Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2023 Acura Integra (production specs and photos revealed post #150)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-21, 03:11 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Seeing this teaser, I'm on board that this would have been the new ILX but renamed Integra now.
Old 09-28-21, 07:16 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Well, so much for those fantasies that it would be another coupe. This is clearly another ILX.

I assume the teaser is a concept car because it's missing door handles and the silhouette is much slinkier than the camo'd prototype I previously posted. Acura would be wise not to do another bait-and-switch like the Type S with its teasers.

Last edited by Motorola; 09-28-21 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-28-21, 08:34 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Love the “Integra” inscription on the bumper.
Old 09-28-21, 09:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
Well, so much for those fantasies that it would be another coupe.
So? Previous Integras had 4-door and/or 5-door versions in each of its first four generations. A co-worker of mine had a 1999 4-door sedan...the version with the four small round headlights. Incredibly well-built car.....one of the best I've ever seen. It still drove and operated almost like new with 200K on the clock....and many of the buttons and controls inside still felt brand-new. (He had a tendency to drink at parties, and I, a teetotaler, was often the Designated Driver LOL).
Old 09-28-21, 09:36 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
So? Previous Integras had 4-door and/or 5-door versions in each of its first four generations. A co-worker of mine had a 1999 4-door sedan...the version with the four small round headlights. Incredibly well-built car.....one of the best I've ever seen. It still drove and operated almost like new with 200K on the clock....and many of the buttons and controls inside still felt brand-new.
I remember way back in the 1990s am employee of mine had the first Gen Integra. What a fresh and interesting designs at the time.
Old 09-28-21, 09:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I remember way back in the 1990s am employee of mine had the first Gen Integra. What a fresh and interesting designs at the time.
Yes, the 1990s were the golden years for Honda and Acura....for the money, they were arguably the most well-screwed-together cars in the industry, but Lexus, at the time, was also establishing a rock-solid record of quality in the Luxury end of the market.
Old 09-28-21, 09:58 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
So? Previous Integras had 4-door and/or 5-door versions in each of its first four generations. A co-worker of mine had a 1999 4-door sedan...the version with the four small round headlights. Incredibly well-built car.....one of the best I've ever seen. It still drove and operated almost like new with 200K on the clock....and many of the buttons and controls inside still felt brand-new. (He had a tendency to drink at parties, and I, a teetotaler, was often the Designated Driver LOL).
As previously mentioned, those "previous 4-door Integras" would later become the ILX. Which is what this is.

The hype train surrounding this entire announcement to begin with was the notion that it would be a new coupe. Instead what we got was the next-gen ILX renamed to its original moniker.
Old 09-28-21, 10:18 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Sad on the rendering. They decided to go for the dumpy-butt hatchback look, which is soft, weak, feminine, and traditionally sells poorly in America. A sporty 2-door coupe or proper sedan with trunk would have been welcomed for Integra traditionalists and the aftermarket.
Agreed, this was an ILX replacement with a last minute name change.

Old 09-29-21, 04:58 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

And what we are seeing, even though it is a drawing, is 99% of what we will get. Honda/Acura is pretty good at showing teasers and then making minimal changes to the final product.
Old 09-29-21, 05:29 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

As previously mentioned, those "previous 4-door Integras" would later become the ILX. Which is what this is.

The hype train surrounding this entire announcement to begin with was the notion that it would be a new coupe. Instead what we got was the next-gen ILX renamed to its original moniker.
The very original first gen Integra had a four door option. I don’t see what the big deal is if there was some notion that it might be a coupe. And you have no idea if there will be a 2 door version at some point. Maybe even at launch
Old 09-29-21, 05:32 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

A coupe has no business case in today's market, especially in this price tier. Integra traditionalists have all moved on. The Civic, a high volume car, wasn't able to make the coupe business case work.

I think this is going to be terrific. The Integra Type S could finally give consumers an option for a Civic Type R that doesn't look like a multi-winged batmobile.
Old 09-29-21, 05:41 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jer
Honda/Acura is pretty good at showing teasers and then making minimal changes to the final product.
Certainly wasn't the case with the TLX .

The very original first gen Integra had a four door option. I don’t see what the big deal is if there was some notion that it might be a coupe. And you have no idea if there will be a 2 door version at some point. Maybe even at launch
Actually I do, because I pay attention to news rather than fan wishlists. Read the press release.

Sport is Back: Acura Teases the All-New Integra’s Sleek Five-Door Design
Just like the original Integra, which helped launch the Acura brand in 1986, the fifth-generation Integra will be a premium sport compact with striking five-door design.
Acura has made it 100% clear that this will only be available in one body type, and it isn't a coupe.
Old 09-29-21, 06:19 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Certainly wasn't the case with the TLX .

Actually I do, because I pay attention to news rather than fan wishlists. Read the press release.

Sport is Back: Acura Teases the All-New Integra’s Sleek Five-Door Design

Acura has made it 100% clear that this will only be available in one body type, and it isn't a coupe.
How do you know a 2 door version won’t come in the 2nd MY?
Old 09-29-21, 06:47 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 302 Likes on 232 Posts

How do you know a 2 door version won’t come in the 2nd MY?
Because the 2-door Civic it would be based on has been cancelled. MY2020 was the final year.

Last edited by geko29; 09-29-21 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-29-21, 07:35 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Love the “Integra” inscription on the bumper.
It's homage to the last Integra which also had the inscription

Quick Reply: 2023 Acura Integra (production specs and photos revealed post #150)