Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Well, its the end of an era....traded my LS460L in on a Mercedes S560

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-20, 12:03 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts
Default Well, its the end of an era....traded my LS460L in on a Mercedes S560

Probably wont come as much of a surprise, but I traded the LS in on a 2020 S560 last night. It all came together pretty quickly. I had reached out to a dealer about a car I had driven back in August. Deals on S560s didnt seem to be easy to get, which is why I had kind of set my sights on the BMW 750. I was getting ready to order the 7, when I just figured I would email the guy and see what his price quote on that S560 would be, it was awful. So I thanked him and told him that I was going to go with the 7, and he came back and asked if they could match the deal on the 7 would I consider it. Told him I would have to come look at it and drive it again, and I did that yesterday afternoon.

The S560 is what I really prefer, and he made it happen, gave me a great trade on the LS and with the tax savings and the diminished value settlement I got it broke even which was something I never anticipated would be possible. Sad to see the Lexus go, but I was at a point where I was going to have to commit to buying it out and I was ready for something new. He also built the clear bra and a new set of non-runflat tires into the deal.

She's a beaut! Designo Diamond White with a black interior, AMG Sport Package, 4 matic. Rides like a dream, will be even better with the non-runflat tires. Only dissapointment is the audio which is not near what I had in the ML, but I may have the stereo shop do some tweaking when they install my dash cam.

Snapped a couple quick pics, lighting by the time I could do it today wasn't so great, I will get pics in better light

Old 11-20-20, 12:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Congrats. I was convinced you would get the BMW, but in your heart I think you always wanted the S-Class. And it's leased so if there's any issues nbd.

Time to get a bigger house though, with a driveway fit for this beauty

Shall we go ahead and change your SN?
Old 11-20-20, 12:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Congratulations, SW20MB

Is that Euromotorcars? I haven't been there for awhile, but I think I recognize the showroom(s) from the last time I sampled an E-Class there.

You should not have any complaint with the comfort-level in this vehicle....CR says the S-class is the best-riding sedan they have ever experienced.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-20-20 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-20-20, 12:14 PM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 257 Likes on 186 Posts

Beautiful. Congrats.
Old 11-20-20, 12:21 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Must feel goooood scratching that itch Congrats and i'm sure you'll be a happy camper for the next couple years.
Old 11-20-20, 12:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats, this is the right car for you

so what did they mean by matching the deal on the 7? making the payment the same as what you would get with the 7? if so that is an insane deal!
Old 11-20-20, 12:41 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Man that is a great pickup. Even thought it's at the end of its lifecycle, it's still the leader in the segment. What dash cam do you typically go with/have?
Old 11-20-20, 01:05 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 464 Likes on 308 Posts

Congratulations.
That is a beautiful car; more beautiful than the new model, and with most of the bugs ironed out.
The 7 Series is ultimately more sporty but less luxurious, and without the outstanding styling of Benz.
I knew you were waiting for a deal, and I knew better prices would come in time.

Old 11-20-20, 01:05 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Congrats, I think you will be happier in the S class, not the color combo I would pick but I don't have kids either and don't mind polishing darker colors/blacks every now and then. Good things come to those that wait and don't rush.

I saw a new 7 series with that huge snozz recently and it just looked ugly/odd, ruined the look, I don't car for its interior design either even if the quality is very good.
Old 11-20-20, 01:08 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Most excellent! I am very happy for you and that you didn't compromise and ended up with the car that you really wanted. I hope it treats you well and that you enjoy it. Congrats!
Old 11-20-20, 01:13 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Very nice choice! Love the exterior color.
One of my pet peeves is getting a new car when it's on its way out, about to be replaced by something all new. But the beauty of Mercedes is nearly every past model (especially S-Class) is a timeless classic, that ages gracefully and holds a high, lasting reputation. You just can't go wrong.
Old 11-20-20, 01:18 PM
ChronoR
Pole Position

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Oh it's beautiful. I hope you enjoy it greatly.
Old 11-20-20, 01:26 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Congrats - great spec 👍

Turn on the massage seats and press on the gas - you will quickly forget the LS.
Old 11-20-20, 01:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Congrats. I was convinced you would get the BMW, but in your heart I think you always wanted the S-Class. And it's leased so if there's any issues nbd.

Time to get a bigger house though, with a driveway fit for this beauty

Shall we go ahead and change your SN?
I was definitely doing the 750 but this is what I really wanted and the deal just worked out great.

Working on the driveway haha. It BARELY fits in my garage. That 2-3 inches more than the LS makes a difference.

I gotta think about what the SN change should be!

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congratulations, SW20MB

Is that Euromotorcars? I haven't been there for awhile, but I think I recognize the showroom(s) from the last time I sampled an E-Class there.

You should not have any complaint with the comfort-level in this vehicle....CR says the S-class is the best-riding sedan they have ever experienced.
Thanks buddy! Yep, Euro Motorcars in Germantown.

Originally Posted by Bob04
Beautiful. Congrats.
Thanks Bob!

Originally Posted by EZZ
Must feel goooood scratching that itch Congrats and i'm sure you'll be a happy camper for the next couple years.
Thanks! It does

Originally Posted by rominl
congrats, this is the right car for you

so what did they mean by matching the deal on the 7? making the payment the same as what you would get with the 7? if so that is an insane deal!
Thanks!

Yeah! They matched the payment on the 7 AND gave me $4k more for the LS than BMW was going to. I couldnt not do it. I was leaving and the manager literally chased me down the parking lot.

Originally Posted by pbm317
Man that is a great pickup. Even thought it's at the end of its lifecycle, it's still the leader in the segment. What dash cam do you typically go with/have?
Thanks! I have a Thinkware F800 Pro. I think I am going to have that installed in the Pacifica and get the new Thinkware U1000 4k dashcam for the Mercedes.

Originally Posted by peteharvey
Congratulations.
That is a beautiful car; more beautiful than the new model, and with most of the bugs ironed out.
The 7 Series is ultimately more sporty but less luxurious, and without the outstanding styling of Benz.
I knew you were waiting for a deal, and I knew better prices would come in time.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by UDel
Congrats, I think you will be happier in the S class, not the color combo I would pick but I don't have kids either and don't mind polishing darker colors/blacks every now and then. Good things come to those that wait and don't rush.

I saw a new 7 series with that huge snozz recently and it just looked ugly/odd, ruined the look, I don't car for its interior design either even if the quality is very good.
Thanks! Wasn't my first color choice either lol. Slim pickings, they're not making any more of them, and dealer stock isn't great especially with the AMG Sport Package. There was one in Tysons Corner that was magnetite black which is like a metallic black that was sharp, but it was RWD and didnt have the wood/leather wheel which I love. They wouldnt do this deal either even though that car was $5k cheaper.

Originally Posted by JDR76
Most excellent! I am very happy for you and that you didn't compromise and ended up with the car that you really wanted. I hope it treats you well and that you enjoy it. Congrats!
Thankya!

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Very nice choice! Love the exterior color.
One of my pet peeves is getting a new car when it's on its way out, about to be replaced by something all new. But the beauty of Mercedes is nearly every past model (especially S-Class) is a timeless classic, that ages gracefully and holds a high, lasting reputation. You just can't go wrong.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ChronoR
Oh it's beautiful. I hope you enjoy it greatly.
Thank you!

Just rolled over 100 miles:

Old 11-20-20, 01:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Congrats - great spec 👍

Turn on the massage seats and press on the gas - you will quickly forget the LS.
Thank you! I love the massage seats...my wife and kids love it too. We deliver pies to our clients for Thanksgiving, so lucky her she gets to drive it for a few days next week since I will need the Pacifica to haul the pies lol

Another thing, the headlights are INSANE.

Quick Reply: Well, its the end of an era....traded my LS460L in on a Mercedes S560