Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Lexus LF, NX, and LX Reportedly Coming by 2022

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-20, 11:57 AM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default New Lexus LF, NX, and LX Reportedly Coming by 2022

New Lexus LF, NX, and LX Reportedly Coming by 2022
By Brett Foote

Lexus reportedly has a slew of new products in the pipeline.

Old 09-23-20, 12:13 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

IMO, a new NX is badly needed. I was not at all impressed with the 1Gen version. I thought it was cheaply-done (for a Lexus product) and notably lacked sound-insulation and refinement in the suspension. In fact, except for the cramped interior space and poorly-done console-controls, the smaller, less expensive UX is actually a better product.
Old 09-23-20, 12:29 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

This is literally the exact same source mentioned last week that was still spouting nonsense about an LS-F and LC-F even after the V8 was cancelled. Especially ridiculous is the claim that the next-gen Land Cruiser will still be using the same dinosaur of a V8.
Old 09-23-20, 04:22 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Serious question: Is Best Car Web paying us out to get clicks?
Old 09-24-20, 05:59 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Serious question: Is Best Car Web paying us out to get clicks?
Is Best Car Web part of Internet Brands?
Old 09-24-20, 04:33 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
IMO, a new NX is badly needed. I was not at all impressed with the 1Gen version. I thought it was cheaply-done (for a Lexus product) and notably lacked sound-insulation and refinement in the suspension. In fact, except for the cramped interior space and poorly-done console-controls, the smaller, less expensive UX is actually a better product.
Couldn't agree more. I had one for 3 years and couldn't wait for my lease to expire. I haven't owned a Lexus since. Oh that track pad.
Old 09-25-20, 02:08 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Couldn't agree more. I had one for 3 years and couldn't wait for my lease to expire. I haven't owned a Lexus since. Oh that track pad.
Surprised to hear those comments, I really like our NX and my wife loves it so that's the most important vote. Once I made the feedback adjustments on the trackpad it was fine although I like the flat joystick device on my GS better. We use voice commands for most needs either way.

Last edited by BMGS; 09-25-20 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-25-20, 07:02 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Surprised to hear those comments, I really like our NX and my wife loves it so that's the most important vote. Once I made the feedback adjustments on the trackpad it was fine although I like the flat joystick device on my GS better. We use voice commands for most needs either way.

I certainly respect your comments...especially as an owner. But, when I did my NX review a few years ago (upon its introduction), I found it lacking in refinement and some of the road manners that I felt a Lexus product should have. So did a number of other reviewers. It's possible that Lexus did some mid-cycle running changes to the design, between the time I reviewed it, and the time you and your wife got yours, that made it a little more pleasing to drive. If so, all the better.
Old 09-25-20, 08:03 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
My dealer typically gives out RX or NX loaners during service, so I've had a considerable amount of time in the NX, including a full week at one time. I always enjoy the NX, and the track pad was never an issue for me. I found it to be easy to use. Kind of a fun vehicle to drive around in.
Old 09-25-20, 08:25 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
My dealer typically gives out RX or NX loaners during service, so I've had a considerable amount of time in the NX, including a full week at one time. I always enjoy the NX, and the track pad was never an issue for me. I found it to be easy to use. Kind of a fun vehicle to drive around in.
I would describe it as fun also. Its not as smooth or refined as our GS of the same year but it has its own techy and fun quality about it. It was our first SUV so I wasn't expecting a super smooth ride similar to a Lexus sedan and I'm fine with that.
Old 09-25-20, 09:05 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I agree with this, except for the part about the console controls. I thought those were intuitive and well-done. The NX is my least favorite Lexus I've driven out of ... all of them. I've had an NX loaner a few times and don't really have anything nice or positive to say about them. Can't say the same about the UX or RX though. Those two I really enjoyed.
Old 09-26-20, 02:41 AM
Lead Lap

Received 780 Likes on 529 Posts

Well the NX can’t compete with the RAV4 apart from a few interior surfaces.