dreaded front license plate.

Even though in my state (Virginia) front and rear plates are mandatory, either the police and civil authorities aren't concerned about scofflaws or they are placing the enforcement of that law on a very low priority. Every day, I see literally dozens of Virginia-registered vehicles with rear-only plates and no front ones......most of the time, without even a front plate-becket, though the bracket is required by law on new vehicles sold here.

It is possible that some of those missing front-plates were stolen (as they were, along with the bracket and clear-plastic plate-cover on my old Buick Verano). But, I'd bet the monthly rent on probably the vast majority of those cases simply people saying "Screw-it, I'm not going to obey the law because I don't like the way the front plate looks on the car". Maybe 1 or 2% of the cases might be people moving into Virginia from other states that did not require a front-bracket, and they just haven't gotten one yet, or the dealer-parts-department was temporarily out of stock.
Old 07-10-21, 06:11 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

Here in Vegas there's plenty of cars driving around without a front OR rear plate.
Old 07-11-21, 07:44 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

so glad i live in a state that doesn't require ugly and useless front license plates.

that looks totally ridiculous on the bronco (which is ok because the bronco itself is so ugly but i digress ), but hopefully a third party solution will come to mount it lower.

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport