Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-21, 10:52 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
so glad i live in a state that doesn't require ugly and useless front license plates.

that looks totally ridiculous on the bronco (which is ok because the bronco itself is so ugly but i digress ), but hopefully a third party solution will come to mount it lower.

I understand (and I agree that front plates can sometimes look awkward), but laws are laws. We are not free to pick and choose which ones we will follow and which ones we won't. In fact, that's one reason why traffic-laws have become such a mess.....too many people on the roads are doing their own thing instead of law and order.

And there are reasons why some states require front plates. It makes it significantly easier for police and law-enforcement to identify and track down vehicles that are used in crime...assuming that the culprits don't steal or switch plates in an effort to disguise the vehicle. It also makes it easier for citizens and other motorists to report vehicles to police.

Anyhow, we may be getting a little off-topic. Back to the Bronco, according to Ford, deliveries should be starting by now. This vehicle is going to be quite a hit, and has a relatively long backlog of orders.
Old 08-07-21, 07:00 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Doug DeMuro finally reviews it. I get the distinct impression he was paid by Ford to gush over it.

i still think the interior is crap.

Old 08-07-21, 07:35 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Doug DeMuro finally reviews it. I get the distinct impression he was paid by Ford to gush over it.

Doug Demero, AlexonAutos, Redline Reviews…none of these guys are real journalists. They are You Tubers and that is that. Need to keep in mind that they need eyeballs to get paid, and Doug would never want to alienate the majority so he often “likes” new products. He liked the RAV4
Old 08-07-21, 08:33 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not sure Doug can be bribed that easily....it would be unethical to accept money from a vehicle-manufacturer, and, of course, sully his reputation. He gets enough hits from Youtube (and income from them) that he probably doesn't need any corporate money.

Having said that, I agree that I'm not very impressed with the way he did this video....too much of the old-style Scotty in it, with high-decibels, hand/arm-waving, and on-and-on speech. He did, however, accurately describe the vehicle.....like it or not, it is going to be a home-run in the sales department, it is well-designed for a get-dirty/off-road environment (somewhat like the former Toyota FJ Cruiser, which I just did a write-up on), and it emphasizes ruggedness and utility over comfort. The designers of a certain vehicle (which I will not name) which could have been a good Bronco competitor (and isn't) are probably kicking themselves in the a** as we speak.

i still think the interior is crap.
This is not a Land Rover or a Lexus LX. The interior is exactly in line with what it was intended to be......a Wrangler competitor.
Old 08-07-21, 08:35 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Doug Demero, AlexonAutos, Redline Reviews…none of these guys are real journalists.
As a reviewer, Alex is better than most of the real journalists.
Old 08-10-21, 11:33 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Looked at a bit bend the other day...totally underwhelming and not what I expected (smaller and cheap materials abound)....
Old 08-11-21, 08:26 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ST430
Looked at a bit bend the other day...totally underwhelming and not what I expected (smaller and cheap materials abound)....

Did you mean the Big Bend package?
Old 08-12-21, 07:22 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 420 Posts

You need to have a look at the sasquatch package......IDK why you'd think its underwhelming for? Look at the entended purpose & the ppl its geared toward........Yea, Ford could of tossed more $ at it, but its a mass produced vehicle that most ppl can purchase...... The Jeep JL/JLu is the bullseye for it........Sounds like its not your style of vehicle, as theres something for everyone, what ever that may be.....
Old 08-17-21, 09:46 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 2021 Ford Bronco Riptide concept

Ford is showcasing the breadth of its accessories catalog and the versatility of the new Bronco with a concept named Riptide. It gains a number of factory-backed modifications that turn it into a surfer-friendly beach-bound rig.

Painted in Velocity Blue, the Riptide started life as a four-door Bronco equipped with the Sasquatch package. It rides on 35-inch tires wrapped around the factory-style 17-inch wheels, but it features beadlock rings from the Ford Performance catalog. Ford also installed a mesh Bimini top from Bestop, and it replaced the standard doors with tubular units that let the air in. There's a Rigid LED light bar above the windshield and a Yakima bike rack out back.

While all of these add-ons are off-the-shelf components, the Riptide inaugurates two accessories that aren't available yet. One is a prototype steel front bumper fitted with fog lights and integrated tow hooks; it looks ready for production. The second is a simple attachment that lets users strap surf boards to the available sport bars.

Sitting on cloth or leather in a wet bathing suit can be disastrous, so Ford wrapped the seats with water-resistant, marine-grade vinyl upholstery. Rubber floor mats that can be washed with a hose help keep the cabin clean.

Power comes from a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 that develops 310 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque. Unmodified, it spins the four wheels via a 10-speed automatic transmission. Some of the best surf spots are hidden off the beaten path, and the Riptide helps surfers reach them with electronic driving aids like Trail One-Pedal Drive.

Nothing suggests Ford will offer buyers a factory-built surf-ready Bronco. However, most of the accessories used to build it are available through participating Ford dealers or from a number of aftermarket vendors; the Blue Oval notes buyers can even roll accessories into their financing. Plans to make the bumper and the crossbars available to the public haven't been announced, but we wouldn't be surprised to see them reach production sooner or later.
Source
Old 08-17-21, 08:18 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Bronco doesn’t really do it for me. I think it is a formidable effort for Ford and their fans though.
Old 08-17-21, 08:36 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 649 Likes on 404 Posts

A lot of this is option-specific and trim specific. Big Bend is the first level up from the base Bronco, and with few options it’s going to be a bit utilitarian. To get the nicer materials, leather and so on you do have to get a higher trim level and option it up with the one or more of the packages. Chances are the big bend you saw didn’t have Sasquatch either. I have an order in for a Wildtrack with the lux package. Only downside is with the production challenges it won’t get here for maybe a year. And it was reserved on launch…

Ford has been sending out goodies to customers with orders though.
Old 08-18-21, 07:20 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Bronco doesn’t really do it for me. I think it is a formidable effort for Ford and their fans though.
So you like the JKU/JLU over the Bronco, two great vehicles, as you really can't go wrong w/ either one......
Old 11-09-21, 09:41 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 2023 Ford Bronco Raptor revealed with minimal camouflage

A couple months ago, Ford finally confirmed what we had all assumed was coming: a Ford Bronco Raptor. Now, thanks to Bronco Nation, we get a real glimpse of the burly beast in thin camouflage instead of just some up-close teasers. A lot of it is expected, but there are some interesting surprise details.

Just like in the teasers, this Raptor prototype features unique amber LED daytime running lights. They should pair well with the additional small amber marker lights synonymous with the Raptor, but also required by federal law for particularly wide vehicles. The grille looks much more open than those on other Broncos, likely to feed the high-output turbocharged V6. And of course, it has bold "FORD" lettering in the middle like its big F-150 cousin.

Around the sides are far wider fender flares, which are there to house what Bronco Nation says are 37-inch tires. Interestingly, the wheel openings are no longer round, but rather angular, more like what you would find on a Jeep Wrangler. And at the back, the main changes are in the lights. The main taillights have a dark tint to them, and the third brake light is wider and contains the mandated rear running lights that mirror the fronts.

Ford has previously announced that the Bronco Raptor will go on sale in 2022. Bronco Nation says more specifically that it will arrive in the summer. So we would expect to see a full reveal in just a few months with far more specific details.
Source
Old 11-09-21, 10:07 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 649 Likes on 404 Posts

Had an invite from Ford to participate in a Bronco off-road event last month. We took the Broncos around a pretty decent off road course with instructors to guide you. Have to say - the Bronco is worthy of the praise it’s getting in the reviews. It’s an immensely capable vehicle. Wasn’t able to drive the exact spec I’ve ordered but I did get to drive a four door with the Sasquatch package. It has a lot of road presence, the engine is more than powerful enough, and the off road electronics are excellent. They had a cyber orange there, which is the color I ordered, and it looked fantastic. It’s a shame
the launch got botched a bit, but Ford really has been trying to keep order holders engaged, including the ability to attend one of their hard core customer off-road events at places like Moab.
Old 11-09-21, 02:12 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Bronco just doesn’t do it for me. Can’t stand the looks. The design. Or anything about it really..this looks awful to me. . Bronco Sport..that is a different story…such a nice little crossover. Love some of the colours on the sport.

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport