Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai/Kia recalls and lawsuits

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-24, 05:05 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,030 Likes on 814 Posts

It's been a couple of days without recalls, things are looking up for them. Haha
​​​​​​
Old 08-06-24, 07:17 AM
Arctic9048
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I traded in my 2022 Tucson last month. The only thing worse than owning a Hyundai was trying to get service.

The first issue I had was the skid plate came loose and it wasn’t even waterproofed — it came loose in heavy rain and was just soaked cardboard. Dealer told me it would be 30 days to get in. So I cut the part off that was scraping the ground. Dealer denied the warranty saying I must have hit something. I asked them what evidence they found to come to that conclusion and they said they found pine straw under my car. That’s it — pine straw.

Check engine light came on around 30k and it was vibrating anytime power was applied. I dropped it off. I asked for a loaner. They said you only get a loaner once they perform diagnostics to make sure it will be covered. I asked them how long that will be and they said 4-5 days. I ended up renting a car on my own. When I gave them the bill they said I had to seek reimbursement through corporate. Corporate did reimburse me (About $500 of the $550 because I exceeded their daily limit — I rented a full size sedan…) and had the audacity to call it “goodwill consideration” which I did not respond kindly to.

At around 47k, my car started to run rough. I even told my wife that morning that something was wrong with my car. By that afternoon, check engine light came on. I called the dealer…surprise, surprise — they’ll see me in 35 days.

I complained once to them about how ridiculous their “complimentary” oil changes are and how I can’t plan 45 days out to get an oil change. They told me it only takes me 45 days because I choose to schedule it and that if I just drop in that they’ll get it done within 4-5 days — for an oil change.

I kept hearing about all of the Hyundai thefts but sadly nobody ever stole my Hyundai. It’s never going to be a great financial decision to trade in a 3 year old car but boy did it feel great to turn those keys in. The last thing I wanted to do was have that car beyond warranty even though their warranty was like Tommy Callahan pooping in a box and marking it guaranteed.
Old 08-06-24, 11:44 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330
It's been a couple of days without recalls, things are looking up for them. Haha
​​​​​​
Not quite the United States

but…

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other...ia/ar-AA1ohDs2

Old 08-06-24, 03:31 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic9048
The last thing I wanted to do was have that car beyond warranty even though their warranty was like Tommy Callahan pooping in a box and marking it guaranteed.
Many Hyundai proponents will exult the company's generous warranty terms, but yes, a warranty is only as good as the company pooping in the box.

Sorry for your trials and tribulations. Maybe some of the Hyundai/Kia cheerleaders on CL can console you, or at least tell you why you are wrong regarding your experiences.

For your best odds in the future, go Lexus!
Old 08-06-24, 03:45 PM
Arctic9048
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson2000
Many Hyundai proponents will exult the company's generous warranty terms, but yes, a warranty is only as good as the company pooping in the box.

Sorry for your trials and tribulations. Maybe some of the Hyundai/Kia cheerleaders on CL can console you, or at least tell you why you are wrong regarding your experiences.

For your best odds in the future, go Lexus!
I did. I traded it in for a 2025 NX350h.
Old 08-06-24, 04:51 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

And that experience is what so so so many people have to deal with, I hate even ordering parts from them since the incompetence is off the charts.
Old 08-06-24, 06:59 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

And the Genesis G70 is recalled as well

https://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/n...sk/ar-AA1olZcz
Old 08-07-24, 08:30 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 727 Likes on 455 Posts

If we're really reduced to posting recalls of 166 cars, surely it's time for this absolute turd of a thread to be laid to rest.
Old 08-29-24, 05:27 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...es/ar-AA1pxWUK
Old 09-07-24, 02:21 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...ar/ar-AA1pWvkd
Old 09-07-24, 02:24 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
And that experience is what so so so many people have to deal with, I hate even ordering parts from them since the incompetence is off the charts.
How many parts you have to order?
Old 09-07-24, 10:55 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Just join few Hyundai/Kia model facebook groups and the trainwreck of quality and personal suffering will become apparent in one day. Sadly, the exact same thing is happening at the new Chevy Traverse group. That thing is a super piece of junk.
Old 09-08-24, 04:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Just join few Hyundai/Kia model facebook groups and the trainwreck of quality and personal suffering will become apparent in one day.

See my comment below.

Sadly, the exact same thing is happening at the new Chevy Traverse group. That thing is a super piece of junk.
What do you base that statement on? And what do you mean by the Chevy Traverse "Group"?

People on Facebook, Instagram, Tik-Tok, and other chat-groups can (and often do) say just about anything. Consumer Reports, on the other hand, when they rate a vehicle's reliability, they use official statements, experience, and questionnaire-answers from owners, not just social-media chat.

Now, having said that, CR does, in fact, rate the Traverse somewhat below average in reliability, but that is not necessarily a "train wreck" or a "super piece of junk", as you phrase it. And, on the average, if you look at all of their models across the board, in general, Ford and Stellantis vehicles seem to have more (and more pronounced) problems than GM.
Old 09-08-24, 10:41 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
See my comment below.

What do you base that statement on? And what do you mean by the Chevy Traverse "Group"?

People on Facebook, Instagram, Tik-Tok, and other chat-groups can (and often do) say just about anything. Consumer Reports, on the other hand, when they rate a vehicle's reliability, they use official statements, experience, and questionnaire-answers from owners, not just social-media chat.

Now, having said that, CR does, in fact, rate the Traverse somewhat below average in reliability, but that is not necessarily a "train wreck" or a "super piece of junk", as you phrase it. And, on the average, if you look at all of their models across the board, in general, Ford and Stellantis vehicles seem to have more (and more pronounced) problems than GM.
The Facebook page for the new 2024 Chevy Traverse. It's a feeding frenzy at the moment for transmission failures and other engine problems. Many people are backing out of their orders and others are hiring lawyers.
Old 09-09-24, 07:52 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Source

Quick Reply: Hyundai/Kia recalls and lawsuits