Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sick And Tired Of The Jealousy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-03, 07:05 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick And Tired Of The Jealousy!

I can not take it anymore.

In only my third week of college already I am beyond the point of aggravation.

First someone put a piece of gum on my hood. Left a nice string of it behind when I took it off... I still can't get it all off.

Then today I went to look at my car.. ya kno.. a little admiring at my house and I find a nice long key mark (evidently done sometime day) along the entire passenger front door. I was irate!

I have no problems with anyone at school and don't understand why people must do this. If I ever find the person they better pray to God because I won't stop after I start on them.

-Anthony

... Attached a pic I took at night. It's not good obviously but you get the idea. It's much longer then this short area also.
Attached Thumbnails Sick And Tired Of The Jealousy!-imag0041.jpg  

Last edited by Captain Bone; 09-19-03 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-19-03, 07:17 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,632 Posts

That SUCKS. Sounds like you need to get a beater for school. Where in NJ are you?

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-19-03 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-19-03, 07:34 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

ANthony,

Damn man. I'm sorry this happened to you. Are there any other nice luxury cars at your school ?
Old 09-19-03, 08:40 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

damn that sucks.
Their are kids that are cocky about their car, and they think they're better then everyone just because they drive a lexus.. Is that you?
Old 09-19-03, 09:11 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Damn punks! I say you park your car in the same spot and hide out somewhere and see if anyone messes with it again, then you can go postal on their @ss!
Old 09-19-03, 09:12 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by NRG
damn that sucks.
Their are kids that are cocky about their car, and they think they're better then everyone just because they drive a lexus.. Is that you?
Even if that is true (not saying that it is), I don't think its right to do that.

Last edited by r00kie; 09-19-03 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-19-03, 09:21 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally posted by r00kie
Even if that is true (not saying that it is), I don't think its right to do that.
Anthony is a cool kid. He minds his own business( I think..).

This may sound dumb, but I used to wear jersey's like the Kobe bryant MPLS, Dirk Nowitzki, JOrdan, and other sports jerseys when I had my honda. For some reason, I don't dress like that anymore with my Lex. Just don't want haters thinking I'm trying to be a baller or something, intern messing up my car.
Old 09-19-03, 10:04 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by NRG
damn that sucks.
Bit: I'm in Central NJ.

NRG: I don't know what made you say this, but no, I don't think I am better then anyone because of the car I drive. I respect all people from whatever walk of life they come from. I especially admire people with cars that are mod'ed or elegently done, body or engine. I just don't know who could of done this. I can't wait to find out. They will suffer.

-Anthony
Old 09-20-03, 12:31 AM
sleepy
Driver School Candidate

It's common sense that you shouldn't bring a nice car to college, unless you go to one of those schools where every other freshmen drives a Mercedes. College students can and will do anything. But if you have to, always keep your car in a closed garage (and even then it's not 100% safe).

Sorry you have to learn the hard way. Car vandalism sucks.
Old 09-20-03, 05:36 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Sorry to hear that.

Maybe they think the Lexus IS your beater car, which makes them even more jealous.

You'll be safer with a Honda or something to drive to school.
Old 09-20-03, 05:55 AM
octane300
Lead Lap

Bottom line...a college campus is NOT the place for a nice lexus such as your GS. In addition the a-holes that do that shiz on purpose, there are so many others that will accidently ding your car when they open their door (and not give it a second thought). Or the paint can get scratched in about a dozen other ways where people are just being careless. If you're only in your 1st or 2nd year at school, buy a beater!

DN
Old 09-20-03, 05:57 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

sleepy It's common sense that you shouldn't bring a nice car to college, unless you go to one of those schools where every other freshmen drives a Mercedes. College students can and will do anything. But if you have to, always keep your car in a closed garage (and even then it's not 100% safe).
No offense but he shouldn't have to stop driving his car because he goes to college. I had a modded car at school and no one ever touched it. I just think that in some certain situations people will do this and regardless of where you are it will done. There are a lot of people out there that just don't respect others and those are the few that ruin it for everyone else.

Now Captain man I feel so bad for you. I was with my friend in Saratoga, he drives a new Infiniti FX35 and someone keyed his car. The point I am trying to make is that there are people in this world that just hate, and there isn't anyway to stop them unless you catch them and well you know. I wish you the best don't waorry it can be fixed.
Old 09-20-03, 07:56 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

During my junior and senior college years, I drove an ES around. I don't recall anyone hatin' on my car, although of course I received a lot of comments from my friends saying I have a "pimp" car As anyone from Boston knows, parking is tough and terrible within the city, let alone finding those "free" spots or spots with broken/missing meters (there is NO way I was going to pay for a semester parking permit). Eventually I found myself an apt during the senior year 15 min outside of Boston, and I didn't have to bring my ES to the city much, thank God.

One of my friends just started college in UConn, and he had no intention of bring his $40K modded S-class to school, so he quickly sold it and bought himself a beater Jeep. Wise decision for him
Old 09-20-03, 08:14 AM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

That is so completely wrong--I don't care what the reasoning, there is no excuse for abusing someone else's property like that.

That being said, I don't like your comments about how if you find out who did it "they better pray to God because I won't stop after I start on them" and "They will suffer". Let's assume first off that you're a big enough bad-azz to dole out some physical punishment--do you want to wind up in jail on assault and battery charges? If you can photograph them in the act next time then you can press your own charges. Otherwise I think you should let a higher power handle it--what goes around comes around and you don't need to be bringing more negativity down on yourself by stooping to their level.
Old 09-20-03, 08:43 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Iceman
That is so completely wrong--I don't care what the reasoning, there is no excuse for abusing someone else's property like that.

That being said, I don't like your comments about how if you find out who did it "they better pray to God because I won't stop after I start on them" and "They will suffer". Let's assume first off that you're a big enough bad-azz to dole out some physical punishment--do you want to wind up in jail on assault and battery charges? If you can photograph them in the act next time then you can press your own charges. Otherwise I think you should let a higher power handle it--what goes around comes around and you don't need to be bringing more negativity down on yourself by stooping to their level.
Nicely Said. I was just venting.. I'm fine now. I agree with what you say. I would never provide an altercation and stoop to someone's else's level, especially over my car.

As for the comment about having to buy a beater... As some other have said, why do I need a beater? People should respect it far enough not to have to go and scratch the car. The weird part about this whole episode is I A) parked a good 2 lots away from anyone at all and B) campus security was parked right near me when I came in and when I left college. The whole thing just doesn't make sense. I wish I could go buy a beater but being in college most of my mod'ing has come to an end and money is tight paying for college right now. I don't have a few K to throw around for another car, although I wish I did. I would love to just ask the person who did this why though? OH well.. today is another day.

Last edited by Captain Bone; 09-20-03 at 09:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Sick And Tired Of The Jealousy!