Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The fastest selling 20

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-21 | 02:25 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
GV80 confuses me a bit. By all reports they are pretty much sold before they hit the lot, but this list says they are on the lot for an average of 25.6 days? Can the OP post a link to where he got this info?
GV80 was the second fastest-selling car back in January according to the same study.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...n-january.html

My guess is that there were supply shortage issues in January that have been remedied since in February, but since it's still on this list, it means that the car is still experiencing a supply shortage.

Similarly, I bet Toyota's recent supply issues is why they're on this list:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/honda-t...es-11615954099
Old 03-18-21 | 02:30 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Wow How many Toyota's and Lexus models are on there? Lots of hybrids too (Toyota hybrids)

That Sienna is doing extremely well for an all hybrid model
Old 03-18-21 | 02:31 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Motorola
GV80 was the second fastest-selling car back in January according to the same study.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...n-january.html

My guess is that there were supply shortage issues in January that have been remedied since in February, but since it's still on this list, it means that the car is still experiencing a supply shortage.
Indeed, not to imply there isn't a shortage. I was just reading on another forum yesterday about a number of people who tried to buy GV80s in the past few weeks but whose dealers were unable to get them, so an average of 25 days seems surprising to me. It means that somewhere GV80s are sitting on dealer lots for more than a month, and it just doesn't match with what I have read. It's surprising to me.
Old 03-18-21 | 02:33 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Indeed, not to imply there isn't a shortage. I was just reading on another forum yesterday about a number of people who tried to buy GV80s in the past few weeks but whose dealers were unable to get them, so an average of 25 days seems surprising to me. It means that somewhere GV80s are sitting on dealer lots for more than a month, and it just doesn't match with what I have read. It's surprising to me.
I bet the GV is not selling as fast as claimed.
Old 03-18-21 | 02:38 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I bet the GV is not selling as fast as claimed.
As fast as who claimed? What data are you looking at?
Old 03-18-21 | 02:38 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

I've noticed that a lot of GV80's get listed for weeks before they actually hit dealerships. I suppose that might be why the listed time used in this study is longer than the actual sales time, but this is merely conjecture.
Old 03-18-21 | 02:39 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Motorola
I've noticed that a lot of GV80's get listed for weeks before they actually hit dealerships. I suppose that might be why the listed time is longer than the actual sales time, but this is merely conjecture.
That's a good thought. Could include the time between when they are allocated to a dealer and when they actually show up.
Old 03-18-21 | 02:47 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

As fast as who claimed? What data are you looking at?
I saw some posts that said there was a waiting list or sold as fast as they arrived. Maybe I was wrong
Old 03-18-21 | 03:22 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe there are shortages in certain areas. I'm seeing tons of GV80s (meaning 100+) on the official website inventory search in my area.
Old 03-18-21 | 03:34 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gengar
Maybe there are shortages in certain areas. I'm seeing tons of GV80s (meaning 100+) on the official website inventory search in my area.
Very likely. Thanks for the response.
Old 03-24-21 | 11:32 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Default Somehow It's Lexus Proving That New Sports Sedans Can Be Popular

According to Road and Track, the IS350 is selling fast due to consumer demand and not due to poor supply from Lexus.

Somehow It's Lexus Proving That New Sports Sedans Can Be Popular

Even well-received sports sedans have been struggling recently, but Lexus' fast-selling IS seems to be bucking the trend.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...stest-selling/

The beauty of the IS350 is that, if Lexus is to be believed, it's bringing in new customers to the sports sedan market. The company confirms that not only are IS350s flying off the lots, but it's also not a supply issue. It's the result of booming demand, at least partially due to an all-out marketing push for the car. I've seen IS marketing everywhere, from normal Twitter and television ads to extensive sponsored ad reads by YouTube Gaming streamer CouRage.

Those campaigns are notable because they don't emphasize the gimmicks of the car, but the Lexus Driving Signature and reworked styling. They proclaim that Lexus is "all-in on the sports sedan." It seems to be paying off. Lexus internal data not only shows high demand following the marketing campaign but particular resonance with "younger luxury sports sedan enthusiasts."
Old 03-25-21 | 05:15 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Hold on! Toyota themselves has said sedans don't sell hence the reason why GS is out of the window
Lexus USA must have mastered inventory and demand ratio on this facelift IS
Old 03-25-21 | 05:19 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by natnut
According to Road and Track, the IS350 is selling fast due to consumer demand and not due to poor supply from Lexus.

Somehow It's Lexus Proving That New Sports Sedans Can Be Popular

Even well-received sports sedans have been struggling recently, but Lexus' fast-selling IS seems to be bucking the trend.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...stest-selling/

Headline doesn't align with the data point, again trying to base something solely on the days to turn/days to sell, which everyone within the automotive industry knows cannot be taken in isolation.
Old 03-25-21 | 05:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

let me know when you can get power folding mirrors on an IS (or does it have them now?)
Old 03-25-21 | 06:59 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
let me know when you can get power folding mirrors on an IS (or does it have them now?)

Looks like a no.

Quick Reply: The fastest selling 20