Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sick And Tired Of The Jealousy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-03 | 08:55 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I would never provide n altercation and stoop to someone's else's level, especially over my car.
I would.

I have worked very hard for what i have. You will respect it, or i will make you respect it. It's my only real 'peve that i have. I am the most professional and non violent person on a day to day basis in the real world. touch my property and disrespect it and i will teach you some manners.
Old 09-20-03 | 10:53 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

How are you trying to get rid of the gum? Are you using ice? It works most of the time. Never tried it on a car hood before though..

Ed
Old 09-20-03 | 05:09 PM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

okay guys i drive my lexus to college the same as ant btw. and even though it doesnt have the rims and the front lip or roof spoiler my car is still a black gs400 sittin in the college parking lot as well. nobodys touched my car there ive gotten egged at my HOUSE! by lil immature people. obviously anthony has someone who doesnt like him. no it has nothing to do with being cocky. the fact that they dont have the ***** to stand up to him but do stuff to his car it just screams P"ssy ! if and when he does find out who it is if he beats there butt or damages there stuff he still took pics of the first thing they did and im sure if he sends someone else out to do his dirty work to THERE car that person wont have much they can do. beleive me there are plenty of people around here that have no problem screwing someone or soemthing up for a buck so im sure this flaw will be handled accordingly but as far as ant not drivng his car to college campus bull! theres about 20 lexus's in that parking lot. and alot of other nice lookin cars included the professors who also park in our parking lots so who is one student to damage any nice car assuming its a students. as for driving a beater wats the point in waisting money on one. he doesnt live in a horrible neighborhood and who wants to come home just to get into your other car to go back out again. people just need to grow up thats all.

~ Stella

BTW: anthony your so **** you post a pic of your stupid scratch and not your new tail lights. yes guys he got the new 03' taillights for his 98 lexus and they look very nice so yell at him for not posting that first but this crap.
Old 09-20-03 | 06:00 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Colleges even have 40+ yr olds going to school. Some of them work full time and go to school. That doesn't mean they can't drive a luxury car. Hell, they could afford it and they are probably just completing a PHD.

Though I have to agree that driving a nice luxury car to school, isn't really the right way to do it, you have to understand that not everyone is under 20.
Old 09-20-03 | 07:14 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Unhappy comment

people are evil in many ways, shapes and forms. People prey on kindness, hardwork and dedication. The reason they prey is cause they don't have the means or determination. I drive my car on a campus of 35,000 people. I drive around like its a regular car, i don't draw unnessessary attention to it, and i am just nice when i need to be. Wrong place @ wrong time, it happens. Do you live on campus as well. Sorry it happened, but you won't find out who done it. Rage isn't the answer. p.s. people can remember if you pissed them off. hard to say....but thats why you got insurance.
Old 09-20-03 | 08:34 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Captain Bone,

I know exactly how u feel. Same thing happened to my GS when i was in college, except the car was keyed on the entire drivers side AND that was the first day i got my car, it was BRAND new. It happened during a night class that i had. Let me tell u that was one of the worst things i ever experienced, I was ready to kill somebody. Spending all that $$$ on a new car and somebody ruins it because of jealousy. Anyway after i fixed it, i never parked on campus, alway next to private houses around the area. I had to walk much longer to get to my classes but I didnt want to risk it getting keyed again and waisting $$$$ to fix it. The college i went to had MANY nice cars (Porche, MB, BMW, etc.), but there are jealous people everywhere and u never know what can happen. IMO it really takes a sick person to key a car for no reason, and obviously there are many of them.
Old 09-21-03 | 08:03 AM
C-Train
Lead Lap

I got messed with maybe even worse than you, i think the thread is still up, but my "buddy", an isuzu hombre driver, watered all over the left side of my car. I'm in hs, so obviously a lot of people aren't too happy about my car, but it's expected when i have the second best vehicle and i'm only a sophmore. the best is a brand new benz suv, which the guy chooses to drive over his jaguar. I don't know why, but people just go crazy, and it's only a 90 ls400.

tip- when you find out who did it, and you want to do a prank on him, make sure he still thinks he got away with keying your car, so you can get away with it w/o him knowing who did it.
Old 09-21-03 | 08:21 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by onelasttry
I would.

I have worked very hard for what i have. You will respect it, or i will make you respect it. It's my only real 'peve that i have. I am the most professional and non violent person on a day to day basis in the real world. touch my property and disrespect it and i will teach you some manners.
I agree 110% with onelasttry... I let alot of stuff pass (prob too much sometimes) but when it come to my crap that I have worked hard for... That is where I draw the line...

I am sorry to hear about your car Captain Bone, maybe you could garage the Lex and get a beater for now ??

Just my 2 cents
Shawn
Old 09-21-03 | 04:30 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Unhappy New victim here

Never thought I'd be a victim of having my Lex tainted by some unfortunate fool, but it happened today. I parked at a fairly empty high school lot, left and took a few jogging laps around the high school outdoor track. When I came back to the car, I saw a piece of SWEDISH FISH candy lying on the top of my trunk! Let me remind you I just had my ES washed before I came to the high school, so of course I was pissed. It was a pretty warm day too, lots of sunshine, and temps in the high 70s. Good thing the candy didn't melt; I pulled it out and some candy residue remained on the trunk. Thank God I always carry a crate full of cleaners and what not in the trunk, so I grabbed some Meguiar's Quik spray and cleaned it out. No more residue, and I felt a little bit relieved.

So watch out for those gummy candies; they can unexpectedly do some damage to the clearcoat and body paint...
Old 09-21-03 | 06:19 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

From what I have experienced or noticed, modded up cars get hated on the most. I see a good amount of lexus's , mb's, bimmers around campus but I've noticed most of the time, its the hooked up cars that gets scratched or what not. A lot of kids drive to school in their parent's lex or bimmer, but how many do you see with 20's and a bodykit? That creates more of an atmosphere of HATE. I know its ****ed up, can't we all mod happily and not worry about these JEALOUS LOSERS.
Old 09-21-03 | 07:19 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

its not u'r fault probably some kids who think u'r parents paid 4 the car and hate u 4 it, and even if they did pay 4 u'r , its not u'r fault u have great parents......haters r everywhere ...not much u can do...u gonna have 2 have the whole door repainted right?
Old 09-21-03 | 07:41 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

I agree that modded up cars DO attract more attention. It's too bad people can't just respect a person's property. The potential may be a bit higher parking on campus, but if you're parking where the faculty does then it shouldn't be so bad. You've only been there what...3 weeks?! If your ramp/lot has security cameras make sure to park in sight of a camera.
Old 09-21-03 | 07:49 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Unhappy update

someone hit my car in a empty parking lot...lsportline rear bumper here i come. lol i just laughed it off. people need to be evil for the world to work i believe. oh well. prob someone i know...
Old 09-21-03 | 11:54 PM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

check out this guy's car.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=84599
Old 09-22-03 | 01:29 AM
NRG
Lead Lap

damn, this was at a college parkinglot? thought it was high school hah
anyways, at my school (college) they have many nice cars, and i think everyone gives respect too.
I see nice looking lexus everyday at school, im sure they're on this board too.

Hope you find those bastards..

Quick Reply: Sick And Tired Of The Jealousy!