Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-19, 04:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
one day you'll all look back and wonder why we all were driving these jacked up ugly chitboxes called SUVs on smooth paved roads.
I obviously still drive a sedan, but there are plenty of reasons to want to drive a crossover or SUV on paved roads. High seating position, better viability, easier entry and exit, more adaptable seating and cargo capacity, more available AWD for all weather use, better ground clearance for avoiding parking curbs and driveway aprons, deep snow, rutted and gravel roads etc.

I have long debated leaving sedans for an SUV for all the reasons mentioned above and have never been able to do it, but suspect eventually I will.
Old 08-19-19, 05:18 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
LOL. Tell that to GM. They can't sell Blazers without incentives. That goes way beyond me, my friend.

Newsflash--GM hardly sells anything without incentives.

We'll see. You seem to be sticking your neck out with predictions, even more than me.
I feel pretty comfortable "predicting" that Ford isn't trying to bring back, replicate, or create nostalgia for the Bronco II. If you think that's sticking my neck out, then so be it.
Old 08-19-19, 05:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Newsflash--GM hardly sells anything without incentives.
I at least partially disagree. GM does have a fair number of incentives, but not usually on the latest models. Also, the mods have asked us to stop discussing GM and the Blazer in this thread, so I am going to comply.

I feel pretty comfortable "predicting" that Ford isn't trying to bring back, replicate, or create nostalgia for the Bronco II. If you think that's sticking my neck out, then so be it.
Well, unlike some other persons in Car Chat (I won't name names), I try not to be rude. It was not meant to be a barb or comment that you couldn't make a prediction if you wanted......I occasionally do myself. But, if we do, we have to be prepared to stand corrected (as I do) if we turn out to be wrong.

And I've been wrong, more than once. Remember the Plymouth Prowler? I thought it would go over big with WWII vets and Baby Boomers who started the original street-rod craze in the 1950s....no dice, perhaps partly because of fantastic dealer price-gouging. Same with the Chrysler Crossfire and the two-seat 2001 Ford Thunderbird....two beautiful machines. The Crossfire went nowhere.......the T-Bird did at first (also with huge dealer mark-ups), but lasted only a few years before it was dropped.
Old 08-20-19, 01:41 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Old 11-01-19, 01:46 PM
Hoovey689

Default Ford Bronco spring premiere / Ford Bronco R prototype post #9

We now have the Bronco’s official new logo, with the familiar bucking horse, albeit slightly pitched forward so it’s kicking higher, and compressed block-letter nameplate. And we’re given a fun video looking at the Bronco’s history as one of the O.G. SUVs, first debuting in 1966 and running until 1996.

Source
Old 11-01-19, 05:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by article
The spring premiere date technically would qualify it for a reveal at the 2020 North American International Auto Show, which is adopting its new June calendar starting next year. And that would further make sense given that we already know the Bronco is planned to be built alongside the Ranger at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant just outside of Detroit. But it also seems like an awfully long time to make people wait, given the excitement about this one.
Since the Detroit Show has been moved up to June, that is simply too long to wait. They need to unveil it at either the L.A. Show late this month, D.C. in late January, Chicago in early February, or, at the very latest, New York in April, although even April, IMO, is later than necessary. Unless there are sound or credible reasons for delaying its unveiling or introduction (such as quality problems in the plant, like we see with the Explorer), then IMO it's time for Ford to p*** or get off the pot.
Old 11-01-19, 05:51 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Since the Detroit Show has been moved up to June, that is simply too long to wait. They need to unveil it at either the L.A. Show late this month, D.C. in late January, Chicago in early February, or, at the very latest, New York in April, although even April, IMO, is later than necessary. Unless there are sound or credible reasons for delaying its unveiling or introduction (such as quality problems in the plant, like we see with the Explorer), then IMO it's time for Ford to p*** or get off the pot.
Why?

Ps. You are seriously obsessed with the Bronco. Its nice to see some passion.
Old 11-01-19, 06:29 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Why?

Ps. You are seriously obsessed with the Bronco. Its nice to see some passion.

I'm not obsessed with it in the sense you are talking about. I am definitely not one of its target customers....if I were to get a Ford SUV, it would almost certainly be a Lincoln Corsair, after a wait to get teething problems out. But my point is that Ford has been teasing the public with the Bronco for the better part of three years......unless there is a good credible reason for further delays (such as I outlined above), it is time to **** or get off the pot.

I also don't understand the delay considering that Ford has a perfect chance, here, to sock it to GM's failed Blazer, and is not taking it.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-01-19 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-01-19, 06:41 PM
MatB
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Agree. I wish ford would release the bronco already.
Old 11-01-19, 10:08 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That video is incomplete without the OJ chase.
Old 11-02-19, 01:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
That video is incomplete without the OJ chase.
Haha, great post.

maybe they’ll hire him for commercials.

”Hey guys, this new Bronco. For when you have SERIOUS work to do.”

but sorry, that’s pretty dark, we can’t forget he almost certainly killed two people.
Old 11-02-19, 07:25 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
maybe they’ll hire him for commercials.
Well, that will sure beat the $0.50 a day he made in prison.
Old 11-04-19, 03:00 PM
Hoovey689

Default Ford Bronco R prototype

Previews production model with race-ready Baja tribute

'Even the twin turbos of the EcoBoost engine are representative of what the production Bronco will offer'

“For the endurance needs of Baja’s 1,000 grueling miles, we built in a limited number of race focused parts. But even the twin turbos of the EcoBoost engine are representative of what the production Bronco will offer,” said Brian Novak, Ford Performance off road racing supervisor.

That means we’re definitely going to be getting a Ford EcoBoost engine with twin turbos in the production Bronco. The 2.7-liter twin-turbo V6 is the obvious answer, but the 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 is also laying around in Ford’s parts bin.

Also, this thing looks freakin’ awesome. Ford says the Bronco R was developed with heritage-inspired design and proportions to hint at what we’ll see on the production car. So far, so good. The red, white and black livery was designed to throwback to Rod Hall’s and Larry Minor’s 1969 Baja 1000 victory in their Ford Bronco.

“Like the original Bronco, we kept Bronco R’s design authentic and simple, with a roll cage on a production style frame, and a five-piece lightweight body on top,” Novak says.

It has an independent front suspension with a useful 14 inches of travel. The rear suspension is a “production-based” five-link chassis design with up to 18 inches of travel. It gets custom Fox shocks, 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels and 37-inch BF Goodrich tires.
Source
Old 11-04-19, 03:23 PM
Hoovey689

It's a boxy beast .

2.7L V6 EcoBoost would make a nice base engine. They have 3.0 and 3.5 EcoBoosts they could use as well for higher performance variants.
Old 11-05-19, 07:43 PM
Hoovey689

Wonder if Ford would consider a Bronco Raptor or Bronco ST

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport