Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus GX

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-21, 04:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Just a guess, but if WA is correct in his location, then you don't need AC for most seasons in the Pacific Northwest
Just leave the HVAC in auto mode and let it worry about the settings.
Old 08-05-21, 04:37 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 236 Likes on 198 Posts

The new plastic is a dark grayish/black color I didn't notice it at first, looks sharp I think.
Old 08-05-21, 04:40 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Why is your AC ever turned off?
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Just a guess, but if WA is correct in his location, then you don't need AC for most seasons in the Pacific Northwest
yup, cuz of WA (Seattle area). 60F degrees in the morning and then up to 90F in the afternoons.

Meanwhile in my ISF or Tacoma, the A/C button is right there.
Old 08-05-21, 04:44 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 236 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
yup, cuz of WA (Seattle area). 60F degrees in the morning and then up to 90F in the afternoons.

Just leave it on auto, let it do its thing. Auto climate control is a glorious thing.
Old 08-05-21, 04:44 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,627 Likes on 1,038 Posts

As another Washingtonian, I have never used the AC button. I leave mine on auto year round and just let the car choose when it wants to use the compressor. Good for cooling in the summer and defogging the glass in the winter.
Old 08-05-21, 04:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by msgs350

Try just leaving it on all the time and let the system do its job. There is no reason to turn the AC button off.
Old 08-05-21, 05:10 PM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

This thing will sell. They did it right imo. While it’s over due for a redesign, it’s a fine suv in its own category. With the last cosmetic update, this seems to complete its puzzle. I might have ended up with it if it came out a few months earlier. I love everything else but got tired of looking at the old screen. It’s interesting to see comments compliment old screen over this. Now that we’re on the screen, why are Lexus screens not angled towards the driver? I really like how BMW screens are angled.
Old 08-05-21, 05:34 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Nothing wrong with a clock in the middle of the center stack. We like knowing what time it is and glancing at it is a nice feature.

Yes, going through touchscreens to turn on and off AC and other climate controls is a hassle and is a reason I wouldn't consider certain cars.

If cars are going to have giant screens, they look so much better being built-in instead of tacked onto the top.

I was hoping Lexus would have toned down that giant grille one of these days, but I don't think I'm going to get my wish.
Old 08-05-21, 08:39 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Good god are they ever going to come out with an all new model? I’ve been waiting for years for a new model as the GX has always been my favorite Lexus SUV and I thought 2022 would be the year, guess not.
Old 08-05-21, 08:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by xjokerz
Nothing wrong with a clock in the middle of the center stack. We like knowing what time it is and glancing at it is a nice feature.

Yes, going through touchscreens to turn on and off AC and other climate controls is a hassle and is a reason I wouldn't consider certain cars.

If cars are going to have giant screens, they look so much better being built-in instead of tacked onto the top.

I was hoping Lexus would have toned down that giant grille one of these days, but I don't think I'm going to get my wish.

Again, totally agree.

xjokerz, I have to admit I have a LOT of respect for your posts....they exhibit simple common sense. You have a good insight not only into what the auto industry IS, but also what it SHOULD be, and what it COULD be if we had better people running the auto companies, and fewer/better regulations trying to strangle it.
Old 08-06-21, 05:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
xjokerz, I have to admit I have a LOT of respect for your posts....they exhibit simple common sense. You have a good insight not only into what the auto industry IS, but also what it SHOULD be, and what it COULD be if we had better people running the auto companies, and fewer/better regulations trying to strangle it.
Meaning what YOU think it should be.
Old 08-06-21, 06:31 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by xjokerz
physical clock is ok. my LC one is a bit too far to the right but still nice.

i agree - again the LC is a hassle if you want full control but at least the temp/mode controls are quality physical buttons/toggles.

again i agree!

i think it will evolve plus electrification will certainly mean it's not needed.
Old 08-06-21, 07:07 AM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall

Again, totally agree.

Giant screens and big grilles have nothing to do with regulations or what car companies want- it's what consumers want and what their wallet tells car companies to do. This is how it's always been.

Old 08-06-21, 07:48 AM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
I don’t think my 17yo car has even run without the a/c compressor on. It defogs the windows and removes humidity. I don’t think it hurts a car AT ALL to leave a/c on all the time. But I don’t think it’s that humid up there?
Summers in Oregon can get pretty humid. I'm not sure about Washington, though it's probably similar.
Old 08-06-21, 07:59 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I’d rather have them do that then downsize the engines. There is nothing wrong with the GX frame, four-wheel-drive system or the current V8.
I will be royally pissed if they shove the 5.7 into the 2023 model. That would fix the last main issue of the GX.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus GX