Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hell is about to freeze over....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-20, 02:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by LX5280
Remember when there was a Regal GS with a manual transmission, only offered in 2012 I think. Was a great idea, 6-speed manual, Brembo brakes, sport-tuned suspension, too bad it didn't last. And now there's no more Regals at all, crazy to think there won't be single car or wagon offered by Buick in 2021
Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
You know what? I had no idea there was a manual version....and Brembo brakes. Crazy to think that was offered
Yes, there was, but not a whole lot of takers for it. If you remember, the Verano was also offered in a Turbo version, manual transmission, and slightly revised suspension for a couple of years as well...not a whole lot of takers there, either, as most Verano customers were people like me who just wanted more or less a (well-built) downsized version of a big traditional Buick sedan.
Old 11-29-20, 02:53 PM
stasek
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I saw the new Regal yesterday..the non wagon version..I really thought it looked great. I like the interior of yours....what trim level is yours? You like the engine?
You might have seen the GS Sportback, which is actually very good looking “sedan”.

My TourX is the mid level “Preferred” trim. The engine is the GM’s workhorse 2.0t Ecotec LTG 4-banger, making 250hp/295ft-lb torque. It’s the base engine in the current Camaro. For a mere $400, I could install a Trifecta tune, bumping the hp/torque up by ~40. The 8-speed Aisin transmission is little sluggish, but again - something like a pedal commander should fix that problem.
Old 11-29-20, 02:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by stasek
You might have seen the GS Sportback, which is actually very good looking “sedan”.
Correct. All of the true Regal sedans were dropped from the American market a couple of years ago. The Sportback is an imitation-sedan with a hatch lid.

Old 11-29-20, 03:31 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

My TourX is the mid level “Preferred” trim. The engine is the GM’s workhorse 2.0t Ecotec LTG 4-banger, making 250hp/295ft-lb torque. It’s the base engine in the current Camaro. For a mere $400, I could install a Trifecta tune, bumping the hp/torque up by ~40. The 8-speed Aisin transmission is little sluggish, but again - something like a pedal commander should fix that problem.
Yeah. That was it. Looked like a sedan.

The Buick LaCrosse and the Regal had the best front ends out there IMO. I really liked TourX at the auto show
Old 11-29-20, 03:44 PM
stasek
Advanced

Here’s the picture of the aftermarket leather/leatherette. The car originally had “beige” cloth seats. I haven’t seen the OEM leather, but these feel surprisingly nice.
Old 11-29-20, 04:24 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Here’s the picture of the aftermarket leather/leatherette. The car originally had “beige” cloth seats. I haven’t seen the OEM leather, but these feel surprisingly nice.
Great contrast of beige and black.

Is this your first GM product?
Old 11-29-20, 04:35 PM
stasek
Advanced

Great contrast of beige and black.

Is this your first GM product?
It’s my 3rd - my first car ever was a 88 Chevy Corsica and also had an S10 “beater” pickup for few years. Both had typical (horrible) interiors, but mechanically ran fine in the time I had them.
Old 06-29-21, 06:34 AM
stasek
Advanced

Quick update - 8 months/12k miles later, the Deutscher kombiwagen keeps chugging along. No serious issues to report. The 2 most common problems with these are starting to manifest themselves, though. The lower control arms are creaking when braking over rough surface and I’m getting an intermittent CEL - P2138 - pedal position sensor, which results in reduced engine power, but goes back to normal after couple restarts. I’ll probably have both taken care of at the same time, when I find some time.
Old 06-29-21, 07:16 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Quick update - 8 months/12k miles later, the Deutscher kombiwagen keeps chugging along. No serious issues to report. The 2 most common problems with these are starting to manifest themselves, though. The lower control arms are creaking when braking over rough surface and I’m getting an intermittent CEL - P2138 - pedal position sensor, which results in reduced engine power, but goes back to normal after couple restarts. I’ll probably have both taken care of at the same time, when I find some time.
Nice car.

too bad the issues are showing up
Old 11-11-21, 10:14 PM
stasek
Advanced

Another quick update - this time @ 1 year of ownership. Car will hit 40K next Monday..... drove 24k+ miles in the first 12 months . Still haven't fixed the 2 issues I mentioned in my last post, but the time is definitely coming. Another problem appeared, and this one is more annoying - the HVAC vents are stuck on windshield and don't respond to changes. Annoying as heck when you can't direct air directly into the cabin or on your feet. Took a small rock to the windshield @ highway speed which resulted in a chip, which quickly got upgraded to full-on crack. There goes $375 for an aftermarket windshield (only called couple places). Also some douche/douchette(?) put a decent sized dent in the driver side rear quarter panel, while parked at a local Home Depot. Hoping to get it fixed at one of the paintless dent removal places.
Since most of my driving is on the expressway (current jobsite 55 miles away), I'm averaging ~35 MPH per tank and ~28-30MPG. The lie-o-meter is off by 1-2MPG. Other than that, the car is pretty enjoyable to drive and definitely stands out among the sea of CUV/SUVs.

Old 11-12-21, 03:28 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Another problem appeared, and this one is more annoying - the HVAC vents are stuck on windshield and don't respond to changes. Annoying as heck when you can't direct air directly into the cabin or on your feet..
Ugh that wouldn’t flow with me…HVACs are supposed to automatically default to the windshield vent if there is an issue. Supposed to be this way for emergency purposes. I guess it’s possible to pull and then put the fuse back in.