Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hell is about to freeze over....

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-20, 07:46 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Sporty Stinger->Popular Sorento->Floridas most popular German Car......that deal has to be next level!

Ok I kid and apologize. Opel buicks are probably the best of any GM product, built like tanks (my assumption not fact is that they have to be upto snuff for the autobahn). I`m actually quite impressed you are considering a wagon, super-practical and usually as space efficient as a CUV. Hows the PPI on that one?
Old 11-01-20, 02:58 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 499 Likes on 434 Posts

Great find & color......Bet the wind noise as others mentioned is the thule racks.....Possibly a dealer accessory.....
Old 11-02-20, 12:52 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
Wagons are, IMO, much better vehicles for most people's everyday usage than the generic SUV/CUV that they are more likely to buy. As are minivans, for that matter.
agreed wagons are the among the most underrated cars that can be bought, from the drivers seat you're literally just in a normal sedan yet you have loads more space and practicality... for reasons i don't completely understand they have this soft image to them that makes the idea of a wagon seem uncool to people, as OP's wife stated though maybe their usage as hearses doesn't help lol
Old 11-02-20, 05:39 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Good looking car. If the dealership can get rid of the roof racks, I say go for it.

Btw, I believe that is an Opel Insig... just kidding
Old 11-02-20, 06:06 AM
stasek
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sm1ke
Good looking car. If the dealership can get rid of the roof racks, I say go for it.

Btw, I believe that is an Opel Insig... just kidding

You’re right - can’t believe nobody mentioned the resemblance to the Opel Insignia.... 😜

I’d definitely keep the racks - just wouldn’t drive with them on a daily basis.
Old 11-02-20, 06:43 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by stasek
You’re right - can’t believe nobody mentioned the resemblance to the Opel Insignia.... 😜

I’d definitely keep the racks - just wouldn’t drive with them on a daily basis.
Opel was owned by GM. The engine is pure GM Most of the bits and pieces are used elsewhere
Old 11-02-20, 06:52 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Opel-rebadges (or near-rebadges) with GM-supplied power-plants/drivetrains and extra Buick sound-deadening were characteristic of several Buick models in the 2010s....not just the Regal. It was one of the main reasons behind the reliability-improvements the brand saw in that decade....which, at one point, was trailing only Toyota and Lexus. The GM powerplants, though, at times, were not without issues...particulalry the 2.4L non-turbo Ecotec and its piston rings.
Old 11-02-20, 10:58 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Good car, great reviews, absolutely go for it! Or go for one like it... I've been keeping an eye on a few used 18-19 Essence trims (with adaptive cruise control) which can be had in the low $20s. I think a very good value for a unique (and good-looking, IMHO) car.
This time last year, I saw a few new ones almost $10k off MSRP for Essence trims...
Old 11-02-20, 11:10 AM
stasek
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wandl
Good car, great reviews, absolutely go for it! Or go for one like it... I've been keeping an eye on a few used 18-19 Essence trims (with adaptive cruise control) which can be had in the low $20s. I think a very good value for a unique (and good-looking, IMHO) car.
This time last year, I saw a few new ones almost $10k off MSRP for Essence trims...
Even though this one has the S&S, DC1, and panoramic sunroof, I really wish it was the Essence trim. there are few things I’m really going to miss, if I decide to pull the trigger. The pickings are very slim in the Chicago area (only 7 Tourxs within 50 miles) and even Manheim has virtually no cars being auctioned off (again, 7-8 nationwide). They were REALLY blowing them out last year - could have picked up a brand new Essence for under $30k.
I guess I could always wait, but my friend is giving me ridiculous trade-in on the ole’ Tundra,
Old 11-02-20, 05:30 PM
stasek
Advanced

Hell did freeze over after all.... The Tundra served me very well for almost 7 years and 100k+ miles, but it was starting to really show its’ age. I will miss the ability to carry “stuff”, but I won’t miss 15-17mpg.

Old 11-02-20, 05:48 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Nicely done!!!! BUICK
Old 11-02-20, 09:36 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

if that's a hearse, everyone is driving a hearse.
they're all driving stilted hearses with crappy handling
Old 11-03-20, 02:31 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 261 Likes on 189 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. Hope it serves you well.
Old 11-03-20, 05:34 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats! Was the dealer able to find you a key for your rack?
Old 11-03-20, 05:55 AM
stasek
Advanced

Originally Posted by sm1ke
Congrats! Was the dealer able to find you a key for your rack?

They contacted the seller (apparently an old customer) and he’s supposed to drop it off (like that will ever happen). Since it’s a Thule, I can get a replacement key for $5 - the cylinder number is engraved above the keyhole, so it’s breeze.

Quick Reply: Hell is about to freeze over....