Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

PLEASE hear me out - JDM help (Crown Majesta)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-20, 07:23 PM
acarapella
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Default PLEASE hear me out - JDM help (Crown Majesta)

Hey y’all.

I know it’s off topic but please hear me out before you boot me. I came here cause there are extremely respectable skilled people. Lexus2000 and Oro to name a few.

it looks like we will be fostering a 1994 Crown majesta. I know they were 2jz and similar to gs300 but desperately need an info source for cross referencing parts. Little things like brakes oil filters wheel bearings and maybe more.

trusting y’all won’t boot me but rather guide me where I need to go.

thanks
Old 07-22-20, 07:39 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,836 Likes on 2,396 Posts

Basic mechanical parts are easy to source but there is a whole bunch of stuff that is Japan only like electronics, interior bits, 4 wheel steering if equipped. There are also many, many variants of the car probably around 20. Remember, Toyota is much bolder in their domestic market with bringing out new tech so if you have something electrical go wrong you could be out of luck.

Not a car you buy casually.
Old 07-22-20, 07:58 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 793 Likes on 665 Posts

Hello,

There are quite a bit of parts in cars, interchangeable and not. You will need to be a little more specific..
With that, there is a good trick to see if the part will fit - go to japan-parts.eu website and search for the part you need for a Crown Majesta. Once you will find its Part Number, type it in the search bar and select "All Region", that will give you all the cars in which this specific part was used.

If that won't help, you can also try website like baza.drom.ru - type the Part Number in it, then select any part, and it will give you a lot of other interchangeable Part Numbers and list of cars that have that part as stock, and the ones for which that part may or may not work out. With that said, it is not guaranteed that it will work, but it is still better than nothing.

As a method of last resort, you can also try looking for parts on websites like amayama.com, or some Japanese auctions, like auctions.yahoo.co.jp, but with that, you need to understand that it will take a while to ship, let alone the prices. You can still find a lot of parts for JDM cars around Russia and United Arab Emirates, though I am not sure about shipping..

P.S. To be honest, I always loved a post-facelift S140 Crown.. They do look magnificent. You are going for a full adventure, I hope you understand what you are doing.. Definitely let us know what parts you may need in the future, and maybe we will be able to help.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Last edited by Arsenii; 07-22-20 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-23-20, 02:30 AM
Lead Lap

Received 780 Likes on 529 Posts

What he said ^^^
Old 07-23-20, 06:23 AM
acarapella
Advanced

I knew I would find help - thanks guys. I will report back if everything pans out

best

drew
Old 08-07-20, 06:18 PM
acarapella
Advanced

Hey all!

I bought it. Its in my garage. Wowsers this thing is amazing!

I just googled "crown majesta forum" still looking for a community of JDM owners thats "alive" and THIS thread is the first result! strange.

Old 08-07-20, 07:53 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 793 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by acarapella
Hey all!

I bought it. Its in my garage. Wowsers this thing is amazing!

I just googled "crown majesta forum" still looking for a community of JDM owners thats "alive" and THIS thread is the first result! strange.
No way! Now your adventure begins..
A beautiful car indeed.. What about some pictures?

I am pretty sure this forum should be able to help you out with most of the stuff that may go wrong with this car, and if nothing else, there is already a bunch of old posts discussing some unique and peculiar issues related specifically to that car. I think most of the people here can appreciate such cars, and will be more than happy to help!

P.S. There was even a Crown division created on this forum. It can be found here. And also, here is an Australian Crown forum, should be a lot of useful information there.

Best of luck with your new ride!

Last edited by Arsenii; 08-07-20 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-08-20, 08:10 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

that's super cool. i'd like to see some pictures as well as who you went through to get the car imported to the states out of curiosity only because i'm not planning on importing a jdm car, but one day perhaps...
Old 08-08-20, 10:32 AM
acarapella
Advanced

thanks a million guys!

Last edited by acarapella; 08-08-20 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-08-20, 10:39 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

okay, but where are the pictures that we all want to see?!?!
Old 08-08-20, 10:47 AM
acarapella
Advanced

Just posted here. Figured it would be nice to have a title that wasn’t begging for mercy for posting off topic hahahahaha

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...l#post10865318