Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jeep plant flood

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-21 | 11:27 AM
kLS400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pbm317
Chrysler has actually not been building cars without chips and having them sit around.

When I was in Detroit just the other week I saw endless parking lots of F-150s being stored on abandoned office park lots by the factory as they were being built and then held without certain parts due to the chip supply chain issues.

A holding lot before shipment is how all factories operate, go for yourself and see the endless holding lots near the ports in Baltimore. Supply chain and logistics at work to move nearly 16 million new cars a year for consumers who almost all buy from dealer inventories.
Does that include Toyota factories? I thought Toyota become highly successful for changing the ways of the Ford factory assembly line by greatly minimizing storage, maybe I am wrong??
Old 06-30-21 | 11:33 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kLS400
Does that include Toyota factories? I thought Toyota become highly successful for changing the ways of the Ford factory assembly line by greatly minimizing storage, maybe I am wrong??
No your not, but the chip shortage has affected a broad range of industries and has changed everything. I'm in IT, and getting laptops and other electronics for example takes months. We have new hires coming in but laptops taking 2 months or so to arrive. And if one of them is defective, good luck getting a replacement
Old 06-30-21 | 12:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I'm in IT, and getting laptops and other electronics for example takes months.
same here.

Old 06-30-21 | 02:32 PM
Chazmanfla
3rd Gear

Default And Now, Something New From Jeep…

Optional Deep Sea Capability now comes standard on all Detroit built hybrid units. When asked about performance numbers, lead development supervisor said “They’re shocking!”