Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus IS500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-21, 04:23 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
The brochure you have in the link is the US version.
lol you're right. The news site I got it from claimed it was Canadian because of Kirk Kreifels's idiotic channel.

But since this is the U.S. model, that makes the NuLuxe inclusion very disappointing.
Old 07-11-21, 04:36 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
lol you're right. The news site I got it from claimed it was Canadian because of Kirk Kreifels's idiotic channel.
I don’t get the hate for Kirk Kreifel’s information. He got invited to Toyota USA for their big media day.
Old 07-11-21, 04:48 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

I don’t get the hate for Kirk Kreifel’s information. He got invited to Toyota USA for their big media day.
All he does is read existing news articles and spout rumors with no substance behind them, with clickbait that rivals Scotty Kilmer. The only reason he's invited to Toyota/Lexus media events is because he's a former Lexus dealer with a YouTube channel.
Old 07-11-21, 04:51 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Oh man, seeing the standard feature list, now I'd really like to see this in the low 60k starting.
Old 07-11-21, 04:55 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GFerg
Oh man, seeing the standard feature list, now I'd really like to see this in the low 60k starting.
Yeah, it's as barebones as the standard IS before options. Assuming it does start in the low $60k range, it would easily go past $70K fully loaded.
Old 07-11-21, 05:04 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GFerg
I am thinking $59K before any of the options
Old 07-11-21, 07:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

All he (Kirk Kreifel) does is read existing news articles and spout rumors with no substance behind them, with clickbait that rivals Scotty Kilmer. The only reason he's invited to Toyota/Lexus media events is because he's a former Lexus dealer with a YouTube channel.
I don't know but he would seem rather young to have had his own lexus dealership? Or do you mean he worked at one?

I am thinking $59K before any of the options
Probably right, and probably you can never get one without options.

I'll quote my own prediction hope i'm wrong.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I expect it will be $65K-70K and dealers will mark it UP $5-10K.
Old 07-11-21, 11:57 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Probably right, and probably you can never get one without options.
Dare I say $49,250?

The IS350 RWD F Sport starts at $42,250
Old 07-11-21, 12:35 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

I don't know but he would seem rather young to have had his own lexus dealership? Or do you mean he worked at one?
He worked at one- supposedly his YouTube channel became so lucrative that he quit his dealership job last year to pursue full time YouTubing.

And he's not that young- he's married with kids.
Old 07-11-21, 12:37 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

He worked at one- supposedly his YouTube channel became so lucrative that he quit his dealership job last year to pursue full time YouTubing.

Good for him I saw that he was at Toyota HQ for the launch event. Lots of early access to stuff. Close up of the new Lexus EV concept. I don’t see the issue with the guy

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 07-11-21 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-11-21, 01:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

ok, i'd guess he's in his 30s, which would be very young to own a lexus dealership, but regardless, apparently he didn't anyway.
Old 07-11-21, 01:44 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

ok, i'd guess he's in his 30s, which would be very young to own a lexus dealership, but regardless, apparently he didn't anyway.
lol I never said he owned a dealership. Working as a sales associate or director at any dealership gives you connections to industry staff that the general public doesn't have access to.

It's hilarious to me how some here see Kirk as an aspirational figure because he gets invited to Toyota press events. Wow, a guy who used to work for the company gets invited to their press events? Who knew.
Old 07-11-21, 01:47 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

It's hilarious to me how some here see Kirk as an aspirational figure because he gets invited to Toyota press events. Wow, a guy who used to work for the company gets invited to their press events? Who knew.
You’re the one who brought him into this thread. I still don’t see what the issue is with the guy, the IS 500 F sport and the options brochure should be the focus

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 07-11-21 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-11-21, 02:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

lol I never said he owned a dealership.
you wrote "he's a former Lexus dealer" which to me means he owns/runs a dealership, but i wasn't sure what you meant and why i asked.

Wow, a guy who used to work for the company gets invited to their press events? Who knew.
working for a dealer isn't working for the manufacturer. and probably 99% of people who work at dealerships don't care much about the brand or even the cars, it's just a j-o-b.
Old 07-11-21, 03:32 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

You’re the one who brought him into this thread. I still don’t see what the issue is with the guy, the IS 500 F sport and the options brochure should be the focus
I brought him up because you brought up the misinformation about the brochure being Canadian, which was attributed to him. Then you proceeded to make him the center of discussion by defending his mediocre content.

working for a dealer isn't working for the manufacturer. and probably 99% of people who work at dealerships don't care much about the brand or even the cars, it's just a j-o-b.
Working for a dealer means you represent the brand. It also means you have connections to the manufacturer, with knowledge and industry connections that most people don't have.

Even if Kirk doesn't love the Lexus brand (which would be as outrageous as saying Scotty Kilmer doesn't love Toyota), it's done wonders for his paycheck. Enough for him to turn his YouTube channel into his job.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS500 F SPORT Performance