Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC beige interior: anyone know why one mono color.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-21, 06:10 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Lexus LC beige interior: anyone know why one mono color.

Here is something I’ve been wondering. We saw a new LC today.

what was the rationale for Lexus to go ALL beige for the interior of the LC? Haven’t seen Lexus do something like this for a long time. Belts, pillars, door trim ..everything

Surprised there is no black accents aside from the female seat buckle.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 03-07-21 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-07-21, 08:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

There are a couple of other black accents.....steering-wheel-spokes, around the shifter/controls on the console, the control-stalks, and a mid-dash trim-line. But, yes, you do have a point.....about 95% of it is tan (I'd call it a tan color more than beige).
Old 03-07-21, 09:41 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

I am not a fan of the all beige (caramel) interior, which is why i went with black. The older rioja red was ok (some parts are black) but the new circuit red is 'in your face' red and not for me.

Old 03-08-21, 04:00 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 271 Likes on 195 Posts

I love it. Although the similar interior color scheme on the C8 has produce complaints of glare. Infrared exterior with that interior please for me.
Old 03-08-21, 08:13 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I am not a fan of the all beige (caramel) interior, which is why i went with black. The older rioja red was ok (some parts are black) but the new circuit red is 'in your face' red and not for me.
Rioja or even deeper red is fine but that circuit red is I dunno, bad I guess? I see no point of saturated red in like LS, ES, RX, NX and even LC. It looks cheap honestly. Btw I didn't even pay attention there is new Inspiration Series for 2021 that's all black with that sick spoiler. Wheels are OK and black interior with those brown inserts on seats is whatever. My favorite was definitely Structural Blue with that crazy tri-tone interior, followed by the last year green with brown.
Old 03-08-21, 08:19 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Here is something I’ve been wondering. We saw a new LC today.

what was the rationale for Lexus to go ALL beige for the interior of the LC? Haven’t seen Lexus do something like this for a long time. Belts, pillars, door trim ..everything

Surprised there is no black accents aside from the female seat buckle.

Remember that black "accents" -- carpets, seatbelts, steering wheel, other trim -- is a way for automakers to save money. If they only produce black carpeting no matter what color the interior is, it's cheaper for them. Maybe we've all gotten too used to that?
Old 03-08-21, 08:19 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
I love it. Although the similar interior color scheme on the C8 has produce complaints of glare. Infrared exterior with that interior please for me.
Agreed, if anything I'd prefer a slightly darker brown color for my tastes. But then this is all about individual tastes, what Jill likes may not necessarily be what Bob likes. Good thing we have free will to choose what color interior we like.
Old 03-08-21, 08:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bob04
i saw in one LC review with the beige interior (or might have been the white one) that reflection/glare was somewhat of an issue.
Old 03-09-21, 07:11 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 322 Likes on 197 Posts

For the insane amount of effort that went into the LC in terms of design/aesthetics/engineering, I don't know what Lexus was thinking of to release an all-beige interior like that.

It's almost as if they said, let's deliberately ruin our stunning design and make an all-beige interior.

That defines the word "ugly".
Old 03-09-21, 08:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
haha, some people LOVE that beige interior. watch exhaust sport auto reviews with kevin and his lc500.

Old 03-09-21, 08:10 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I like that beige interior, I think it is the nicest color and makes it look the most luxurious. If I ever get one I would probably put black or brown floor mats in it because lighter colored ones just get filthy no matter how careful you are. Some reviewers really like the beige too.
My only issue with the LC interior is it lacks some physical buttons like seat heaters/coolers and you have to go into a annoying menu for some of those functions.

Old 03-09-21, 08:23 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
For the insane amount of effort that went into the LC in terms of design/aesthetics/engineering, I don't know what Lexus was thinking of to release an all-beige interior like that.

It's almost as if they said, let's deliberately ruin our stunning design and make an all-beige interior.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
haha, some people LOVE that beige interior. watch exhaust sport auto reviews with kevin and his lc500.
The interior is not bad. I just wondered why the monotone appearance. The rear shelf is the the same. Carpeting. Door plastics. All the pillars. I figure it’s a design trend or something
Old 03-09-21, 08:27 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,060 Likes on 2,572 Posts

That is about the most monochromos interior I've seen on a modern car. If you like that colour you'll love the interior. And the inverse.
Old 03-09-21, 08:34 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
The interior is not bad. I just wondered why the monotone appearance. The rear shelf is the the same. Carpeting. Door plastics. All the pillars. I figure it’s a design trend or something
No different than if you got a black interior.
Old 03-09-21, 08:36 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
That is about the most monochromos interior I've seen on a modern car. If you like that colour you'll love the interior. And the inverse.
which is odd. Usually the floors or rear seat shelf or front dash go black. I wonder if this is something that is sought after in the higher end cars in that segment

My 04 4Runner is monotone for most of the interior but it’s like 80%.

Quick Reply: Lexus LC beige interior: anyone know why one mono color.