Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cars Won't Make You Happy

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-21, 05:57 PM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 271 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Hahaha, no car for you!

Its true though, I remember when my wife was pregnant with our twins, everybody told me "enjoy this, enjoy that, you're never going to be able to do that again" and its depressing lol
Yeah, I found the different stages of life have broadened by appreciation for automobiles that I never cared for when I was into performance cars. You quickly find out that SUVs and minivans have a purpose in life and learn to see the engineering and design behind them. I never understood the appeal of big luxury sedans when I was single because comfort and refinement never was a priority. A stiff ride and throaty exhaust note appealed to me instead of annoyed me because I drove for fun. My truck years taught me a lot about that market, but I don't miss having a truck because I found that I didn't need it enough to justify the cost. And I never thought the love of my automotive life would be a big Lexus sedan. In the end, if you are really a car guy, your interest goes beyond flashy, cool, and fast as you mature.
Old 01-20-21, 07:05 PM
NickDangr
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
You missed the several points in the thread where I said exactly what you said I didnt say:
Sorry about that. Yes, I did miss what you said.
Old 01-20-21, 07:08 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
Yeah, I found the different stages of life have broadened by appreciation for automobiles that I never cared for when I was into performance cars. You quickly find out that SUVs and minivans have a purpose in life and learn to see the engineering and design behind them. I never understood the appeal of big luxury sedans when I was single because comfort and refinement never was a priority. A stiff ride and throaty exhaust note appealed to me instead of annoyed me because I drove for fun. My truck years taught me a lot about that market, but I don't miss having a truck because I found that I didn't need it enough to justify the cost. And I never thought the love of my automotive life would be a big Lexus sedan. In the end, if you are really a car guy, your interest goes beyond flashy, cool, and fast as you mature.
No doubt. If you would have told me I would have 3 minivans I’d say you were nuts!

One of my agents got a 911 about a month ago. I finally got to ride in it today. All I could think about was how loud it was and how firm the seats were lol.

Originally Posted by NickDangr
Sorry about that. Yes, I did miss what you said.
We’ll let it slide this time!
Old 01-21-21, 09:33 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice video. And it applies to nearly everything in life, with exception of music creation.
But outside of that, you don't buy a car to impress others, or you will be miserable. You buy a good and original car for yourself, for the enjoyment you have to drive it around.
I have it. My IS300 is often reported as "****box" and my dreamcar is the RCF.
But I have tons of fun chasing the IS300 through the narrow swiss mountain top roads when I go visiting my mother.
No Instagramm crowd, no Youtube likes can give me those really fun moments this car offers me.
Old 01-21-21, 09:50 AM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Benoit
Nice video. And it applies to nearly everything in life, with exception of music creation.
But outside of that, you don't buy a car to impress others, or you will be miserable. You buy a good and original car for yourself, for the enjoyment you have to drive it around.
I have it. My IS300 is often reported as "****box" and my dreamcar is the RCF.
But I have tons of fun chasing the IS300 through the narrow swiss mountain top roads when I go visiting my mother.
No Instagramm crowd, no Youtube likes can give me those really fun moments this car offers me.
Who reported that? Someone driving a SEAT? lol
Old 01-21-21, 01:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
It produces that much pressure, that they could be injured holding it alone? I didn't think they were that powerful.
he's more concerned with the paint finish.
Old 01-21-21, 02:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Nailed it lol
Old 01-21-21, 04:27 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
It takes a LOT of pressure to damage a good-quality clearcoat.....and, for what an S-class Mercedes costs, it should have some the best paint in the business.
Old 01-21-21, 05:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
It takes a LOT of pressure to damage a good-quality clearcoat.....and, for what an S-class Mercedes costs, it should have some the best paint in the business.
It doesnt take much running the wand into the paint to damage it though lol
Old 01-21-21, 08:05 PM
Dealarr
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow, we don't get cool posts like this in the IS channels. May I suggest having a look at the Gospel of Nazarenes if you are ever interested to find out about the original Gospel the current bible now circulates around the world was referenced from amongst other things. Once you know the history of this world, He will help you to be even happier in your vehicles, like how He helped me supercharged my 2005 IS250. Not many do it in the world. I am not here to gloat, you can remove me as the equation but you can see the car is faster. We beat Mazda Axela turbos rated 260bhp and a lighter vehicle, while IS350's cannot pull away.

Intro of the Gospel of Nazarenes will tell an epic story how it was hidden in Tibet by the first generations Apostles, then rediscovered 1800 years after. Either you will find it super interesting, or not. We all write the year after all. 2021 now, 2021 years after His sacrifice. The whole world is using this global year system to His record, think of the significance of that. If He was fake then isn't the entire year system a lie too?

PS: Not saying you will all be able to supercharge your vehicles once you read the original document, i just tried to follow the inside commands not as to test but to see whether He will care. The fact that a lot of problems that arose while we are trouble shooting was solved quite instantly and without physical help so to speak, was probably part of His pity at my vanity. Since we tried to seek His actual Truth and practiced, not all the muddied truth that will make you question His morality.

Last edited by Dealarr; 01-22-21 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-22-21, 02:38 AM
Lead Lap

Received 794 Likes on 539 Posts

Here is a different perspective on cars:

Old 01-22-21, 01:39 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
Here is a different perspective on cars:
Cool commercial...talk about life in a nutshell. Any grandfather with a daughter can relate!
Old 01-22-21, 06:52 PM
Lead Lap

Received 794 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson2000
Cool commercial...talk about life in a nutshell. Any grandfather with a daughter can relate!
yes good old days where there’s a bit of emotional attachment to the family car where they are part of the memories of growing up. We had a bright yellow Corolla DX station wagon where I learnt to drive in and we went everywhere in it.

I just can’t put a pin on it, but these days cars are so sterile I don’t get attached to any, even though I take good care of them.
Old 01-22-21, 07:02 PM
Repo
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Car & Drivers Mike Cohen would respectfully disagree:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...0Non%20Openers

Cars "tickle" me silly !
Old 01-22-21, 08:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Repo
Car & Drivers Mike Cohen would respectfully disagree:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...0Non%20Openers

Cars "tickle" me silly !
^^^^^^^ Is that a typo? You referred to Car & Driver while posting a Road and Track article.

Quick Reply: Cars Won't Make You Happy