Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MM Ownership - 2021 Encore GX (initial and ongoing updates)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-22, 10:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

This is interesting......KBB says a top-line Avenir version may be coming for the GX, although this, so far, is just hearsay, without any verification.

If so, however........might consider one in the future. Been very pleased with my Select-version.

https://www.kbb.com/buick/encore-gx/2023/

2023 Buick Encore GX Review

Price: KBB expects the 2022 Buick Encore GX to start at around $26,000.

If you still associate the Buick brand with big, “land yacht” sedans, then the Buick Encore GX may come as a refreshing surprise. This subcompact crossover is a highly appealing and affordable alternative to a more expensive SUV from a luxury brand like the BMW X1 or Audi Q3. It’s a small SUV that’s big on value with its surprisingly spacious interior and a nice list of standard features.

The Buick Encore GX was an all-new model in 2020, and we don’t anticipate significant changes for the 2023 model year. We might see a luxurious Avenir trim added to the lineup similar to the top trims of the Envision and Enclave.

We’ll likely see the same engine lineup with a standard 1.2-liter turbocharged 3-cylinder and a more lively and slightly more efficient 1.3-liter turbo-3 option, which we recommend if your budget allows it.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-30-22 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-01-22, 06:54 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Just for curiosity, I might (?) drop by the Cadillac shop soon and see how the Encore GX compares to the XT4...which, of course, is slightly larger and has a 2.0L turbo in-line 4 instead of the turbo 3. The XT4 is done off the same platform as the new Buick Envision.

Also just out of curiosity......I don't expect the Encore GX to be a very popular vehicle in CL, but just by chance, does anyone else here own or lease one?....or a comparable Chevy Trailblazer with the same mechanicals? It would be interesting to get some more input from owners without going to Buick forums.
I see al lot more TrailBlazers on the road than Encore GXs
Old 02-01-22, 08:53 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
I see al lot more TrailBlazers on the road than Encore GXs

Your eyes are not fooling you......The Trailblazer does sell more copies, primarily because of its low price and what it gives you for the money. It is currently in Second Place in the subcompact crossover class, behind the Honda HR-V....the Encore GX ranks seventh. Both, however, are well above average in sales for the class.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/12...arter-2021-q3/
Old 02-02-22, 07:55 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Buick used to have a better warranty…then the bean counters cost cut the warranty out.

I would probably buy the Chevy over the Buick Would we consider the Encore a modern day rebadge of the Trail Blazer?

Im happy you love your Encore GX MM. it’s a nice size vehicle. Great looking too
Old 02-02-22, 09:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Buick used to have a better warranty…then the bean counters cost cut the warranty out.
Thanks, Jill......I forgot to mention that. Buick used to have a Lexus/Cadillac-grade warranty...now it is the same as Chevy's. Fortunately, though, although not quite in the same ballpark as Lexus with reliability, Buick is considered one of the more reliable brands....arguably the most reliable within GM.

I would probably buy the Chevy over the Buick.
The Trailblazer, despite the same platform, has a little longer wheelbase than the GX, maybe slightly more room inside, a lower base price, and more different trim-versions. It lacks some of the Buick Quiet-Tuning touches, though.

Would we consider the Encore a modern day rebadge of the Trail Blazer?
I wouldn't consider it a rebadge.....more of a derivative.

Im happy you love your Encore GX MM. it’s a nice size vehicle. Great looking too
Thanks. I get a lot of compliments about the cinnamon/bronze color and two-tone interior.