Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 North American Car, Truck, and Utility of the Year Finalists

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-20, 11:20 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Default 2021 North American Car, Truck, and Utility of the Year Finalists

Nine Finalists for 2021 NACTOY Awards Announced

Car of the Year:
Genesis G80 – photos and B-roll
Hyundai Elantra – photos and B-Roll
Nissan Sentra –photos and B-roll

Truck of the Year:
Ford F-150 – photos and B-roll
Jeep Gladiator Mojave – photos and B-Roll
Ram 1500 TRX – photos and B-roll

Utility Vehicle of the Year:
Ford Mustang Mach E – photos and B-roll
Genesis GV80 – photos and B-roll
Land Rover Defender – photos and B-roll
Here were the semifinalists:

https://northamericancaroftheyear.or...semifinalists/

Last edited by Motorola; 12-17-20 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-17-20, 11:23 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

G80
TRX
MachE

If they have not decided yet
Old 12-17-20, 11:33 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

G80
1500 TRX
Defender

Would be my guesses. Very surprised the Model Y didn't make finals and Mach-E did
Old 12-17-20, 11:40 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Would be my guesses. Very surprised the Model Y didn't make finals and Mach-E did
Tesla didn't make the Model Y available for jury testing.
Old 12-17-20, 11:41 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Motorola
Tesla didn't make the Model Y available for jury testing.
Ah, well there we have it haha. Makes sense.

I guess we'll see the Bronco on next years list of finalists
Old 12-17-20, 11:44 AM
Hoovey689

2021 NACTOY Semifinalists:

Car of the Year
Acura TLX
Cadillac CT4/CT4-V
Genesis G80
Hyundai Elantra family (includes N Line and HEV)
Kia K5
Mercedes-Benz E Class Sedan, All-Terrain, Coupe, Cabriolet
Nissan Sentra
Polestar 2

Utility of the Year
Cadillac Escalade
Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban
Chevrolet Trailblazer
Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Mustang Mach E
Genesis GV80
Hyundai Santa Fe
Kia Seltos
Kia Sorento
Land Rover Defender
Mazda CX-30
Nissan Rogue
Toyota RAV4 Prime
Toyota Venza
Volvo XC40 P8 Recharge

Truck of the Year
Ford Super Duty
Ford F-150
Ram 1500 TRX
Jeep Gladiator Mojave

Old 12-17-20, 01:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I don't know why the Bronco itself is not on the list ....just the smaller Bronco Sport. The Bronco would be my vote for SUV of the year, hands-down. Nothing else even comes close. I'd go with the Gladiator Mojave for Truck of the Year......haven't made up my mind on the sedans yet.

Trending Topics

Old 12-17-20, 01:29 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 656 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I don't know why the Bronco itself is not on the list ....just the smaller Bronco Sport. The Bronco would be my vote for SUV of the year, hands-down. Nothing else even comes close. I'd go with the Gladiator Mojave for Truck of the Year......haven't made up my mind on the sedans yet.
Probably just due to the availability, the full-size Bronco got pushed back even further and the first deliveries aren't expected until maybe mid 2021 at this point. Ford has been reaching out to reservation holders over the past couple weeks to update them on the scheduling changes.
Old 12-17-20, 03:37 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by swajames
Probably just due to the availability, the full-size Bronco got pushed back even further and the first deliveries aren't expected until maybe mid 2021 at this point. Ford has been reaching out to reservation holders over the past couple weeks to update them on the scheduling changes.
I'm certain I read the Bronco Sport comes before the Bronco, so I agree you'll see it on the list next year
Old 12-17-20, 03:47 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 656 Likes on 410 Posts

Here's the text of the email we got from Ford:

Hello,

We know you are excited to get your new Ford Bronco™, and we are committed to delivering a high‑quality product as soon as we can.

As a result of the unprecedented effects of the COVID‑19 pandemic on our suppliers, we have updated timing news to share with you.

While we originally communicated that your Ford Dealer would begin reaching out in December to schedule an order consultation and place your order, this process will now begin in mid‑January and extend through mid‑March. As a reminder, your order cannot be placed online; however, you are encouraged to spec your Bronco using the For*d*.*co*m Build & Price tool ahead of your dealer consultation and save a copy to help when you place your order.

Your reservation* timestamp, and not the date that you place your order with your dealer, will be used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. Other factors for final delivery timing include vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

In May 2021, once we review all submitted orders and can forecast production, we will provide you with an estimated window of when you can expect to take delivery of your Bronco. Initial customer deliveries are now expected to begin in summer 2021. Given demand, we anticipate deliveries to continue through the 2022 calendar year, with some customers getting a 2022 model‑year Bronco.

As part of your upcoming owner experience, you will have the opportunity to participate in our FordPass™ Rewards loyalty program. At your time of delivery, you will earn 42,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $200 value) to use toward maintenance, service, accessories and much more at your local Ford Dealer. As a thank‑you for your patience and interest in Bronco, we are adding an additional 20,000 FordPass Rewards Points when you take delivery of your Ford Bronco. That’s 62,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $300 value) to use toward accessories, maintenance and service at your local Ford Dealer.** We will share more regarding FordPass Rewards and its benefits as you get closer to taking delivery of your Ford Bronco.

If you have any questions, please contact your Ford Dealer. You can also contact Ford Motor Company’s Marketing Program Headquarters at 80*0‑33*4‑*43*75 or view our FAQs here.

Sincerely,

The Ford Bronco Team
Old 12-17-20, 04:00 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
To be honest, the Bronco would have a very difficult time with the Defender.
Old 12-18-20, 06:16 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I found it hilarious that these journalists posted this announcement on twitter and all over the media, and they had the wrong, outgoing G80 pictured in their initial media images.

Top Center....

Old 12-20-20, 09:50 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 485 Likes on 421 Posts

I really don't get Ford using the iconic ''Mustang'' nameplate on their electric vehicle for. I would of thought/figured that Ford could come up w/ a one off unique name. Yea I kinda get why Chevy used the Blazer name on its new cuv as most ppl use it as mall crawlers, which sell in bigger numbers at a lower price point. Be interesting on the sales profits of the mass sales of the Blazers vs the higher cost of the Bronco's, which I like btw. Two different vehicles.....Ford right now is having supplier issues as the '21 150's pile up at body at Claycomo plant two....as well as trim...The new Ram TRX is locomotive stout & fast for the weight as well as the Defender.....If GM can get their 4 & 6 cylinder engines sorted- squared away for the ct4 & V series as they have the suspension nailed down.....Similar to their cuv xt's.....different reviewers were mentioning the engine wasn't up to snuff, ect.....But then a few reviewers were mentioning 'bout the 4 cylinder in the XC90 vs the 6 cylinders in the other vehicles........Seems like that 4 in the the Mercedes glc pulls pretty good thou.......