Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Insane Mirai incentives right now

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-21, 01:04 PM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Insane Mirai incentives right now

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/03/10/...ai-incentives/

$20000 on the hood, 0% financing for 72 months, $8000 from the feds, $4500 from California AND Toyota will throw in $15000 worth of hydrogen.

Old 03-10-21, 01:08 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Wow but I wonder if the 20k off is easily gotten if I walk into the dealership. I also wonder what the resale value of these cars are as trade in...

what the article also fails to mention is Toyota care for two years, right?
Old 03-10-21, 01:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

This deals only good until the end of March. Could be similar or very different in April. If someone wants a Mirai, now is the time to do so
Old 03-10-21, 01:42 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Not surprised to see that the fool cell hubris project isn’t selling.
Old 03-10-21, 01:45 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

It's a bit disconcerting that the massive incentives are coming literally only a couple months into the release of the car. I bet Toyota now wishes they didn't axe the next GS in favor of reusing its corpse like this.
Old 03-10-21, 01:59 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Motorola
It's a bit disconcerting that the massive incentives are coming literally only a couple months into the release of the car. I bet Toyota now wishes they didn't axe the next GS in favor of reusing its corpse like this.
The GS was on the Toyota New N platform. The Mirai uses the GA-L platform which is what the LS and LC use. Not sure what you mean by 'reuse'. The GS was discontinued, with no successor. The Mirai replaces the old Mirai. Just because the new Mirai is RWD doesn't mean it replaces the GS. If it did then it would wear a Lexus badge.
Old 03-10-21, 02:01 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The GS was on the Toyota New N platform. The Mirai uses the GA-L platform which is what the LS and LC use. Not sure what you mean by 'reuse'. The GS was discontinued, with no successor. The Mirai replaces the old Mirai. Just because the new Mirai is RWD doesn't mean it replaces the GS. If it did then it would wear a Lexus badge.
It's common knowledge that the Mirai was repurposed from the now-cancelled 5th gen GS late in its development cycle. You can even see traces of that GS left in its interior, which shares many design traits with the leaked NX.

This was straight from the mouth of Carmaker1.
Old 03-10-21, 02:07 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

It's common knowledge that the Mirai was repurposed from the now-cancelled 5th gen GS late in its development cycle. You can even see traces of that GS left in its interior, which shares many design traits with the leaked NX.

How do you know there wasn’t gonna be a Lexus version as well? Like these is a Land Cruiser/LX.
Old 03-10-21, 02:09 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
How do you know there wasn’t gonna be a Lexus version as well? Like these is a Land Cruiser/LX.
Carmaker1 has been a pretty credible source.
Old 03-10-21, 02:18 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
How do you know there wasn’t gonna be a Lexus version as well?
Because Carmaker1 spent months trying to tell news outlets to shut up about that misinformation and has told us several times across this board.
Old 03-10-21, 02:25 PM
perfctreig
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

I've been eyeing hydrogen for years. I remember researching converting my 2006 Avalanche from gas to hydrogen. Of course, that's back when gasoline was $5.00 per gallon here in California. This is attractive. I may have to check the Mirai out. I live right near several H2 filing stations.
Old 03-10-21, 02:31 PM
Hoovey689

The 5GS was going to be on the GA-L platform. That's pretty much where the similarities end. In regards to 'traces of the GS'. The same can be said of pretty much any model under the corporate ToMoCo banner will share similarities or corporate identity.
Old 03-10-21, 02:35 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

The 5GS was going to be on the GA-L platform. That's pretty much where the similarities end. In regards to 'traces of the GS'. The same can be said of pretty much any model under the corporate ToMoCo banner will share similarities or corporate identity.
The GA-L was a stretched version of the GA-N. That's why many folks are claiming that the Mirai shares the same platform as the LS500, which sits on the GA-L.

There's really nothing to argue here regarding the 5th GS being reused as the Mirai as this is all factual information as confirmed by Carmaker1 on numerous instances.

Last edited by Motorola; 03-10-21 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-10-21, 02:46 PM
Hoovey689

The GA-L was a stretched version of the GA-N. That's why many folks are claiming that the Mirai shares the same platform as the LS500, which sits on the GA-L.

There's really nothing to argue here regarding the 5th GS being reused as the Mirai as this is all factual information as confirmed by Carmaker1 on numerous instances.
Point was just because they used a canned project to help another project, doesn't make it a replacement for the canned project.

But we'll move on. Mirai is getting massive incentives until the end of the month. It will be curious to see GS69's monthly sales thread beginning of April to see if Toyota was able to entice some folks
Old 03-10-21, 02:50 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Point was just because they used a canned project to help another project, doesn't make it a replacement for the canned project.
I don't recall saying anything about a "replacement." What I said is that the Mirai was repurposed from the remains of the 5GS. This is a fact.

My point is that this car would have likely sold much, much better if it were to be finished and sold as the fifth Lexus GS as originally intended, without the constraints of hydrogen. Certainly, you would never see a $20,000 incentive on a brand new Lexus GS.

Quick Reply: Insane Mirai incentives right now