Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-20, 04:10 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I think Ford is banking on the Bronco to give the Wrangler and 4Runner fits.

As for 200,000 units, I think it's very possible with 3 different models under the Bronco family
Definitely going after the 4Runner for sure. Same with some of the pick ups in the mid size from Toyota and GM that are off road ready.
Old 02-24-20, 05:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Ford isn't going to just convert cult members by offering something competitive.

Agreed that the Wrangler crowd, just like with full-sized American pickup trucks, is a tough nut to crack. They love their Jeeps. But the original Bronco lasted for some 30 years....and would probably still be selling, had Ford not dropped it in the 1990s. Hoovey thinks 200K a year is feasible, with three different versions. I think that may be stretching it a bit, but we'll see. I'm confident (and have said for months) that I think it will get a better public reception than the Blazer. If it doesn't, I will stand corrected.
Old 02-24-20, 09:03 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

I think 200k is doable, but it will probably take a few years to get there.
Old 02-25-20, 06:31 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,438 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
As I said in an earlier post, I agree 200K is questionable, but, considering that, from my sources at least, GM sold 58K Blazers last year (discounting January, since the Blazer was introduced in February), I'd expect more Broncos than that to be sold, especially with three different versions....2 door, 4 door, and Sport. The Bronco is likely to get customers, into the showroom at least for a look, that are disappointed with the Blazer...and that's a pretty good number.

Omg, not blazer vs bronco again... they're COMPLETELY DIFFERENT... zero point in comparing sales numbers. Might as well compare bronco and rav4 sales numbers.
Old 02-25-20, 07:20 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Omg, not blazer vs bronco again... they're COMPLETELY e... zero point in comparing sales numbers. Might as well compare bronco and rav4 sales numbers.

Of course they are completely different...that's the problem. GM did not design the Blazer properly for a vehicle of its name or heritage....Ford, for the most part, did. I respect your view, but don't completely agree with it...the sales figures will tell at least part of the story, though I agree not all. And I have already stated that I would stand corrected if the Bronco turned out to be a flop or is not a sales success...what more do you want?

BTW, speaking of sales figures, I highly recommend the link I posted earlier....it is excellent.

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales...jeep-wrangler/

You once sent me a good link for searching new vehicles in stock (everycarlisted). Now's my chance to return the favor.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-25-20 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-25-20, 08:32 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Wranglers are cheap, noisy, cramped, and overpriced. 4Runner is old, outdated, overpriced (because its old). Bronco will offer something new if people arent interested in current offerings
Old 02-25-20, 08:48 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Wranglers are cheap, noisy, cramped, and overpriced. 4Runner is old, outdated, overpriced (because its old). Bronco will offer something new if people arent interested in current offerings
all true but the Bronco will have reliability issues I bet!

EDIT: not that the Jeep is some super reliable beast either

Last edited by bagwell; 02-25-20 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-25-20, 09:59 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Of course they are completely different...that's the problem. GM did not design the Blazer properly for a vehicle of its name or heritage....Ford, for the most part, did. I respect your view, but don't completely agree with it...the sales figures will tell at least part of the story, though I agree not all. And I have already stated that I would stand corrected if the Bronco turned out to be a flop or is not a sales success...what more do you want?

BTW, speaking of sales figures, I highly recommend the link I posted earlier....it is excellent.
No--it's not a "problem". You just don't like it. That's very different.
Old 02-25-20, 11:52 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

. You just don't like it. That's very different.
Not just me. I'm far from alone in my comments. Like it or not, it has indeed been a problem for GM. While it has sold somewhat better than I thought it would, it has not come anywhere near GM's expectations.

Old 02-25-20, 11:54 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bagwell
all true but the Bronco will have reliability issues I bet!
Certainly not out of the question. Ford does not have a good track record with first-year introductions.

DIT: not that the Jeep is some super reliable beast either
You got that right.
Old 02-25-20, 12:24 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not just me. I'm far from alone in my comments. Like it or not, it has indeed been a problem for GM. While it has sold somewhat better than I thought it would, it has not come anywhere near GM's expectations.
Sure--no one said you were alone in your issues with the Blazer. But that doesn't make it a "problem". You can't please all of the people all of the time.

But what were GM's sale projections?
Old 02-25-20, 12:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Sure--no one said you were alone in your issues with the Blazer. But that doesn't make it a "problem". You can't please all of the people all of the time.

But what were GM's sale projections?

The first projection I can remember seeing was around 100K, but that was quickly scaled back. I was looking for the link, but can't find the specific one. In all fairness, though, I think the 200K projection for the Bronco is also probably overdone.
Old 02-25-20, 01:12 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 2021 Ford Bronco interior spied

Source
Old 02-25-20, 01:13 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Ford Bronco models will get a blitz of 150 accessories at launch

Ford wants buyers to load up on extras, learned a costly lesson with Ranger

Ford's new Bronco may be ready to go toe-to-toe with the Jeep Wrangler in terms of capability, but the Blue Oval wants to make sure its dealer network is prepared for another key component of the 4x4's launch: accessory merchandizing.

To that end, Ford has cleaned house at its accessory distribution network, Automotive News reports (subscription required). The initiative reportedly came about as a result of less-than-stellar accessory availability during the launch of the Ford Ranger pickup. Ford wants to have more than 150 accessories available for the Bronco on day one, its dealer representatives said.

Ford hopes to sell as many as 200,000 Bronco and Bronco Sport models combined each year. Each one that leaves the dealership with accessories on it is a win for Ford.
Source
Old 02-25-20, 04:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Ford wants buyers to load up on extras, learned a costly lesson with Ranger
The problem with the Ranger, at least as I see it, is not so much accessories or extras so much as it is simply a dated design. It had been on sale for more than seven years in Australia (with right-hand-drive), before it was introduced here. With all of the hype that the Ford marketers put into the Ranger's introduction, keeping us waiting for almost two years, we were all expecting something a little more substantial. With the Bronco, of course, we will at least be getting an all-new design.

Now, of course, that does not mean that vehicles necessarily have to be redesigned simply for redesign-sake. I'm a longtime believer that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But the Australian Ranger, like the 1Gen GM/Isuzu I-Series/Colorado/Canyon five-cylinder pickup, was simply not a very impressive design to start with.

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport