Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Well, its the end of an era....traded my LS460L in on a Mercedes S560

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-20, 10:09 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
It may depend on the model, on the M340 the basic Alpine White didn’t have an up charge but the metallic Mineral White did for $550.
This is correct. Same with Jet Black no additional charge and the metallic Black Sapphire and Carbon Black are $550.
Old 11-21-20, 10:34 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
From the bottom of my heart, congratulations on your new Mercedes-Benz...I had seen your other thread about the S8/7series etc and I didn't comment, but this is the car to get in the segment. I have a friend who owns one and I have rode in many times, its just sensational.....plus, you get that experience of seeing the 3-pointed start on your hood as you drive down the road...(that must be worth the extra $$$ right there)

There is something just so timeless about this generation of S-class...like the size and design/proportions are just right...no goofy looking front grill....but at the same time...to-me...it has this non-pretentious look to it that looks sedated as it is not so in-your-face...I have always like the exterior daytime LED lights..
Thank you so, so much Jill. That means a lot to me! yeah the 3 pointed star definately means a lot lol. My neighbors have gone nuts over it!

What kind of non-run flat tires did you get? My friends S-class came with Goodyear F1 tires.
I got Michelin Primacy Tour A/S. Really the only good grand touring tire in those sizes. The front wheels and tires are the same as what was on my LS460L but the rears are wider which limits the choices.

Did you test drive this particular model? ( I never test drove my new 4Runner)
I did! I actually drove it back in August and then again before I bought it.

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the turbo motor...start-stop technology...or MB user interface.....no more full-size spare tire...
So far the turbo motor is great. Its very smooth, linear thrust type power. Doesnt feel as fast as the 750 (and its not) but the engine is more refined and quieter. Engine start stop I do not love. No spare tire at all! So I better make sure I don't hit any nails. So now I have two cars with regular tires and no spare!

It is also interesting how you replaced your final MY LS from the previous generation Lexus with a final MY year Mercedes from an outgoing platform,...I guess it goes to show you how all the experts on here with their new engine tech and features stuff have no idea what buyers really want....sometimes you buy what you really want...I did with my new 21 4Runner
Yeah both times it was because I really always loved that particular generation car and was dubious about the next generation...yep, gotta get what you want.

Lastly, it will be interesting to watch your experience (good and bad) with this car...and the Mercedes brand........I often hear that it is very hard to let go of the Mercedes experience once you try it.............so here's to you .......again congratulation Steve....The Best or Nothing
So far so good. The purchase process was great. I was out the door and through finance in 40 minutes. Since it was so late they didnt have a chance to show me around so I went back today. Salesman was great, sales managers were great. They gave me some free keychains and a free set of winter mats which was great, introduced me to the service staff and showed me around. Everyone seemed genuine and congratulated me on the car and welcomed me to "the family" it was all really great.

Thank you again for the well wishes!

Originally Posted by LexBob2
This is correct. Same with Jet Black no additional charge and the metallic Black Sapphire and Carbon Black are $550.
Definitely depends on the model then. All those colors are free on the 7 Series.
Old 11-21-20, 10:48 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually think you got one of the best S-classes in recent years. Don't think the new one is as good (at least from what I've seen in photos)
Old 11-21-20, 11:14 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 289 Likes on 206 Posts

I know if I had a new car I would be asking to run as many errands as possible just to go out for a drive. Sure I’ll go grocery shopping, just at a farther grocery store. Hope you have some time to spend with it this weekend.
Old 11-21-20, 11:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rosskoss
I actually think you got one of the best S-classes in recent years. Don't think the new one is as good (at least from what I've seen in photos)
Thank you!

Originally Posted by patgilm
I know if I had a new car I would be asking to run as many errands as possible just to go out for a drive. Sure I’ll go grocery shopping, just at a farther grocery store. Hope you have some time to spend with it this weekend.
Oh yeah, “I’ll go get it honey!”
Old 11-21-20, 12:50 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Congrats! Always loved this generation S-class, especially in that Designo White (blue and red are nice too). Enjoy in great health!
Old 11-21-20, 01:17 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Let us know how much the LS ends up getting sold for.
Old 11-21-20, 02:29 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Now that you've got yourself this new S class, maybe its time to get your wife something with more dignity than the Chrysler shed she drives?

Old 11-21-20, 03:01 PM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 257 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Now that you've got yourself this new S class, maybe its time to get your wife something with more dignity than the Chrysler shed she drives?
Mama deserves a new X7.
Old 11-21-20, 03:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Och

She wanted a new Pacifica. He couldn't talk her out of it LOL.
Old 11-21-20, 03:39 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Lexus is missing big sales by not offering a minivan based on Sienna. Im sure lots of ppl would buy luxury minivan - anyone seen the movie “Get Shorty” 😀
Old 11-21-20, 03:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GFerg
Congrats! Always loved this generation S-class, especially in that Designo White (blue and red are nice too). Enjoy in great health!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by SC300Es
Let us know how much the LS ends up getting sold for.
I will, I will keep an eye on it.

Originally Posted by Och
Originally Posted by Bob04
Mama deserves a new X7.
Haha, I would get her an X7 in an instant!
Old 11-21-20, 03:54 PM
Carfan94
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just this afternoon saw a beautiful S class identical to this outside firehouse subs, And I was thinking to myself how much better these W222s look in person than in pictures!

Congrats! SW20S? I know this what you really wanted!
Old 11-21-20, 03:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Tried out the self driving tech today. Pretty cool. I was able to let it drive for me for several minutes at a time without touching the wheel, lane change assist is pretty amazing too, just put the signal on and when its possible it changes lanes for you.

I haven't tried the self parking, but it looks like you can select multiple space options from the screen instead of it just choosing one space like those systems tend to do.
Old 11-21-20, 03:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Carfan94
Just this afternoon saw a beautiful S class identical to this outside firehouse subs, And I was thinking to myself how much better these W222s look in person than in pictures!

Congrats! SW20S? I know this what you really wanted!
Thank you! Thats what I changed it to on MBWorld, probably will here too.

it does look good in person, it has a lot of complex lines and curves.

Quick Reply: Well, its the end of an era....traded my LS460L in on a Mercedes S560