Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

santa delivers an lc500...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-20, 12:19 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

^^^I definitely notice a difference with different drive modes. For me Sport+ is just too aggressive. Sport mode is fine, but wont shift above 8th gear. My mode of choice is Custom. For Custom mode I chose Normal for engine performance and Sport for the suspension setting. Works for me

Lou

Old 12-30-20, 12:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,480 Likes on 1,630 Posts

good info lou, thanks.
Old 12-30-20, 12:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

about the convertible... another reason i didn't get it that while it looks drop dead gorgeous with the roof down, like most verts, with the roof up, not so much.

i like how the roof line curves into the back on the coupe WAY more.

as convertibles go though, it's incredible. i just wish they'd taken out the back seats entirely and made the trunk still useful somehow.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 12-30-20 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-30-20, 02:11 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow, congratulations!! Enjoy it. Awesome car.

Having driven this car at Lexus events for small amount of time and pushing it, I know you will enjoy it greatly.

As for aftermarket wheels, there is a former member from here that has ADV.1 ADV05F wheels on his LC and they look awesome. I think he promotes them. Not that you’re interested.

Ed
Old 12-30-20, 02:17 PM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Seeing that enclosed auto carrier that delivered it to you makes me wonder why Lexus still ships these cars to dealers in regular open car haulers like it was a Corolla or something. At least that's the way I see them being hauled in the Southeastern part of the US. Even the convertibles are being shipped that way. I would have figured Lexus would use enclosed carriers for those cars. Unless since there's so few of them it wouldn't be economically viable to ship them enclosed. It just struck me that for Lexus to say how special of a car it is they're really not treating them special from port to dealership.
Old 12-30-20, 06:36 PM
Aznkid770
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Nice!! Congrats.

Been drooling over this and the GSF for a long while now. Been ready forever now.
been waiting for the LCF to come out. At waited patiently as everyone said to me it wasn't gonna happen for years. Then got good news like 2 years ago. That Lexus was gonna do it. Then recently heard rumors that it won't happen anymore. So I'm kinda passed. I'm going to wait for another year. If I don't see the new LCF. Then I'm buying a 400z or supra new one or mark 4. As a mod car for crazy power build.
Or buy a already fast car new GT-R or NSX also on the list. Which I'm leaning towards the gtr or nsx.
Old 12-30-20, 10:59 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Dude!!! Wow Paul... Congrats!!! You're Back in the "L" game.. haha

Love your car, I'm considering an LC myself, either go ALL out or go for a cheaply Mustang GT.. LOL
Old 12-31-20, 06:40 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Dude!!! Wow Paul... Congrats!!! You're Back in the "L" game.. haha
thanks, and yeah

Love your car, I'm considering an LC myself, either go ALL out or go for a cheaply Mustang GT.. LOL
definitely not the same, lol. the mustang gives good grunt and noises for the $ but obviously isn't refined or luxurious like the LC. it has a bigger trunk and back seats though.

Old 12-31-20, 10:34 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
about the convertible... another reason i didn't get it that while it looks drop dead gorgeous with the roof down, like most verts, with the roof up, not so much.

i like how the roof line curves into the back on the coupe WAY more.

as convertibles go though, it's incredible. i just wish they'd taken out the back seats entirely and made the trunk still useful somehow.
Agree with you with the tan convertible roof, and yes I like the roof line of the coupe more, but I think it looks a lot better with the black convertible roof even when the roof is up.
Lexus would never bother to change the seats configuration of LC just to make a convertible version, it will cost them more.
Old 12-31-20, 10:44 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Agree with you with the tan convertible roof, and yes I like the roof line of the coupe more, but I think it looks a lot better with the black convertible roof even when the roof is up.
yes a black convertible roof looks better on a dark car. my problem with it and most convertible roofs is it looks so small compared to the size of the body of the car. anyway, it's a privilege to own either the coupe or vert of this rare car!!!

Last edited by bitkahuna; 12-31-20 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-01-21, 04:28 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Just at the right time :

Old 01-01-21, 05:26 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 493 Likes on 393 Posts

I was at the Lexus dealer yesterday and was drooling over the convertible LC in the showroom (with the top down). In person, I like the stock wheels better than I liked them in the photos.

The wheels are heavy because they are huge! Light-weight wheels improve the performance and "feel" of a vehicle based solely on my experience.

The best argument for changing wheels would be to preserve the factory wheels for the future collectibility of the car. In other words, save the OEM wheels for when you are ready to part ways with it. Then again, if I owned one, I would take it to my grave!
Old 01-01-21, 06:08 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Good questions. i blame it all on getting the Camry. an opportunity came to buy that with such low miles and i know the owner who had taken meticulous care of it, so if i was going to get a fairly practical car for 'transportation', carrying all my computer/network junk and tools etc., it seemed like a good idea. So i got that, as you know, a couple of months ago, and it's great for what it is.

So having that vehicle i can park anywhere and not care if it gets a ding or whatever, is handy.

next, as you know the G90's about to go back. So 3 choices at least at that point:
1) return it and get nothing else (drive the camry)
2) buy the g90 (and have 2 sedans)
3) return it and get something else (have the camry and another car)

About these options:
1) while practical, too boring. Falls under the "life is too short if you love cars".
2) of interest, but although it's been great, i've no idea what the g90 might be like out of warranty. Plus having 2 sedans just didn't seem that interesting. The g90 is also very long and maybe i was just feeling something shorter might be nice, even an suv would be a lot shorter unless i got an escalade.
3) could replace the g90, sure, but as you say, with what? The gv80 being a brand new suv meant i would probably have leased one after turning in the g90. But right now it's in very limited supply. Plus, the gv80 has aspects i don't like, the giant chrome strip along the side, the blingy 22" rims on the top trim, for example. I did begin thinking, well if the gv80 or any mid size suv is of interest, and if i'm even contemplating something like the lc500 instead and its price point, then why not a mercedes gle 450 or even 580 or something? I liked the idea of an air suspension on an suv and genesis will alway be an also ran until they offer that. The mercedes suv idea went out the window when i tried to configure one and decipher what was available out there. I know some mercedes buyers buy for the badge and don't fret much over which options, and others may not mind wading through reams of combinations, but i found it totally irritating. Plus on websites you'd find 2 gle's in stock showing the SAME options but at several thousands apart in price. I could never figure out why. Plus i began thinking if i was interested in a 'keeper', mercedes wasn't it. Goodness knows what some of its features cost to fix out of warranty.
I did consider the tesla s, y, and x. But many weirdnesses about them turned me off. Plus it's evolving so fast i suspect many current teslas will become obsolete fast.

As i said, it's all the Camry's fault. Because i already have a 'practical' vehicle (albeit not with the space of an suv but at least the rear seats fold down), so i kept coming back to thinking maybe my second car should be a fun car. And after this year? It kept moving up in appeal.

the lc500 is clearly one of a kind. Unique looks, unique features, a proven v8, a flexible transmission that can shift VERY quickly in fast driving, and very smoothly and seamlessly in slower driving. Is it perfect? No, i'll cover that some other time, but no vehicle is. It's old school in a number of ways even though it's only been on the market 4 years. What i did know from owning a couple of other lexus and seeing where and how the LC is built is that the quality of this vehicle would be impeccable, and long lasting. I liked that it was one of the last naturally aspirated v8 grand touring sporty cars. And being a techie, even though the car is missing some features on my g90, it has a lot of tech and each year they've added a bit more, so i knew i could live with what it does have plus i can use the phone apps now too.

So once i'd become very interested it was a question of finding what i wanted and seeing if i could get what i considered a fair price. A month later, here we are.

About the quality, it's everything and more that i expected. It appears to be flawless. Mine also has the carbon fiber roof which is amazing, and the metallic particles in the paint and the paint job itself are amazing to my untrained eye. And the interior materials... well the videos and pictures don't do it justice.

Thanks, and i agree about best looking. The LFA certainly sounds more like a race car (because it basically is), but that's now an old car and WAY out of my price range, lol. As for those other vehicles, glad you're being sarcastic.

Thank you! It's good to have a Lexus again.
As "irrational" an LC purchase is (and so was my RC F at the time), there is logic to your reasoning to which you've achieved a wonderful balance in your garage.

The LC is a stunner backed by that melodious V8. Spoil us with more pics and sound clips too!!!

Huge congrats . Enjoy and all the best in 2021!
Old 01-01-21, 07:27 PM
Lead Lap

Received 790 Likes on 536 Posts

Does anyone have the limited Aviation edition with the spoiler, carbon roof and special interior trims?

https://lexus.jp/models/lc/features/aviation/
Old 01-01-21, 07:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 703
Does anyone have the limited Aviation edition with the spoiler, carbon roof and special interior trims?

https://lexus.jp/models/lc/features/aviation/
That was only released in Japan I believe. I like some aspects but not the huge wing.

Quick Reply: santa delivers an lc500...