Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-19, 11:31 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Excellent informative posts Carmaker1. Thank you for brining clarity to any misinformation I posted. Appreciated buddy
Old 11-18-19, 04:33 PM
Floyd91
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they bring in a capable Raptor version this will be my next new vehicle purchase and would replace my current raptor.
Old 11-19-19, 04:38 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Floyd91
If they bring in a capable Raptor version this will be my next new vehicle purchase and would replace my current raptor.
I saw a Bronco the other day, the OJ Simpson one. I think this new model needs to be a large 2 door size, built off the Raptor platform. Anything smaller, I dunno.
Old 11-19-19, 06:28 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Based on what you've told us, it sounds like the Bronco(and the next gen Ranger) will likely be offered with V6 ecoboosts and that the only reason the current gen Ranger doesn't have one is because it doesn't fit in the T6 derived chassis?

Might (?) also have to do with the number of production engines available. If the plant(s) that produce these engines can only turn out so many of them each day, that will obviously limit the number of vehicles they can be fitted to.
Old 01-10-20, 05:15 PM
Hoovey689

Default 2021 Ford Bronco prototype shows its off-road chops

Old 01-10-20, 05:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks, Hoovey...great post. Although they didn't show many close-ups in the video (and it has a prototype disclaimer), even with the bras and body-tape, that looks like a real Bronco, not an overstyled crossover-compromise like the Blazer. And let's see the Blazer try and bounce over rocks like that LOL.

I really hope Ford brings it to the D.C. show in a couple of weeks.....can't wait to see it. I'll definitely sign up for the (usual) Ford test-drive Mastercard offer.
Old 01-14-20, 05:41 PM
Hoovey689

Boxy Bronco

Source
Old 01-14-20, 05:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Boxy Bronco
Source
Problem is......we don't know for sure if that is the true body or just a test-mule. We probably won't until the actual introduction....Ford has really kept an effective lid on any true leaks.

Personally, I hope that image is accurate...if so, I think Bronco fans are going to like it.
Old 01-14-20, 05:59 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Problem is......we don't know for sure if that is the true body or just a test-mule. We probably won't until the actual introduction....Ford has really kept an effective lid on any true leaks.

Personally, I hope that image is accurate...if so, I think Bronco fans are going to like it.
With a spring time debut, that's definitely the body albeit with camouflage. This looks bespoke to what the Bronco will be, and not a frankenstein mule. Looks squarely aimed at the Jeep Wrangler.
Old 01-14-20, 06:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

With a spring time debut, that's definitely the body albeit with camouflage. This looks bespoke to what the Bronco will be, and not a frankenstein mule. Looks squarely aimed at the Jeep Wrangler.

Good. Sounds like good news. According to Ford marketers, the Wrangler was one of the potential targets all along. Wrangler owners will be a tough nut to crack, though...by today's standards, it is truly a cult-machine.
Old 01-14-20, 08:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,438 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Boxy Bronco
omg that's ugly.

Old 01-16-20, 09:15 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Cue all the people upset that it's not yet another unibody crossover.
Old 01-16-20, 02:58 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

This is turning into one of the longest, most drawn-out debuts in recent times. I've already lost interest. I think I remember hearing Ford greenlight this a good six or seven years ago. And here we are today still picking our noses and being thrown a bone. Reminds me of the Acura NSX debut. But at least with that we can excuse Honda a bit on the exotic/high performance testing factor.
Old 01-16-20, 03:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,438 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Cue all the people upset that it's not yet another unibody crossover.
they're not upset. They just don't care.

Old 01-31-20, 01:48 PM
Hoovey689

Default Ford 'baby Bronco' to be called Maverick?

Parts catalog shows components for a 2020 Maverick

A new member on the Bronco6G forum who goes by the handle Ford Parts Guy thinks they discovered the baby Bronco's actual name during a part search in a Ford database: Maverick. The circumstantial evidence comes in a list of eight parts on a spreadsheet for key fobs or fob components for various Ford vehicles; the eight fobs in question are grouped under the heading for a 2020 Maverick.

Maverick is one of the names Ford applied to trademark in December 2016 for the rugged crossover that will sit on the Escape's C2 platform, just a month before announcing the Bronco's return at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show. The company used the Maverick name most recently on the Escape sold from 2001-2005 in Europe, and calling up old names is a popular marketing tactic of late. Ford also sought to protect the names Scout and Bronco Scout, but the automaker abandoned the Bronco Scout application. Filed paperwork also includes the names Bronco Big Bend, Bronco Outer Banks, Bronco Sport, Adrenaline, Badlands, Timberline, and WIldtrak, but it's hard to tell which truck those might apply to and whether they apply to the truck itself or truck accessories. On top of that, Ford Authority has heard from sources that the Bronco Adventurer was also in the running before being dropped for Bronco Sport.

Another Bronco6G forum member says they've seen the Maverick name in use on the vehicle, though, claiming that a detailed CAD model had "a Maverick badge on the right side of the hatch." Perhaps that's why Ford didn't project a photo of the baby Bronco's backside in its trio of photos during a dealer meeting.
Source

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport