Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Second Car - Help Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-21, 03:57 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Audis are great. Whats kept me out of an Audi are their poor leases since I lease for business. A8 was $200 a month more than my S560 despite being $15,000 cheaper.
Part of that is because the A8, like some Korean brands, doesn't really get the resale value it deserves. It also might (?) have just been that particular dealership, trying to pad the figures a little.
Old 02-25-21, 04:08 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Part of that is because the A8, like some Korean brands, doesn't really get the resale value it deserves. It also might (?) have just been that particular dealership, trying to pad the figures a little.
Its that Audi just doesn't invest in subsidizing their leases the way Mercedes and especially BMW do.

I'm an expert at leasing, I know when the numbers are being padded or not. Audis just don't lease well, better to buy them.
Old 03-05-21, 01:11 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

so here are a few photos of the car after it has had h&r height adjustable lowering springs installed to lessen the wheel gap which is what i always do. they were developed specifically for the car's adaptive suspension so the ride is still ultra buttery smooth. the car has also been tinted and has had paint protection film (xpel ultimate) applied to the entire front end (full hood, full fenders, full bumper, headlights, black optics package frontal areas, etc.) i'm totally in love with how technologically advanced this car is with the virtual cockpit (google earth in the instrument cluster is amaaaaazing), the infotainment system, and the entire security and safety suites and how well-integrated they are with old-world ICE charm. such a lovely car to drive and just spend time in. the ride reminds me somewhat of how my previous lexus IS rode, however, you can change how the car rides much more in this car depending on which drive mode is selected (mine is currently configured to my liking using the individual mode). the suspension tuning is absolutely fantastic. it's just a very well-built and very refined machine. i can't wait to get past the break-in period to really drive it around some of the foothills here and through the winding roads of temecula wine country.

the car's now sitting in the garage living the good life hooked up to a battery maintainer.

Old 03-05-21, 01:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Looks great!
Old 03-05-21, 02:09 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

thank you!
Old 03-05-21, 02:12 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Congrats on the S4. It looks great. What % tint did you put on it? I'm guessing 20% ish?
Old 03-05-21, 02:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

looks GREAT. what's the white mark on the rear wheel arch?
Old 03-05-21, 02:53 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Congrats on the S4. It looks great. What % tint did you put on it? I'm guessing 20% ish?
yep, 20% and thanks!

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
looks GREAT. what's the white mark on the rear wheel arch?
thank you! the white mark is actually black and it's a regulation thing that has to do with the DOT because the wheel extends a bit past the fender which is against some DOT regulation, so manufacturers get around it by affixing a small black piece of plastic that extends just far enough to meet the wheel. i haven't removed them yet - they're on all four wheel arches - and only because i'm afraid that i'm going to damage something, but people on the audizine forums do remove them. i have to look more into it because they're stuck on pretty good.

another beauty shot that just happened to turn out angled and that i really liked, so i'll share!

Old 03-06-21, 10:54 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 295 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
another beauty shot that just happened to turn out angled and that i really liked, so i'll share!
the weather certainly looks pleasant over there.
Old 03-06-21, 11:03 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by sdls
the weather certainly looks pleasant over there.
It's a freezing 62 degrees today in so-cal. It's super sunny though
Old 03-06-21, 11:32 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 295 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
It's a freezing 62 degrees today in so-cal. It's super sunny though
meanwhile my fingers still ache from digging frozen leaves out of the icy slurry in my gutters. Enjoy the awesome weather and location you live in, man!
Old 03-06-21, 11:52 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 524 Likes on 373 Posts

For what it’s worth anecdotally, we were flown by Volvo to Sweden to take delivery there of an S60. We love it, have owned it for 8 years now and have not had a single problem with it. Consider Volvo. I found ours to be an incredibly sturdy and well made automobile.
Further, I bought a new Audi 3 convertible in 2016. It, too, has been trouble free and a 2019 might be an option for you.
Just my personal experience, for what it’s worth.
Old 03-08-21, 03:14 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shaboom
For what it’s worth anecdotally, we were flown by Volvo to Sweden to take delivery there of an S60. We love it, have owned it for 8 years now and have not had a single problem with it. Consider Volvo. I found ours to be an incredibly sturdy and well made automobile.
Further, I bought a new Audi 3 convertible in 2016. It, too, has been trouble free and a 2019 might be an option for you.
Just my personal experience, for what it’s worth.
take a look through the past few posts as i've purchased a brand new 2021 s4.
Old 03-08-21, 03:19 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
respect to davy but he doesn't go anywhere near children and he's young. vaccinating TEACHERS as a priority *IF THEY AGREE TO ACTUALLY TEACH, IN ACTUAL CLASSROOMS, WITH ACTUAL CHILDREN PRESENT* i can understand.
back to this for a second - everyone within our district -- whether working in administration at the district office, administration and teachers at the school sites, as well all support staff -- will be returning on march 22nd. this decision was abrupt and we found out about it last friday.

this is why education is prioritized. i will be coming into contact with teaching staff that i have to train in literacy as well as children while modeling best literacy practices. it's going to be a nightmare with all of the restrictions we will be under, i can already tell you.
Old 03-08-21, 07:14 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
back to this for a second - everyone within our district -- whether working in administration at the district office, administration and teachers at the school sites, as well all support staff -- will be returning on march 22nd. this decision was abrupt and we found out about it last friday.

this is why education is prioritized. i will be coming into contact with teaching staff that i have to train in literacy as well as children while modeling best literacy practices. it's going to be a nightmare with all of the restrictions we will be under, i can already tell you.
I bet you feel a sense of freedom. My wife (healthcare worker) and my parents have had their shots too and I can tell that they are super happy about it. To be honest, I'd rather my kids get the vaccine before me as I can mitigate the risks much better than they can. At least your commute will now be more enjoyable

Quick Reply: Second Car - Help Needed!