Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Supercarblondie reviews

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-21, 05:54 PM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 271 Likes on 195 Posts

hot women and hot cars, peanut butter and jelly
Old 04-24-21, 07:23 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm not surprised by her comments in the least bit knowing what she owns and has access to. Many videos of her driving concept cars (even if they were mainly display vehicles and in closed parking lots) and of course every multimillion dollar production vehicle ever.

Arguably it's second best attribute is the exhaust note (which so many people love) and she was like "meh!!" It's all relative. It's probably like a Corolla to her. Lol.

Last edited by GFerg; 04-24-21 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-24-21, 07:34 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers2
I guess I look at it differently.
Congrats to her...How can you get mad at a person for being attractive? It's the way life is..sorry. Attractive people get more attention than ugly people. Preception is everything.
Also, consider that much of what looks like beauty, on the surface, especially in front of cameras, is often 90% make-up. Take a look at that person when he or she gets up out of bed first thing in the morning, and you may see something quite different.

Would you take money advice from a poor person?
Absolutely I would, in some circumstances. First, some things in life are more important than money. Second, while there is nothing wrong with actually having money (I have a fair amount of it myself, although I'm not considered that rich for my high-income area), it can be, and often is, the root of many evils. Third, I freely choose, for several reasons, to live a more frugal life-style than my income actually allows.
Old 04-24-21, 08:16 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 295 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Also, consider that much of what looks like beauty, on the surface, especially in front of cameras, is often 90% make-up. Take a look at that person when he or she gets up out of bed first thing in the morning, and you may see something quite different.
+1

abcdefg

Last edited by sdls; 04-24-21 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-24-21, 08:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,659 Posts

I guess I look at it differently.
Congrats to her...How can you get mad at a person for being attractive? It's the way life is..sorry.
It's funny though, beauty is fleeting. When watching this video i realized it had probably been more than a year since i saw one of her videos, and this time i felt she'd aged quite a bit.

Originally Posted by swajames
It’s a mistake to assume (or to imply or to suggest) that Porsche is all about brand, and that they are bought just because of that brand.

It would be a mistake because their cars are really good. Genuinely excellent. Absolutely at the top of their game, and never more so than with the 911 (esoterica aside).

I’ve had the pleasure of several recent 911’s in my garage. They are superb to own and drive, and quite simply about the best in their class.
Porsches are awesome, and unique. The older ones didn't have a lot of low end torque but these days with everything being turbocharged or hybrid, etc. and now even full electric (Taycan), they fly.

Porsche obviously has a wide range of models now and TONS of variants and customization for each, which is what makes them special. You also pay out the *** for all that.

i could have gotten a 911 instead of my LC500, but i'm glad i got the LC. Neither choice is bad or wrong!

and porsche's reputation is WELL deserved. Hard to believe they almost went out of business just before vw snapped them up.
Old 04-24-21, 08:57 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Just gave her LC video a watch. For some reason she's impressed by the car's basic ability to lock its doors with the door handles, and wishes "more cars had this feature."

Yeah, I doubt she or her audience have much knowledge about cars.
Old 04-25-21, 01:35 AM
Fandi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have watched 3 or 4 vids...
Her presenting style is kind of meh for me. Maybe because of Vlog's style or the way of her talks? sometimes quite exagerrated
ahh dunno..

I prefer watching this one, quite good too

or this
This one a bit dramatic, but still funny to watch

Last edited by Fandi; 04-25-21 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Adding links
Old 04-25-21, 11:57 AM
Lead Lap

Received 794 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
cliff notes:
she says for the same money you can get a porsche and it has more prestige "which is a shame".
translation: i'm a shallow brand snob and want to impress people.
well that is pretty much Dubai and the lifestyle image of her channel. Think of her as a modern interpretation of lifestyle magazines you see in airport lounges where every second page is an advert for luxury items.

Old 04-27-21, 07:40 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I've saw some.
Those reviews where abysmally bad, with practicly no content to speak of, just a woman making "aaaah, ooooh, this is car..." and so on.
I believe it was some random influencer showing her **** for money and blocked the channel as a whole.
I also met some video where she was accused to have been invovled in some strange scam for a fake car.

In the big line, there is nothing lot to say, with the exception that a car enthousiast should pass her and go for more precise channels where things are properly explained and shown.
Old 04-27-21, 08:11 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Benoit
I've saw some.
Those reviews where abysmally bad, with practicly no content to speak of, just a woman making "aaaah, ooooh, this is car..." and so on.
Though the show was cancelled this year because of the pandemic, that's typically what we see at the annual D.C. auto show from at least some (not all) of the auto-manufacturers....marketing their latest products up on a turntable with make-up-laden women in flashy suits, or equally-made-up guys with impeccably-fitted/tailor-made buisness-suits. I shake my head every time I see that.......as if vehicles can be judged by what people wear and how smooth they talk on stage. And, it often turns out that we, as car enthusiasts, know more about the product than they do.....much of the time, they simply read (or memorize) their species off of script-cards.

There were some exceptions, though. I remember, back the 90s, one girl, with long blonde hair, who worked at the Isuzu display...the Isuzu reps, back then, had very nice company-suits with long pants...certainly not what one would call flashy, and a lot more agreeable than the silly Joe-Isuzu ads on TV LOL. She was very friendly, outgoing, and seemed to be very relaxed and honest around me...no hard-sell stuff. I saw her there every year for a while (I have some old pictures of me and her at the show, which aren't digital so I can't post them), and then she was working at the Saab display for a couple of years (in more or less the same-type-suit), and then finally at Cadillac. She trusted me enough that she asked me for advice on what to replace her Tahoe with, and we discussed some alternatives. Suddenly, one year, she wasn't working there any more, and one of her colleagues told me she had gotten married and apparently had a new life.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-27-21 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-28-21, 02:08 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Absolutely I would, in some circumstances. First, some things in life are more important than money. Second, while there is nothing wrong with actually having money (I have a fair amount of it myself, although I'm not considered that rich for my high-income area), it can be, and often is, the root of many evils. Third, I freely choose, for several reasons, to live a more frugal life-style than my income actually allows.

Your response is very general so I don't know what you are implying. But if you're referring to superblondegirl or whatever. I'm pretty sure a lot of people find her attractive. Judging by her subscribers.
Attractive people get more attention than ugly people it's a simple fact. Sure you would listen to a broke person over a wealthy person. Yeh right. Everybody would do something under certain circumstances. As you see I live in the DC metro. It's plenty of people with money in this area so that's nothing new.
Old 04-28-21, 03:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Your response is very general so I don't know what you are implying. But if you're referring to superblondegirl or whatever. I'm pretty sure a lot of people find her attractive. Judging by her subscribers.
I have effective replies to your points, but if I posted them here, they would probably be considered too political or philosophical, so if you want to see them, PM me.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-28-21 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-29-21, 03:45 AM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Agreed. Scrape away all of the makeup, hair dye, hair extensions, Spanx, tights, padded bras, breast implants, etc. and you realize that often times "beauty" is an illusion. There's a lot of frauding out there. Fake eyelashes, fake lips, fake hair, fake faces, fake skin, fake nails, fake *****, fake bodies, fake height, fake tans, fake personalities.
Old 04-29-21, 07:11 PM
MaXpeedingRods
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I have watched some of her videos.