Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Supercarblondie reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-20, 08:20 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

She's basically the female equivalent of Shmee- not so much a reviewer as a brand promoter. She even had an episode shared with Richard Hammond and James May of Top Gear fame. The personality she presents in her videos is rather vapid and unknowledgeable. But hey, attractive girls and exotic cars is a selling formula that's worked for over a century now.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
To her credit (although it came from another thread, not this one), she did point out a very nice feature in the new Hyundai Azera..the camera that activates with the turn-signal lever and shows you a picture of the lane next to you when you are trying to merge and want to make sure it's clear. An excellent feature....in fact, Genesis, Hyundai's upmarket division, would be wise to adopt it if they have not already done so.
Literally every Hyundai/Kia/Genesis with a digital gauge cluster has this feature. It's nothing new.
Old 12-01-20, 09:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
rather vapid and unknowledgeable. But hey, attractive girls and exotic cars is a selling formula that's worked for over a century now.
....Which, IMO, is ridiculous. One does not go to a beauty contest to look at or buy a vehicle....or vice-versa.

I see the same nonsense at the D.C. Auto Show each year.....fashion-models and/or women heavily painted with make-up, on the turntables with the vehicles, trying to dazzle the audience with glamour and their "knowledge"....which, in truth, is usually just lines read or memorized off a script-sheet.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-02-20 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-01-20, 10:09 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm pretty certain that most people watching scantily-clad women climb on top of V12 Lamborghinis have no intention of ever buying a Lamborghini. Cars, women, and wealth are all seen by the general public as "desirable and out of reach." It's not selling the product, but the fantasized glamorous lifestyle. At the end of the day, these baser instincts are easier to market to a wide audience and spread brand awareness than Alex's spec sheet comparisons.
Old 12-01-20, 10:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,659 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Holy rainbow vomit it has spread from the PC world to autos. It does look nice though and I'm sure you can turn it off.
Turn what off? Not sure what you're referring to.
Old 12-01-20, 10:18 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,069 Likes on 2,580 Posts

Thought it was very obvious.
R
G
B

It has infected the computer world and now has spread to automobiles.
Old 12-01-20, 10:20 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,659 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Thought it was very obvious.
R
G
B

It has infected the computer world and now has spread to automobiles.
was it in one of the videos? Sorry, didn't watch any mentioned in this thread.
Old 12-02-20, 10:02 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,777 Likes on 1,984 Posts

....Which, IMO, is ridiculous. One does not go to a beauty contest to look at or buy a vehicle....or vice-versa.

I see the same nonsense at the D.C. Auto Show each year.....fashion-models and/or women heavily painted with make-up, on the turntables with the vehicles, trying to dazzle the audience with glamour and their "knowledge"....which, in truth, is usually just lines read or memorized off a script-sheet.
Sex sells Mike lol. Predominantly car enthusiasts are guys, and most guys also like to look at attractive women. So, makes sense.
Old 12-02-20, 10:21 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
Forum Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

At least she's hot. I have wasted time watching worse things
Old 12-14-20, 04:02 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts

She says it needs more power
Old 12-14-20, 06:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
At least she's hot. I have wasted time watching worse things

I guess almost anything beats looking at a desert landscape in Iraq and/or being shot at.
Old 12-14-20, 07:29 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Sex sells Mike lol. Predominantly car enthusiasts are guys, and most guys also like to look at attractive women. So, makes sense.

Here's my idea of a lady who basically knows her stuff...although she stated a couple of errors in the specs, she basically knows what she is talking about, and most of what she says can be considered credible. She presents the product in a sensible, pragmatic, objective way...not with make-up, glamour, and cue-card reading LOL.

Old 12-15-20, 08:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Here's my idea of a lady who basically knows her stuff...although she stated a couple of errors in the specs, she basically knows what she is talking about, and most of what she says can be considered credible. She presents the product in a sensible, pragmatic, objective way...not with make-up, glamour, and cue-card reading LOL.
I'll choose to look at supercar blondie thanks lol she has 5.17M subscribers, and the woman you posted has 35,000 so I don't think I'm alone.
Old 12-15-20, 11:32 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I'll choose to look at supercar blondie thanks lol she has 5.17M subscribers, and the woman you posted has 35,000 so I don't think I'm alone.
I'll agree on the numbers, but, in my book, good taste is not always measured by numbers alone.

Old 12-15-20, 12:41 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

She doesn’t do reviews- more like sponsored marketing that has broad appeal. I doubt any car person watches her videos.

Also - I think its a wig and not her hair since she always wear a hat. 🤷‍♂️ Only could stomach watching 1-2min of her content.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 12-15-20 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-15-20, 12:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
She doesn’t do reviews- more like sponsored marketing that has broad appeal. I doubt any car person watches her videos.
I would take that bet...

Quick Reply: Supercarblondie reviews