Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-21, 01:03 PM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Update on purchase gone bad! I get a text from my saleskid today with a shot of the new cost breakdown for the exchange vehicle coming any day. This is the exact same specked out car as the one I purchased without ever receiving except it has a wheel package on it for $1500. It is $2000 higher even though we agreed they were going to swap out the wheels and tires because I prefer the higher profile setup. After I say WTF they say they will give my $500 off that even though they are keeping the premium wheels and tires to put on the original car. So now I say what is the other $500 for. Well true I saw the MSRP's and the car went up $500 from the factory in one month. I pretty much said I'm not spending a penny over my original contract so hopefully they can fix the problem this week.
Old 10-12-21, 05:20 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennyr44
Update on purchase gone bad! I get a text from my saleskid today with a shot of the new cost breakdown for the exchange vehicle coming any day. This is the exact same specked out car as the one I purchased without ever receiving except it has a wheel package on it for $1500. It is $2000 higher even though we agreed they were going to swap out the wheels and tires because I prefer the higher profile setup. After I say WTF they say they will give my $500 off that even though they are keeping the premium wheels and tires to put on the original car. So now I say what is the other $500 for. Well true I saw the MSRP's and the car went up $500 from the factory in one month. I pretty much said I'm not spending a penny over my original contract so hopefully they can fix the problem this week.
Stellantis has been cranking up MSRP's more than most others I've seen.
Old 10-13-21, 01:57 PM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

So today I get a text saying instead of tearing up the deal like I told them to do they would swap out the tires and wheels for no cost to me. Two days ago they insisted on me paying $1500 then $1000 even though they were keeping them). As of today I just have to pay the MSRP increase of $500 on this car minus the $1500 wheels option. Basically just trying to see how much money we can extort from this guy. Not that I am surprised. Love doing business with a car dealer.
Old 10-13-21, 03:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,965 Posts

I don’t wish buying a car right now on anybody lol
Old 10-14-21, 05:37 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

So today I get a text saying instead of tearing up the deal like I told them to do they would swap out the tires and wheels for no cost to me. Two days ago they insisted on me paying $1500 then $1000 even though they were keeping them). As of today I just have to pay the MSRP increase of $500 on this car minus the $1500 wheels option. Basically just trying to see how much money we can extort from this guy. Not that I am surprised. Love doing business with a car dealer.
let them keep choking on that deal for a bit.
Old 10-15-21, 02:06 PM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

I finally bought our Grand Cherokee L, white Limited with nav. and pano sunroof as the only added options. They swapped out the 20's and credited me their cost of them on the MSRP. They also threw in a bunch of fussy math and I was tired of the whole thing so I paid the $200 extra they wouldn't back off of. Unfortunately I had to pay the $400 MSRP base price increase and the $100 shipping increase, both clearly shown on the sticker. So all in I paid $700 more than for the first broken car. About 50K after a $1000 rebate that just helped pay for the dealer handling and the phony theft guard bull crap they shove down your throat. Stay tuned I'm going to write about the car.
Old 10-15-21, 05:28 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Congrats on your new SUV. I’ve seen a few on the road. They look great out in the wild.
Old 10-15-21, 06:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I finally bought our Grand Cherokee L, white Limited with nav. and pano sunroof as the only added options.
Congratulations. The JGC has been one of FCA's (now Stellantis) best products for some years now.
Old 12-19-21, 10:00 PM
BigMTown
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I really would have waited for the next model year lol

The vehicle is awesome...but both first year FCA products I bought were a total disaster
I traded in my 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L after 2 1/2 months of ownership. It was a bundle of bugs. First year I will never do again ended up getting a Lexus 300H instead 😃. For 55,000 you would think it would come with Auto brake hold + a front facing camera. You can only get those features with the expensive Summit series and even then it’s still an option that you must make sure is on there. The outgoing 2021 old style is the safe way too go in my opinion.
Old 12-20-21, 03:39 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigMTown
I traded in my 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L after 2 1/2 months of ownership. It was a bundle of bugs. First year I will never do again ended up getting a Lexus 300H instead 😃. For 55,000 you would think it would come with Auto brake hold + a front facing camera. You can only get those features with the expensive Summit series and even then it’s still an option that you must make sure is on there. The outgoing 2021 old style is the safe way too go in my opinion.
Yeah I will never buy a first year Chrysler again.
Old 12-27-21, 04:30 AM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

We are up to about 4500 miles now with no real problems. There was a software recall for the airbag system and they also did a pr. steering software update. The service writer told me the tailgate latches were draining batteries in many cars. Some sat for a month waiting for parts. Lots of the early cars had pr steering glitches. Obviously year one issues combined with the covid parts and shipping fiasco. It is a much nicer car than the older JGC’s. It rides like a dream probably due to the longer wheelbase. A Limited for 50 to 55k is a steal compared to the luxury 3 row SUV’s for 10 to 15k more. This new L and the 2 row JGC’s coming out are very luxurious. You can spend way more on Overland or Summit models but you get the same car with more fluff, heads up display, air suspension etc. We did the big west coast trip in it and a Xmas ski weekend at Copper Mountain with it loaded to the max and it holds alot. It did fine in the 22 inches of fresh snow that fell on us. If I didn’t need a car right away I would wait for these bugs to be worked out or just fade the heat right now because like I said this is a way nicer vehicle all around than the previous 11 year old chassis. My wife is thrilled with her new Jeep that she picked out and that’s all that matters. She has the family cam that fills the 10 inch screen with pictures of any or all at once the four back seats so she can watch our grandson in his car seat. It is part of the Pano Sunroof option.

Last edited by Kennyr44; 12-27-21 at 04:55 AM.
Old 12-27-21, 06:23 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Thats all very good news...
Old 01-07-22, 07:41 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Passenger Touchscreen Review | Co-pilot's delight

Jeep's latest SUVs – the 2022 Grand Cherokee and the 2022 Wagoneer – have jumped on the interior screen bandwagon in a big way. But rather than going with a full-width display or something else similarly excessive, Jeep decided to give front passengers a small infotainment center of their own. This may seem a bit redundant considering it's mounted no more than a foot from the Big Kahuna, but Jeep managed to bundle quite a bit of functionality into this small piece of real estate and we were curious to see just how well it all works. You too? Well, come along.

Our test model was equipped with both the passenger screen and the rear-seat entertainment package, making it a gadget geek's dream land. But the one we're focused on today is the one up front on the passenger side of the dash. It's the one you can just barely see in the above photo because the glass covering it is polarized, meaning light only travels through it at certain angles. Those angles keep it visible almost exclusively to the passenger. From the driver's seating position, it vanishes entirely. Even at night. Zero glow. Zero glare. Zero distraction. And that's remarkable because there's a lot you can do with that screen.

Jeep's new Uconnect 5 setup is Amazon Alexa-enabled, so passengers can watch movies or TV, or even plug in another device to use it for games or other media via the HDMI port on the dash. And for vehicles like this one equipped with the rear-seat entertainment package, you can even watch different episodes of the same series on all three screens with independent audio and playback controls. Each position gets its own Bluetooth connection, isolating the audio output for each screen to individual headsets.

But what makes the passenger screen special is the fact that it talks directly to the primary Uconnect screen, allowing the front passenger to take over some co-piloting functions from the driver without infringing on their space. For instance, need to make a change to your destination en route? The passenger can propose an entirely different route or destination from the screen in just a few steps. This request then shows up in both the driver's instrument cluster and the infotainment screen, where the driver can then accept or reject the proposed change. Theoretically, this system is also good should you no longer be on speaking terms with your co-pilot, and even then, the passenger controls can be locked out if you really don't want to hear from them. Passive aggressives rejoice.

And the screen is just one component of the new Grand Cherokee's massive connectivity push. Between the dashboard, center cubby and rear console, we counted a whopping seven USB Type-C ports, five USB A ports, two 12V DC plug and a 120V AC plug. The three-row Grand Cherokee L will get additional connectivity and charging points in the rear too, though the passenger screen has not yet been introduced on that model, so for the moment that's a win-some, lose-some situation. We expect that to change for 2023.
Source and videos of passenger touchscreen
Old 01-07-22, 07:57 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

That's right about the spot I would want it for me the driver, close enough to me, simple enough to touch, no clumsy joystick and no looking to far down and not too far out of reach on the dashboard (something I never liked in the CT200h that have navs, but likely I have nonnav).
Old 01-07-22, 09:43 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexmex
That's right about the spot I would want it for me the driver, close enough to me, simple enough to touch, no clumsy joystick and no looking to far down and not too far out of reach on the dashboard (something I never liked in the CT200h that have navs, but likely I have nonnav).
Yes, but this is about the passenger entertainment screen, which is directly in front of the passenger and has a filter that doesn't allow driver to see what's showing on the screen.

Quick Reply: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L