Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Future Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-21, 05:46 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I am just left scratching my head how you continue to make such strong judgement statements knowing it's a fake picture...

Ok what about the video then?

If real...then it looks BAD....if does look like there is some sort of aftermarket accessory bar with an LED light out front.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 02-10-21 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-10-21, 05:47 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
The original posted photo is a photoshop. Using this original Titan Photo:

Video posted looks pretty legitimate.
Exactly, it is an internal Toyota USA teaser, which more than anyone here you are probably familiar with. The fact how post #19 in this thread tried to claim otherwise, is an intent to snidely gaslight and be a contrarian, for reasons unknown. Some people just seem to like arguing or objecting for no reason, in an effort rile others up.

Stevie Wonder can even see the legitimacy himself LOL.
Old 02-10-21, 05:53 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Carmaker1
Exactly, it is an internal Toyota USA teaser, which more than anyone here you are probably familiar with. The fact how post #19 in this thread tried to claim otherwise, is an intent to snidely gaslight and be a contrarian, for reasons unknown. Some people just seem to like arguing or objecting for no reason, in an effort rile others up.

Stevie Wonder can even see the legitimacy himself LOL.
Hey...never meant to offend you. (Sorry).
Old 02-10-21, 05:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Ok what about the video then?

If real...then it looks BAD
I think that video is real, but your eyes must be pretty good to see much in that video beyond a couple of foggy images and light patterns.

Listen, I think this truck's front end - just like Lexus' spindle - is going to be polarizing and controversial. It's going to be in your face aggressive and not everybody is going to like it. Some aren't going to like it because they're predisposed to not liking Toyota products or the Tundra specifically (yes, I recall your past history posting about the Tundra). That's OK, it's all personal opinion good or bad but at least wait for some real pictures to come out before frothing up in a hate spiral.

As a former Tundra owner I'm looking forward to finally seeing a new one come out. I loved that truck and only sold it due to towing limitations over long distances where I needed a diesel.

Carmaker1 has some genuine inside insight and I appreciate him sharing it here. I understand when he gets miffed at lazy internet car news sites, lol.

Old 02-10-21, 06:14 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Ieast wait for some real pictures to come out before frothing up in a hate spiral.
lol.
You’re right we should wait ...I agree.
Old 02-10-21, 06:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
The interior is dated, but it’s functional. If they had a diesel option, I would already be driving one.
As a former Tundra owner I'm looking forward to finally seeing a new one come out. I loved that truck and only sold it due to towing limitations over long distances where I needed a diesel.
That's on Toyota and their marketing. Here's two legitimate reasons (among many) why they should offer a Diesel-tundra in the U.S. to compete with the Cummins-diesel domestics.

Old 02-10-21, 06:39 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That's on Toyota and their marketing. Here's two legitimate reasons (among many) why they should offer a Diesel-tundra in the U.S. to compete with the Cummins-diesel domestics.
Toyota is hell-bent on hybrids for NA.
Old 02-10-21, 06:59 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

I think that video is real, but your eyes must be pretty good to see much in that video beyond a couple of foggy images and light patterns.

Listen, I think this truck's front end - just like Lexus' spindle - is going to be polarizing and controversial. It's going to be in your face aggressive and not everybody is going to like it. Some aren't going to like it because they're predisposed to not liking Toyota products or the Tundra specifically (yes, I recall your past history posting about the Tundra). That's OK, it's all personal opinion good or bad but at least wait for some real pictures to come out before frothing up in a hate spiral.

Carmaker1 has some genuine inside insight and I appreciate him sharing it here. I understand when he gets miffed at lazy internet car news sites, lol.
Well, the video is now nowhere to be found - the link now says “spoiler-spoiler”, so there is nothing to compare to now, other than this collage I made. The front looks pretty damn similar in all 3 photos. Yes, it’s very polarizing. Perhaps tone down the big fat horizontal bars & add some chrome...this just looks like it slammed into the back of a bus & they called it good.

Old 02-10-21, 07:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Video is right where it's always been in post 16. You just have to click to expand the spoiler BBcode
Old 02-10-21, 07:08 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Toyota is hell-bent on hybrids for NA.
Im not against a hybrid truck, especially when I drive a RX 450h. I would definitely have to drive one & feel the differences. Maybe it would be good, but my RX doesn’t have enough fuel savings to make the hybrid a logical option. If I drove it only in the city, that would be a completely different story. We shall see. I want a luxury pickup that can do some work when I need it, tow at least 5-6,000 lbs & get 20 mpg highway or better (obviously not while towing). My favorite Tundra trim is the 1874.
Old 02-10-21, 07:10 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Video is right where it's always been in post 16. You just have to click to expand the spoiler BBcode
dumb question, I cannot figure out a way to see the video?
Old 02-10-21, 07:14 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

There is no code & nothing to click. I’m not jacking with you, I’m using my iPhone. Here’s a screen shot of what I see:

Old 02-10-21, 07:30 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
Well, the video is now nowhere to be found - the link now says “spoiler-spoiler”, so there is nothing to compare to now, other than this collage I made. The front looks pretty damn similar in all 3 photos. Yes, it’s very polarizing. Perhaps tone down the big fat horizontal bars & add some chrome...this just looks like it slammed into the back of a bus & they called it good.

it looks like a prolapsed spindle grille.
Old 02-10-21, 07:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Possible the spolier BBcode may only work on a browser and not the app or mobile (it works fine on my iPad in safari).

and worked on my iPhone in browser

Old 02-10-21, 09:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,486 Likes on 1,633 Posts

spoiler video played for me on my laptop.

the video is almost content free, mostly tons of stupid laser lights flashing about.

hardly much of a 'spoiler'.

Quick Reply: Future Tundra