Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus GX

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-21, 10:25 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 294 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Wait a minute, Lexus added the dreaded touchpad and a touch screen along with the CD player.
I just noticed the touchpad after you mentioned it. Where did they relocate the toggle switches?

Also, thank god they got rid of the cheap silver plastic look around the infotainment center even if they just changed the color. I never liked the look of that part and felt it wasn’t worthy of its price point.
Old 08-08-21, 12:31 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
CD player was always there.
Yes that's true but not my point. The article says: "But it is finally getting a pretty major infotainment update to help modernize it"

How can they say it's a major update but leaving in dinosaur tech. That's not modernizing in my book.
Old 08-08-21, 01:28 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Yes that's true but not my point. The article says: "But it is finally getting a pretty major infotainment update to help modernize it"

How can they say it's a major update but leaving in dinosaur tech. That's not modernizing in my book.
CD is still a very best way to listen to music in a car. Luxury should be about options

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 08-08-21 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-08-21, 01:55 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

The change in infotainment doesn't change the fact the GX still has dinosaur tech. If anything, keeping a CD player will help to not alienate its previous owner base who aren't as tech-savvy as say an X5 buyer. I remember someone in the forums who detested the Genesis GV80's cabin because he thought the infotainment was too intricate to use, and his only standard for comparison was a Lexus GX he owned. And the GV80 doesn't even have the advanced features of the German infotainments like gesture control. Make the GX too new and it would scare off people like him.
Old 08-08-21, 02:05 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 219 Likes on 184 Posts

The more I look at this the more I like it. The climate control temp settings are out of LS/LC. Nice big touchscreen.

People aren't wrong when they say these are old, but that would not stop me from buying one of these. Something so safe and satisfying about this. Tough as nails. If one brand can pull this off, it's Toyota and Lexus. There are people still out buying 2021 Tundras from 2007 and loving every minute of it, even though the new one is just about here.

GX is one of the most popular expensive SUVs even counting crossovers around here in West Knox.
Old 08-08-21, 02:27 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123

People aren't wrong when they say these are old, but that would not stop me from buying one of these.x.
Id rather have any GX than any cross over out there.
Old 08-08-21, 04:11 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

100%. The only exception may be an RX for gas mileage considerations lol. $4.69 for premium where I live!
Old 08-08-21, 04:12 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Wait a minute, Lexus added the dreaded touchpad and a touch screen along with the CD player.
Hey, don't knock the CD player! Give me a 6-disc changer and I'll be thrilled. That and my XM radio of course
Old 08-08-21, 06:18 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by xjokerz
100%. The only exception may be an RX for gas mileage considerations lol. $4.69 for premium where I live!
Personally, I can't get into another unibody SUV. They just dont feel the same. The 2021 RX I had as a loaner was such a let down.
Old 08-08-21, 06:28 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Originally Posted by situman
Personally, I can't get into another unibody SUV. They just dont feel the same. The 2021 RX I had as a loaner was such a let down.
Yeah those real SUV's are more solid feeling. No denying that. I just hate that how I drive so much I need something with half way decent gas mileage. I really love the first gen GX body style but those get like mid teens on the highway.
Old 08-08-21, 06:32 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 219 Likes on 184 Posts

Same here. In that Army Green color please. They should offer that in the LX too.
Old 08-08-21, 06:44 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Yeah those real SUV's are more solid feeling. No denying that. I just hate that how I drive so much I need something with half way decent gas mileage. I really love the first gen GX body style but those get like mid teens on the highway.
No way, I got low 20's on the highway in my first gen and I actually got better gas mileage on the first gen compared to my second gen. I still liked my first gen overall compared to my second gen. The tech was dated (didn't even have HIDs) but the interior materials were better. I also thought it looked better than my second gen.
Old 08-08-21, 06:47 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Originally Posted by patgilm
No way, I got low 20's on the highway in my first gen and I actually got better gas mileage on the first gen compared to my second gen. I still liked my first gen overall compared to my second gen. The tech was dated (didn't even have HIDs) but the interior materials were better. I also thought it looked better than my second gen.
Wait, so you actually got comparable mileage in your GX 470 compared to what an RX 350 gets?? If that's the case, it's definitely a no-brainer as to which vehicle to get.
Old 08-08-21, 06:51 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Wait, so you actually got comparable mileage in your GX 470 compared to what an RX 350 gets?? If that's the case, it's definitely a no-brainer as to which vehicle to get.
Sorry, I thought you were talking first gen GX to second gen GX. No way they get better gas mileage than a RX but it’s not too far off.
Old 08-08-21, 06:53 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Originally Posted by patgilm
Sorry, I thought you were talking first gen GX to second gen GX. No way they get better gas mileage than a RX but it’s not too far off.
Oh lol sorry for the confusion. I figured it's only like 2 or 3 mpg difference highway driving, right?

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus GX