Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus NX: Available as first plug-in hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-21, 05:20 PM
nicedude
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
You not liking something factual doesn't make it "fake news."

Fact: RAV4 Prime is supply constrained. Not up for debate, period.

Everything I said also still stands correct. The NX450h+ will be supply constrained, because the Toyota it's based on is also supply-constrained. Your entire opposing argument to that is "b-but wait it's not out yet!" Name me one Lexus model that has ever had higher production than its Toyota counterpart.

And no response as to my disproving of your blatantly fictional anecdote about the RAV4 Prime "at MSRP" I see lol.

Come on man, don't try pretending to change what you originally wrote just like that...
The NX 450h+ exists so it is the "highest-performing" NX available. Not the 350. Fact check that.

You can get the RAV4 Prime NOW for retail if you go on the waitlist. I told you to reach out to Longo Toyota but you out there on Autotrader playing games. Fact check that.

Look up the definition of being patient too. The Model Y must not exist to you. Or real performance vehicles like the C8 Corvette because guess what, you need to get on the waitlist and WAIT. Take that for data.

I feel sorry for you. Driving circles around...

Old 10-11-21, 05:28 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by nicedude
The NX 450h+ exists so it is the "highest-performing" NX available. Not the 350. Fact check that.
Except it won't be available to most people as mentioned before...

You can get the RAV4 Prime NOW for retail if you go on the waitlist.
I'm laughing so hard right now that I can't even find the appropriate emoji for this oxymoron of a statement.

Old 10-11-21, 05:35 PM
nicedude
Intermediate

Except it won't be available to most people as mentioned before...

I'm laughing so hard right now that I can't even find the appropriate emoji for this oxymoron of a statement.
Won't be available for you does not make it not exist. Stop lying.

Getting trounced because you are too lazy to get on the waitlist to purchase for retail? Do better.

"I don't get to buy it because I am a fool on Autotrader so it does not exist." Dis u?

Old 10-11-21, 05:39 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Won't be available for you does not make it not exist. Stop lying.

Getting trounced because you are too lazy to get on the waitlist to purchase for retail? Do better.

"I don't get to buy it because I am a fool on Autotrader so it does not exist." Dis u?
That's great and all, but I'd love for you to explain to me how one can waitlist something and get it NOW as you originally wrote.... preferably without the childish personal insults, please.
Old 10-11-21, 05:40 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Deleted. Wrong info posted.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 10-11-21 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-11-21, 05:55 PM
nicedude
Intermediate

That's great and all, but I'd love for you to explain to me how one can waitlist something and get it NOW as you originally wrote.... preferably without the childish personal insults, please.
So you admit you were wrong that the 450h+ actually exists. Good to know. It is important not to circulate fake news.

As for the RAV4 Prime, can you not get it for retail? Yes. Do you have to wait if you did not get on the waitlist? Yes. I admit my wording can be interpreted incorrectly and for that, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

End of the day, if you think you can just drive to any Toyota dealership to buy a RAV4 Prime for retail today, you will be laughed out the place. Don't be that guy. Put in the research and work ahead of time and get it done. Anything is possible.

Why so serious tho? You live in a state with zero availability or something? That isn't my fault... Don't take it out on me.

Old 10-11-21, 06:00 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

So you admit you were wrong that the 450h+ actually exists. Good to know. It is important not to circulate fake news.
Where did I say that the 450h+ doesn't exist? Must be nice to make up words for others rather than taking responsibility for your own words lol.

Yes. I admit my wording can be interpreted incorrectly and for that, I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Great. Had you admitted your mistake several posts ago instead of doubling down it would have saved me and others from having to read all that paradoxical nonsense.

End of the day, if you think you can just drive to any Toyota dealership to buy a RAV4 Prime for retail today, you will be laughed out the place. Don't be that guy. Put in the research and work ahead of time and get it done. Anything is possible.
That's literally what I told you, thanks for taking my class lol.

Last edited by Motorola; 10-11-21 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-11-21, 06:26 PM
nicedude
Intermediate

Where did I say that the 450h+ doesn't exist? Must be nice to make up words for others rather than taking responsibility for your own words lol.

Great. Had you admitted your mistake several posts ago instead of doubling down it would have saved me and others from having to read all that paradoxical nonsense.

That's literally what I told you, thanks for taking my class lol.

Dis u? The "highest performing" NX is the 350 because the NX 450h+ does not exist? Smarten up.

Where you live? Don't be scared. Not judging. Don't lie now. Just trying to help you here. Really.
Old 10-11-21, 06:33 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Dis u? The "highest performing" NX is the 350 because the NX 450h+ does not exist? Smarten up.
Here's a fun little exercise. Combine the two sentences.

"The 'highest performing' available NX will be the NX350 because the NX450h+ will be extremely supply-constrained and dealer marked-up like the RAV4."

Pretty sure 9 out of 10 people would understand that the original post meant the above and not resort to fictional interpretations, but some fall through the cracks it seems...

Old 10-11-21, 06:55 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

I've already said to be respectful...
Motorola and nicedude can exit this thread now.
Old 10-11-21, 07:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

The German PHEV's are all phoned-in to comply with Euro regulations. That being said, they would all drive circles around the NX and have vastly superior user technology and handling capability, if recent reviews are accurate.
They are just worse technology. No need to invent reasons for it other that germans are not great with ev tech.

NX450+ is easily the best plugin plugid on the market.

Sure there are faster ones, like q5 that goes 0-60 in 5s, but also has 19 mile range and gets 25mpg.

It is simply laughable, and if toyota did that, forum would be in uproar.

So give credit when it is due.
Old 10-11-21, 07:46 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
They are just worse technology. No need to invent reasons for it other that germans are not great with ev tech.

Sure there are faster ones, like q5 that goes 0-60 in 5s, but also has 19 mile range and gets 25mpg.

It is simply laughable, and if toyota did that, forum would be in uproar.

Great post.

e.
There is no doubt that the Toyota system is the best plug in on the market. They are not even using turbos. Drawback is the high price

Originally Posted by Vladi
Hmm you could be right, I believe BMW 5 with manual was a tick of a second faster.
I recall something along this idea of the automatic. I’d have to find the advertisement

Are you familiar with out plug in brands? I ask because the new NX based on AI/GPS can decide to go full EV for, the city and then when you get on hwy it can go to hybrid mode but back to city it goes full EV.

So North of border. Lexus Canada is going to a reservation system. $1000 deposit required. Never seen Lexus do this. Deposit goes to the dealer. But is refundable.

It's a clutch pack which by definition is not a "full-time" AWD. And it's worth mentioning because those who claim that it is a full-time AWD system are deliberately spreading misinformation.
So Lexus has updated the information on the awd. Looks like full time

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 10-11-21 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-17-21, 08:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,438 Likes on 1,598 Posts

TheStraightPipes reviews it (450h)

tl;dr likes the drives, RIPS the new infotainment

Old 10-19-21, 03:00 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
TheStraightPipes reviews it (450h)

tl;dr likes the drives, RIPS the new infotainment

https://youtu.be/bdCBiyPRadU
stupidest thing about this "review" is that it is a preproduction model, and brand new navigation - i just checked some other reviews (kirk kreifels), and their nav did not white the whole screen when changing modes for instance, i assume it is same for volume, it was just a notification on top, taking little bit of space.

We had other people say it is the best multimedia system out there (redline reviews).
Old 10-19-21, 04:28 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

stupidest thing about this "review" is that it is a preproduction model, and brand new navigation - i just checked some other reviews (kirk kreifels), and their nav did not white the whole screen when changing modes for instance, i assume it is same for volume, it was just a notification on top, taking little bit of space.

We had other people say it is the best multimedia system out there (redline reviews).
I really don't consider Straight Pipes as real reviews, its more of just car entertainment. Alex on Autos is much more of what I consider a real reviewer.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus NX: Available as first plug-in hybrid