Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So supraforums is gone

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-03, 06:51 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default So supraforums is gone

What are some other supra forums that have as many members and as helpful?
Old 09-19-03, 07:59 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

actually i read (somewhere around here) earlier that it is just down for the upgrade to new servers and hosting. Plans are to come back stronger than ever.
Old 09-19-03, 11:51 PM
MQM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can go to Teamsupra.com or i-supra.com..
Old 09-20-03, 08:12 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

In the past 2 Months this forum has been up about 50% of the time, Dusty always says "it'll be right back up and better than ever, then it never happens". Kind of funny because some of the people on the board own hosting companies and have offered but nothing has ever materialized (lack of interest I guess).
Old 09-20-03, 06:57 PM
2jzgte
Lead Lap

DO NOT go to team supra. They are allegedly the people who bought the email lists from the hackers who attacked homebase several weeks ago. I know because they are the one's who began a passive but large ad blitz on people at around the same time almost all SF members got it.
Old 09-20-03, 08:32 PM
Methodical
Lead Lap

Supraforums is always down. I use to live on that site when I had the 94' 6spd. It used to be a lot of fun back when Warren Chang owned it. Too many kids and trolls now.
Old 09-20-03, 09:51 PM
MQM
Driver

Originally posted by Methodical
Supraforums is always down. I use to live on that site when I had the 94' 6spd. It used to be a lot of fun back when Warren Chang owned it. Too many kids and trolls now.
my younger brother used to own a 98 TT, he always use to complain that there were way to many flame wars on their, to many trolls, and alot of scams..

Whatever it was, looks like those days are over..
Old 09-20-03, 11:40 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SupraForums sucks *** and is run by lazy, incompotent jokers. If you ever feel like wasting your time, try sending the joker admin/webmaster some email!
Old 09-21-03, 12:09 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Methodical
It is full of trolls now, but at least it isn't owned by a crook anymore! Warren Chang ripped off more people than the mafia, including me!

-Ethan
Old 09-21-03, 09:42 AM
Methodical
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Ebanks
It is full of trolls now, but at least it isn't owned by a crook anymore! Warren Chang ripped off more people than the mafia, including me!

-Ethan
I'm not saying that it was more fun because "Warren" owned it. I'm saying that it was more fun in the timeframe that he owned it. Back when TDTurbo and Mr. Akimoto use to talk crap to each other all the time. Let me rephrase what I typed. Supraforums was a lot more fun in 1999 and 2000. Better? Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 09-21-03, 04:31 PM
2jzgte
Lead Lap

If I could start my own site and know that REAL Supra guys like us would be there I'd love to go back in time to 1998. Oh the memories.....
Old 09-22-03, 06:10 AM
LexFather

We are going to have a forum for Supra owners at www.seloc.net b/c the site is down all the time and it really focked those guys up trying to hook up for NOPI. I am their honorary meeting president (LMAO) and the ATL/SE guys will be able to hang there. Supraforums is not reliable like a Toyota at all.

Old 09-22-03, 08:12 PM
2jzgte
Lead Lap

That means new supra forum?
Old 09-25-03, 09:58 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL. Supraforums was great at the begining. At some point Warren decided to stop moderating the off-topic forum (All goes) beacause people were complaining at moderators. Results of this are still showing under MVP ownership.

I doubt it was more reliabile when Warren owned the site because he lacked administration skills. All files were in a single directory. Constantly had script and file permission problems, etc etc.

Supraforums got very popular at which point the servers couldn't handle the high loads. I think MVP has done a wonderful job and from what I heard Dusty is really investing in upgrades this time. This is the reason why it's taking so long.

Chris

PS. I spoke to Warren in person at one time. Didn't seem like a bad person. He also owned an SC400 at the time.

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 09-25-03 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-26-03, 07:30 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Originally posted by MQM
my younger brother used to own a 98 TT, he always use to complain that there were way to many flame wars on their, to many trolls, and alot of scams..

Whatever it was, looks like those days are over..
The flame wars made supraforums so fun. It was all the AZ guys talking crap to everyone else. That was back when having a single turbo was very rare. It's never been the same since

-Steve

Last edited by AzLex; 09-26-03 at 07:30 PM.

Quick Reply: So supraforums is gone