Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

santa delivers an lc500...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-20 | 09:23 AM
swajames
Pole Position

That’s a beauty. Congrats!
Old 12-25-20 | 09:28 AM
matts6887
Racer

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
car had 14mi. when i picked it up, and then i had the 10mi. drive home, which was definitely FUN, but a bit nerve-racking driving it (and any LC) for the FIRST TIME.

wow! very very nice!!! wish i had the money for something like that!

Last edited by matts6887; 12-25-20 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-25-20 | 11:53 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Oooooo! Ahhhh! A thing of beauty every which way! Enjoy and congrats!!!
Old 12-25-20 | 11:59 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Congratulations. Welcome to the cool guys club. We should have a secret handshake or something. 😀Nothing looks better than a clean black LC500. First mod should be tinted windows. 👍🏾

Last edited by KayGee; 12-25-20 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-25-20 | 12:59 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Outstanding! Nice ride! Did you buy or lease this one?
Old 12-25-20 | 01:00 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

lol, probably true. right now the camry's sitting a lot because i might as well drive the g90 until i have to give it back and the miles are so low.

have also contemplated buying the g90 out of the lease and selling the camry. then i'll have a g90 beater

i want to get ppf+ceramic soon on the LC to protect it from the elements/bugs.
Fly me out and ill do the ceramic for free. 😁
Old 12-25-20 | 01:23 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
CL Folding 10,000

Congratulations on the new LC! You made an awesome choice and I know you’re going to love that car.

Post some more pictures if you have the time. Caviar looks amazing on the LC.
Old 12-25-20 | 01:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Wow, congratulations, I didn't even know you were fond of the LC. Was it a spontaneous decision or were eyeing it for a while?
i've been drooling over it for a while, but wasn't sure i wanted to do something so irrational. then 2020 happened. and 2021 ain't looking so hot either at least first half.

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Outstanding! Nice ride! Did you buy or lease this one?
Bought it. It's a keeper.

Originally Posted by Kira X
Congratulations on the new LC! You made an awesome choice and I know you’re going to love that car.
Post some more pictures if you have the time. Caviar looks amazing on the LC.
Thank you! Here's a pic when i stopped by the neighbor's today...

My neighbor's a serious car guy and wanted to see it. His comment, wow, it's gorgeous from every angle!
Old 12-25-20 | 01:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
congratulations paul, this is awesome!!!
thanks my friend!

is it because of covid so you didn't go to dealership and had them deliver the car instead? and you chose to have it delivered 10 miles away from home?
Ah, no, let me explain!

so i bought the car from plaza lexus in St. Louis MO! Pretty straightforward to deal with and the sales buy, Brett Harness was GREAT. While i could have flown up there and driven it back (over 900 miles!) i decided to have it transported instead. The transport driver wanted to meet 10 mi. from the house as it was more convenient for him and of course he has that giant tractor trailer. So that's why i got to drive it 10 miles from the drop off back to my home.

Old 12-25-20 | 01:49 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

so, as some of you know, i have 2 cars:
- a 'beater' very low miles boring white 2014 camry that i acquired (bought) recently and will run forever.
- a very nice 2018 genesis g90 that's leased and that ends in march.

i've been mulling over what's 'next' after the genesis, and whether i needed another car at all.

but with a year like this has been, and the fact that i still love cars, i decided yes, i would get another car. but what, what? another genesis? maybe the new gv80 some speculated i would get? as nice as it is, i just wasn't feeling it.

but something ENTIRELY different has been calling my name for a while, and today, santa delivered it.

One interesting tidbit to the new life of your LC... the trailer it was delivered in is a former Triple Crown unit. These unique trailers were called "Roadrailers," as they did not ride on a traditional flatcar but used their own detachable rail bogies (wheels). The service started in 1986 to transport auto parts from Detroit to Kansas City. Today the service still exists, and has expanded. But these older Wabash trailers are finding new purpose, and here an ironic twist still delivering auto-related products!
Old 12-25-20 | 01:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and appreciation of this fine car.

Originally Posted by stasek
I’m tempted to pick up a toy myself - the Camaro LT1s with the 6.2 can be leased for around $300/month, Only issue is - I really don’t need 5th car in the driveway 😂.
Haha, yeah, 5 is a lot. i'm a simple guy and feel guilty having 3 right now for a couple of months.

Originally Posted by natnut
I guess watching all those Exhaust Sports Auto videos on his LC500 must have influenced you subconsciously. Kevin must be pleased his subliminal brainwashing worked (joking).​​​​
now that's funny, maybe you saw my comments on his videos? Yes his videos did influence me, as well as savagegeese, and others.

all the light and heat right now (from reviews) is on the convertible right now, but i didn't want the convertible for a few reasons:
- more money
- can't get performanc package for it
- didn't want a convertible this time

Originally Posted by davyjordi
edit: you have to update regarding what sort of fuel economy you're getting because i'm seriously considering getting this car at the end of 2021!
If fuel economy is a factor this probably isn't the vehicle for you. i haven't looked at fuel economy, and it's certainly not that meaningful so far having only done about 30 miles. From what i've read you'll get between 14 and 30 depending on your right foot.

Originally Posted by KayGee
Congratulations. Welcome to the cool guys club. We should have a secret handshake or something. 😀Nothing looks better than a clean black LC500. First mod should be tinted windows. 👍🏾
Thanks... tint is in the plans, but probably the ppf/ceramic coat first.
Old 12-25-20 | 01:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
One interesting tidbit to the new life of your LC... the trailer it was delivered in is a former Triple Crown unit. These unique trailers were called "Roadrailers," as they did not ride on a traditional flatcar but used their own detachable rail bogies (wheels). The service started in 1986 to transport auto parts from Detroit to Kansas City. Today the service still exists, and has expanded. But these older Wabash trailers are finding new purpose, and here an ironic twist still delivering auto-related products!
​​​​​​
​Interesting Fizzboy7, thanks. I'm glad my car was 'last on, first off', as you can see in my transport pic, there's a car ABOVE mine, which is a lambo.
Old 12-25-20 | 02:32 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

If fuel economy is a factor this probably isn't the vehicle for you. i haven't looked at fuel economy, and it's certainly not that meaningful so far having only done about 30 miles. From what i've read you'll get between 14 and 30 depending on your right foot.
30 isn't bad if i can use the car as my daily driver as well as my fun weekend toy. one car for all purposes, save for practicality i suppose, but that can be overlooked.
Old 12-25-20 | 02:34 PM
natnut
Pole Position

If fuel economy is a factor,LC500h is a possible alternative. Same looks, slightly less performance and no V8 soundtrack.
Old 12-25-20 | 02:47 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by natnut
If fuel economy is a factor,LC500h is a possible alternative. Same looks, slightly less performance and no V8 soundtrack.
that would be an option only if i were leasing, but if i were to be set on acquiring this car, i'm buying it, because as OP stated, it's a keeper for sure. i can deal with more frequent trips to the gas station, they'd just be minor inconveniences.

Quick Reply: santa delivers an lc500...