Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Best Auto Insurance Companies

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-20, 06:27 PM
designdude
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron3645
As a personal injury attorney I suspect I look at insurance companies with a different mind's eye to that of the average consumer or maybe to those that contributed with their votes which led to the rankings listed in the OP.

I get it that generally speaking people want to pay as little as possible. I also get it that generally speaking some people want to like and have a good relationship with their agents. I've learned over the course of more than 30 years in my trade that the most important differentiating factor with insurance companies is how the insurance company handles claims.
I agree with your comments. Especially about the differentiation in how insurance companies handle claims.

I do have a little push back, re your comment most people want to pay as little as possible. I think anyone who owns a Lexus is already a step above most people, and furthermore they are quite savvy to the basic premise, You get what you pay for. (And if they are on this site, double ditto on both comments). There are some things where I will gladly pay a premium price, knowing I am getting great service, and good value. Other things, I am a bit wary.

When it comes to insurance, I want good coverage, and I want great service when I need it. The sad thing, how do I know how well my claim is going to get handled BEFORE I sign? I think I am smart enough to see through the TV commercials, or am I?

Last edited by designdude; 10-01-20 at 06:29 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 10-01-20, 07:00 PM
Astrokat
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by designdude
I agree with your comments. Especially about the differentiation in how insurance companies handle claims.

I do have a little push back, re your comment most people want to pay as little as possible. I think anyone who owns a Lexus is already a step above most people, and furthermore they are quite savvy to the basic premise, You get what you pay for. (And if they are on this site, double ditto on both comments). There are some things where I will gladly pay a premium price, knowing I am getting great service, and good value. Other things, I am a bit wary.

When it comes to insurance, I want good coverage, and I want great service when I need it. The sad thing, how do I know how well my claim is going to get handled BEFORE I sign? I think I am smart enough to see through the TV commercials, or am I?
Although I agree with you regarding you get what you pay for (usually), I politely disagree with the comment “I think anyone who owns a Lexus is already a step above most people” - not quite sure I know what you mean by that. This board has teenagers that will gladly buy a 30 year old Lexus to be part of the club. Although I am blessed to drive a 2020, and I am looking for the cheapest insurance possible with the coverage that will provide the proper protection. The problem is regardless of insurance you have, you have to still fight for things like “diminished value” when you get into an accident or “oem parts”. If you want to pay a premium to get protections the “cheap guys” don’t provide (i.e GAP), or to have someone pick up the phone quicker, then that is fine, but cheap insurance doesn’t necessarily mean bad insurance.

Last edited by Astrokat; 10-01-20 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-25-22, 04:53 AM
Ibetyouloo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for the detailed review of car insurance companies. I am looking for a good insurance company to insure my car, house, and possibly life, as I see many insurance companies are engaged only in separate areas. I've just read an article about life insurance on https://www.lifeinsuranceblog.net/5-...e-policy-cost/ and thought, why don't I insure my life? Even though I lead a healthy lifestyle, something might happen to me. If that happens, my family should get a lot of money.

Last edited by Ibetyouloo; 08-30-22 at 03:49 AM.
Old 08-25-22, 05:22 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

My X7’s insurance just went up $375 a year. Wasn’t too happy about that so I checked USAA for both of my cars and I was shocked that it was higher for both cars. I may have to shop around to other insurance companies to see if I can get it lower. Maybe it’s like everything else going up, inflation.
Old 08-25-22, 05:35 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
My X7’s insurance just went up $375 a year. Wasn’t too happy about that so I checked USAA for both of my cars and I was shocked that it was higher for both cars. I may have to shop around to other insurance companies to see if I can get it lower. Maybe it’s like everything else going up, inflation.
One must also, when shopping, compare apples with apples to see if one is getting the same coverage-limits for that different or lower price.
Old 08-25-22, 11:00 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
One must also, when shopping, compare apples with apples to see if one is getting the same coverage-limits for that different or lower price.
Definitely apples to apples with coverage and even chose a higher deductible and it was still higher. My X7 is about $1,500 a year and I just looked and my Plaid now increased almost $400 a year to $2,400 a year. Wow, definitely going to shop around.