Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Good News....L.A. Show a go for November 20-29, 2020

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-20, 07:38 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, three things. First, with all due respect, you can hold the sermon for a minute.......it's not a question of either me or you "getting it". Whether the show is publicly held or not is out of our hands....it will be up to the manufacturers/sponsors and the L.A. authorites. I can only post what is on the public website at this time...that could change tomorrow. Second, no one (me included) is advocating going back to the unfettered/unregulated policies of the past. If the show IS held, I'm pretty certain it will be held with a number of restrictions...those restrictions will probably be dependent on the condition or status of the pandemic in the Los Angeles area at that time. Third, I understand your point about looking at vehicles at the dealership (and do so enough times myself)....but it is still far easier to do it all under one roof. They hold those big shows for a reason, although, yes, I agree that we do have a limited ability to do it on line or in virtual reality.

Oh, and a fourth reason...I'm a cheapskate. I go because I get free show-tickets. (just kidding)
There's plenty of content here on CL and the rest of the internet where people debate things that are "out of their hands to decide".

Old 07-30-20, 07:48 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
There's plenty of content here on CL and the rest of the internet where people debate things that are "out of their hands to decide".

Sure.....and I don't mind it a bit. That's what we're here for. But some things we can't change no matter how much we debate.

BTW, on a related subject (I won't necessarily start a new thread for it, but others can if they want)..........the SEMA show in Las Vegas, scheduled for November 3-6, 2020, is also still on, as of July 27...but, of course, that could also change. You guys can discuss that if you want...I usually stay out of that kind of talk, as boy-racers and customizing/aftermarket stuff is generally not my forte.

https://www.semashow.com/important-show-information
Old 07-30-20, 08:51 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Sure.....and I don't mind it a bit. That's what we're here for. But some things we can't change no matter how much we debate.
https://www.semashow.com/important-show-information
We can't change anything by debating it in CL. But a debate in CL can lead to other steps.

It's happening all over the country. Prime example: school districts changing re-opening plans after response from parents--where do you think those parents exchange their thoughts and ideas? No--not on CL. But on Facebook and other online forums.
Old 08-05-20, 09:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

BTW, on a related subject (I won't necessarily start a new thread for it, but others can if they want)..........the SEMA show in Las Vegas, scheduled for November 3-6, 2020, is also still on, as of July 27...but, of course, that could also change.
Well, so much for that. The SEMA show, which was still on as of a few days ago, has just been cancelled.

Not a terribly big deal for me, as I'm not into that kind of boy-racer and customizing stuff, but I know a number of you like that show.

https://www.semashow.com/?__utma=258...utmk=202057554

Update about the 2020 SEMA Show:

Due to Covid-19 and concerns that event facilities and services will be unavailable, the SEMA Show will not be taking place in 2020.

While both event organizers and industry members have been working tirelessly to deliver an outstanding SEMA Show in November, mounting uncertainty has rendered continuing with the event inadvisable. SEMA expects the decision will bring much needed clarity to an uncertain picture and will help exhibitors, attendees and partners plan accordingly.

Recent SEMA Show survey results indicated interest in a possible virtual tradeshow with related live elements. SEMA will be working with industry members to determine interest levels on specific alternatives.

"The SEMA Show is committed to furthering businesses in the automotive specialty equipment market, and to providing manufacturers and buyers with the best opportunity to connect, promote new products and discover new trends," said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. "We appreciate the spirit, hard work and innovation our industry puts into the SEMA Show each year. While we are disappointed circumstances prevent us from hosting the Show in November, we look forward to getting everyone together in 2021 for another outstanding event."

Full refunds for SEMA Show exhibitor booth deposits and attendee registration fees will be issued.

FUTURE SHOW DATES

• 2021 | November 2 - 5
  • 2022 | November 1 - 4
  • 2023 | Oct. 31 - Nov. 3
  • 2024 | November 5 - 8
  • 2025 | November 4 - 7
  • 2026 | November 3 - 6
  • 2027 | November 2 - 5
  • 2028 | Oct. 31 - Nov. 3
Old 08-06-20, 06:58 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

That's amazing that they have the dates booked all the way out through 2028. I figured it was like 2-3 years in advance.
Old 08-06-20, 07:35 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
That's amazing that they have the dates booked all the way out through 2028. I figured it was like 2-3 years in advance.
yeah we'll be dealing with COVID-28 then.
Old 08-06-20, 07:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
yeah we'll be dealing with COVID-28 then.

At the rate things are going, I'm beginning to believe it LOL.