Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Guess which Benz I just bought?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-20, 04:43 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 302 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
also i was gonna guess sprinter but you said not the biggest 2 seater they make, were you actually including an 18-wheeler truck cab in that size range
He said upthread that while there's only one size Metris, there are two sizes of Sprinter, and he got the smaller one.
Old 09-02-20, 07:02 AM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm soooo jealous. We deliver parts to body shops and we're stuck with a Toyota Tundra long bed truck. We desperately need a van like this to be able to deliver in the rain and to secure hood panels, windshields, etc to the side panels but NOOOOO management won't hear of it. So we'll have to drive this truck until the wheels fall off of it. Whenever our regular delivery driver is out and I have to fill in, instead of lusting after hot performance cars, I'll see Sprinters like yours or Transit Connects and think "wow I wish we could have something like that"
Old 09-02-20, 07:14 AM
Lend0
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

You should rent it out to the people fleeing NYC. I'd start at $1K per hour.
Old 09-02-20, 08:18 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
He said upthread that while there's only one size Metris, there are two sizes of Sprinter, and he got the smaller one.
thanks for clarifying, i guess i was just considering the sprinter as being a single model
Old 09-02-20, 05:42 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jezza819
I'm soooo jealous. We deliver parts to body shops and we're stuck with a Toyota Tundra long bed truck. We desperately need a van like this to be able to deliver in the rain and to secure hood panels, windshields, etc to the side panels but NOOOOO management won't hear of it. So we'll have to drive this truck until the wheels fall off of it. Whenever our regular delivery driver is out and I have to fill in, instead of lusting after hot performance cars, I'll see Sprinters like yours or Transit Connects and think "wow I wish we could have something like that"
Oh I hear you - when I was young and inexperience and just starting my business, I made the mistake of buying a pick up truck as my first work vehicle. I quickly learned that pick up trucks might be "cool" but absolutely useless if you're actually trying to do some actual work. This is why I often call these pretentious trucks "redneck toys" as they barely offer anymore utility than a large SUV.
Old 09-03-20, 09:27 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,961 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Oh I hear you - when I was young and inexperience and just starting my business, I made the mistake of buying a pick up truck as my first work vehicle. I quickly learned that pick up trucks might be "cool" but absolutely useless if you're actually trying to do some actual work. This is why I often call these pretentious trucks "redneck toys" as they barely offer anymore utility than a large SUV.
We did the same thing, traded it in on a Ford Transit Connect.