Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Teammate Automated Driving

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-21, 05:54 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
Spywolf asked who is releasing level 3. RXSF replied with Mercedes. I replied with Honda.

Please pay attention to the context of the discussion next time before you come up with another absurd strawman argument.

Also, Hyundai and Genesis offer EV's. Where's Lexus and Toyota's? See, I can create silly unrelated strawman arguments too.
Legit was wondering what Hyundai or Genesis is offering. You are a big fan of Hyundai and Gen..was looking for a discussion . i shall do a boring Google. It’s all good Motorola
Old 06-18-21, 05:57 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Legit was wondering what Hyundai or Genesis is offering. You are a big fan of Hyundai and Gen..was looking for a discussion . i shall do a boring Google. It’s all good Motorola
lol no you weren't, you were baiting another strawman rhetorical argument about how Genesis/Hyundai haven't offered any level 3 systems yet because I mentioned that Honda did before Toyota.

And to answer your question, the electric G80 supposedly is equipped with level 3, along with the next-gen G90. But I don't see how they're related to this thread, so...
Old 06-18-21, 06:03 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

lol no you weren't, you were baiting another strawman rhetorical argument about how Genesis/Hyundai haven't offered any level 3 systems yet because I mentioned that Honda did before Toyota.
No. I was pointing out that Toyota doesn’t need to be first. Nobody is gonna buy a Toyota because it’s first to be self driving. Neither will anyone pay for a subscription at this point in time. However, Tesla and GM can charge extra for it.

And to answer your question, the electric G80 supposedly is equipped with level 3, along with the next-gen G90. But I don't see how they're related to this thread, so...
Thanks. didn’t know that. Surprised the Hyundai EVs don’t have level 2 yet.
Old 06-18-21, 06:08 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

No. I was pointing out that Toyota doesn’t need to be first. Nobody is gonna buy a Toyota because it’s first to be self driving. Neither will anyone pay for a subscription at this point in time. However, Tesla and GM can charge extra for it.
Except I never said they needed to be first. That's a strawman bait argument that you created. I merely mentioned that Honda made a level 3 system before Toyota in their home country, in response to a question about what other level 3 systems there are currently out there.

Thanks. didn’t know that. Surprised the Hyundai EVs don’t have level 2 yet.
All new Hyundai vehicles have level 2. Again with the strawman bait...

Old 06-18-21, 06:12 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

All new Hyundai vehicles have level 2. Again with the strawman bait...
Thanks. Was just reading Newsweek.. they say only Nissan, GM and Tesla and now Lexus have level 2. Perhaps others have it. Wasn’t aware ALL Hyundai models have level 2

https://www.newsweek.com/lexus-teamm...cruise-1600499

It supports SAE Level 2 functionality. This is the same level as General Motors' Super Cruise, Nissan's ProPilot Assist, and Tesla's Autopilot and Full Self-Driving suite of technologies.
Old 06-18-21, 06:17 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Thanks. Was just reading Newsweek.. they say only Nissan, GM and Tesla and now Lexus have level 2. Perhaps others have it. Wasn’t aware ALL Hyundai models have level 2

https://www.newsweek.com/lexus-teamm...cruise-1600499
Hyundai has Highway Drive Assist, which is a level 2 system, on all their new models.

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shoppin...w-does-it-work

I think I've entertained enough of your off-topic strawman arguments in this thread...
Old 06-18-21, 06:21 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Hyundai has Highway Drive Assist, which is a level 2 system, on all their new models.

Thanks. I legitimately never knew that all of the Hyundai models had it as something that was available as an option.

Originally Posted by RXSF
I’m pretty sure new gen S class can be level 3 equipped and activated when approved later this year or next year.
I think this is true. But in Germany level 3 might already be engaged. EQS I think will have it too.
Old 06-18-21, 09:29 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks. I legitimately never knew that all of the Hyundai models had it as something that was available as an option.

I think this is true. But in Germany level 3 might already be engaged. EQS I think will have it too.
I think even the Germans have not passed legislature on the issue, so Mercedes is waiting before activating. You can purchase the S class/EQS with the hardware but it will not be activated yet. While it is almost a sure thing for governments to pass it, it would be interesting if they fail to do so, and people who paid for it need to be reimbursed by Mercedes.
Old 06-19-21, 06:00 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Ha, thanks, i didn't even know i had that on my santa fe.

Just checked...

Old 07-06-21, 08:43 AM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Lexus Teammate Is the Future Of Self-Driving

Lexus Teammate Is the Future Of Self-Driving
By Brett Foote

Lexus' Teammate feature is the automaker's new Level 2 driving assistant.

Old 08-26-21, 09:39 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lexus "Teammate" Semi-Autonomous Driving Demo

Here's a pretty cool demo of Lexus Teammate Level 2 Semi Autonomous Driving System